Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Wada not far away from returning?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Tsuyoshi Wada was expected to be an important part of the Orioles’ rotation last season. Instead, he had Tommy John surgery.

The 31-year-old Japanese left-hander signed a two-year, $8.15 million contract and after staying back in Sarasota, Fla. for extended spring training, underwent surgery in May.

“He’s doing great,” manager Buck Showalter said at his session with reporters at the Winter Meetings Tuesday.

“I know that’s kind of under-the-radar. We have a chance to get a good pitcher a lot sooner than some people may think. I’m not going to say the start of the season until we get down to spring.”

Generally, pitchers with Tommy John surgery can return 12 months afterward. That would put Wada’s return in May.

“I think he’s going to be healthy and ready to go earlier than people think,” Showalter said.

“We’ve gotten rave reviews on his work habits. He’s got a chance to really give us a shot in the arm.”
    http://www.csnbaltimore.com/blog/ori...y-people-think

vCash
    if he comes back healthy, I think he could be oyur #5 starter. When we signed him, I was hearing he was comparable to Dallas Braden. I wish we had a crystal ball because i would feel much better if we could trade one of our other arms for a bat knowing Wada could come in and pitch well in the 5 slot.