Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Despite what I've said in the past, we apparently have no leader on D.
    I think that role has been bestowed upon Mr. Rolle.

As far as the "Tuck frustrated by injuries" thing, let the man sit and rest, then. If the reason he's been invisible this year is, once again, a result of nagging injuries, he really should sit out a week because he's not doing us any favors on the line.

How many years are we going to go through the same stuff with this guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Despite what I've said in the past, we apparently have no leader on D.
    He's the defensive captain and he's not living up to his role as that captain, plain and simple. At this point I'd rather see it go to JPP or Blackburn

vCash
    blackburn defensive capatin i have heard it all lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    I'm tired of this guy effort. He sucks and only plays hard in spurts. He's our so called leader but his effort is mind bottling. Idk if he's lost a step and just isn't trying. I mean I remember when he thought about retiring, if he's lost the passion than he needs to retire and stop wasting our ****ing time. Restructure his deal or cut him.
    He hasn't been great for the third straight year, however cut him? No, he still has tremendous value to the team. Osi has had a better year this season than him, and that's saying something since he isn't a starter. I agree with you though Tuck needs to step it up though...

(Don't be surprised if Reese drafts a DE in the first round of next year's draft, this probably being Osi's year and all)

vCash
    You cut Tuck you are going to have a mobb scene for a fan base

Ever go to a knicks game when he is there? Guy gets more love then any player on the knicks

vCash
    Wasn't able to watch against the Skins but I kinda had the feeling he was finally improving from his horrible start the last couple of games?

But besides this cutting him is way overreacting. Like someone else said already (don't know who and i'm too lazy to look it up): he's not the biggest problem we have right now...

vCash
    I thought I saw him push the tackle back on several occassions, getting decent penetration. The biggest issue I see with him, is a lack of explosiveness. It looks like he depends solely on the bull rush. However, unless you are Reggie White, you are never going to get very far that way. Some of the best pass rushers in the league have a combination of speed and power. JPP is certainly one of them. Freeney, J. Abraham, Suggs, Ware, Matthews, etc. all have a great combination of speed and power. I am not seeing much in terms of speed from Tuck. Also, the quick passing game is not doing him or anyone else on the DL any favors either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    You cut Tuck you are going to have a mobb scene for a fan base

Ever go to a knicks game when he is there? Guy gets more love then any player on the knicks
    Yea beacuse thats when you notice and see him..at Knick games and yankee games... I wonder why he shows up to those games but he doesnt show up to the giant games?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    I'm tired of this guy effort. He sucks and only plays hard in spurts. He's our so called leader but his effort is mind bottling. Idk if he's lost a step and just isn't trying. I mean I remember when he thought about retiring, if he's lost the passion than he needs to retire and stop wasting our ****ing time. Restructure his deal or cut him.
    .....let's be honest, this guy plays his best when it matters the most....he's a clutch player that always gives the Giants D momentum everytime he contributes to a play...and when he makes a bad play, the whole D sucks...seems like he's living up to the role of "follow the leader" IMHO...I'm not being disrespectful to your opinion, cuz his consistency has been disappointing, but c'mon man, he still got some gas in the tank left...give him 16 games before you blow him out of the water...
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 12-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Tuck is not a young dude anymore. Plus from the looks of things, his presence helps others on the line.

Really your disdain should be focused on the defensive tackles because to me it all starts there. When they get that push, it forces QB's to the outside which then gives DE's the chance to get sacks. Canty and Joseph must do a better job.
    As nice and simple that sounds, sadly, it's a bad thing for the Giants D if the QB DOES get out of the pocket...especially players like RG3. Rogers, Brees, etc.. but you were right about disdaining the DT first...their run-stop effort has been horrendous all-eyear long, and they do need some improvement
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    I can't be the only one that saw that shot of Tuck on the sideline with a look of defeat on a crucial third down that WOULDVE GIVEN US THE BALL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I can't be the only one that saw that shot of Tuck on the sideline with a look of defeat on a crucial third down that WOULDVE GIVEN US THE BALL
    Yeah i saw it too. D was gassed at that point and I think they were out of answers.

vCash
    I get that but why is our defensive captain on the sideline on a play that could give us the ball back and possibly a game winning drive? At the very least he should pump up the people on the sideline

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    I get that but why is our defensive captain on the sideline on a play that could give us the ball back and possibly a game winning drive? At the very least he should pump up the people on the sideline
    100% agree

vCash
    Tuck is done I made a thread earlier this year hes clearly washed up. We need a DE bad because our secondary sucks too

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast