Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which sport has the poorest officiating?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • NFL

3 5.77%
  • NBA

48 92.31%
  • MLB

1 1.92%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    NBA... because stern has put in the fix for years
    With other sports I'm wary of yelling about the fix, but the NBA is painfully obvious.

Stern will do whatever it takes to get as much money as possible and the latest Spurs debacle is just more evidence.

On a similar note, are there any legal repercussions to fixing sports? From the commissioners side that is. I mean it is a private business and they have the right to do what they want. Just like WWE.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    The NBA is easily the most difficult to officiate, and there for perceived as the worst. Whether those refs actually are more incompetent than their peers in other sports, I don't know.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    NBA..because it is a joke.

It's fixed. It's streetball. It's ********.

vCash
    Lol at people saying the NBA is fixed. Sure there's some bias by the refs (not the NBA), but that's probably as far as it goes.

vCash
    Its the NBA by far. I dont mind calling the NBA fixed. The reason I watch it is that there is nothing to compete alongside this time of year (during the weekdays). When the Tim Donaghy situation came out I wasnt shocked. I also laugh how in the PSD NBA forum how its a taboo to blame the refs if the game goes wrong.
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew View Post
    Its the NBA by far. I dont mind calling the NBA fixed. The reason I watch it is that there is nothing to compete alongside this time of year (during the weekdays). When the Tim Donaghy situation came out I wasnt shocked. I also laugh how in the PSD NBA forum how its a taboo to blame the refs if the game goes wrong.
    The betting scandal wasn't the NBA's doing. It was Tim Donaghy. He made his own decisions, not the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I think the NBA has the poorest officiating (sans the early 2012 NFL Refs during the strike).
    The fact that "star calls" are acknowledged only in the NBA is very telling. That being said the NBA may be the toughest sport to officiate.
    What sport do you think has the poorest officiating? NFL, NBA, or MLB?
    Are you forgetting about baseball here? If someone named Justin Verlander is on the mound and there's a pitch on the corner that could be called either way it's definitely going to be called a strike.

I do agree that the NBA has the worst refs though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol at people saying the NBA is fixed. Sure there's some bias by the refs (not the NBA), but that's probably as far as it goes.
    Who do you think tells the refs to go by that bias? Their mothers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Who do you think tells the refs to go by that bias? Their mothers?
    Why does someone have to tell them? They can make their own decisions for their own benefits. Donaghy was betting on games and was making money. Why would the NBA be behind that?,

vCash
    NBA in a landslide & Tim Donaghy can burn in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    "Star calls" and "the NBA is fixed" are both folly statements.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    the only players getting called out for flopping are non stars. Did Wade, Bron, Kobe, Harden suddenly stop flopping?

vCash
    I don't get this statement about the NBA being the most difficult to officiate.

First off, NCAA basketball is officiated just fine, as has been previously mentioned.

Furthermore, NFL is much, much harder. You have 22 people on the field, with 12 of them at least around each other at the beginning of every play. In addition, there's much more contact than in the NBA. And the rule book is way more encompassing.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Why does someone have to tell them? They can make their own decisions for their own benefits. Donaghy was betting on games and was making money. Why would the NBA be behind that?,
    Fair enough but in the grand scheme of things Stern could instruct them to make calls in favour of one team like the Kings/Lakers 2002 series. Although Donaghy is a scumbag, I believe him when he said he was told to make calls in favour of the Lakers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Fair enough but in the grand scheme of things Stern could instruct them to make calls in favour of one team like the Kings/Lakers 2002 series. Although Donaghy is a scumbag, I believe him when he said he was told to make calls in favour of the Lakers.
    Stern is a business man. If he really wanted to rig the NBA to make money, he'd do a lot better job than what's actually happened in the league the last 12 years. Every single fan in this league makes predictions as to how Stern will rig the NBA. They get 1 out of 10 predictions right and all of the sudden, the NBA is rigged.

Stern isn't some God or powerful being. If he's been rigging things in the NBA since 1985 (or even earlier), he would've been caught by now. He's not going to get away with things if he's rigging it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast