Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Uhm what a surprise that Bethesda can't create decent gameplay, they try since Daggerfall and fail in every iteration. Honestly never could get over the bad fighting in Elder Scrolls games. Fallout 3 with VATS is ok. If you want fallout with good gameplay 1+2 will do that.
    Well New Vegas was made by Black Isle members that were part of the obsidion crew. Its much better IMO.

1+2 are great, but they are a totally different genre from what the OP was talking about.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    Well New Vegas was made by Black Isle members that were part of the obsidion crew. Its much better IMO.

1+2 are great, but they are a totally different genre from what the OP was talking about.
    I would call both Western RPG's so they are in the same Genre, but I know what you're getting at.

I didn't try to imply that Fallout 3 was bad, it's quite fun actually. But it's a fact that Bethesda can't make combat that is good. New Vegas is in my Backlog, Obsidian and Before Black Isle are probably the better Developers then Bethesda in house.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    I would call both Western RPG's so they are in the same Genre, but I know what you're getting at.

I didn't try to imply that Fallout 3 was bad, it's quite fun actually. But it's a fact that Bethesda can't make combat that is good. New Vegas is in my Backlog, Obsidian and Before Black Isle are probably the better Developers then Bethesda in house.
    New Vegas holds to 1 and 2 much better. It has a similar writing style, which is hilarious, and directly executes storyline elements stemming from 1, 2 and ideas from Van Bueren. It is true canon. The main problem most had with Fallout 3 was that it veered away from the fallout storyline too much. It wasnt an actual fallout game. It was a great game, but it was almost standalone in its execution.

New Vegas also brings a few other elements into play that make it a much better game IMO. It brings back traits, especially fun is the 'Wild Wasteland' trait. It brings hardcore mode, which most Fallout gamers prefer. It brings back some cool attributes like 'survival' and 'doctor.' It brings the iron sights, which is a huge improvement in combat. It brings back the NCR, Marcus, Tabitha and various other old school characters. It brings CEASARS FREAKIN LEGION! It just feels like a classic Fallout experience.

Seriously, get that ish off of backlog and play it. especially if youre a fan of the story of the first 2 and the gameplay of 3.

and yes, both are western RPG's, but one is a turn based RPG and the other is an ARPG.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    New Vegas holds to 1 and 2 much better. It has a similar writing style, which is hilarious, and directly executes storyline elements stemming from 1, 2 and ideas from Van Bueren. It is true canon. The main problem most had with Fallout 3 was that it veered away from the fallout storyline too much. It wasnt an actual fallout game. It was a great game, but it was almost standalone in its execution.

New Vegas also brings a few other elements into play that make it a much better game IMO. It brings back traits, especially fun is the 'Wild Wasteland' trait. It brings hardcore mode, which most Fallout gamers prefer. It brings back some cool attributes like 'survival' and 'doctor.' It brings the iron sights, which is a huge improvement in combat. It brings back the NCR, Marcus, Tabitha and various other old school characters. It brings CEASARS FREAKIN LEGION! It just feels like a classic Fallout experience.

Seriously, get that ish off of backlog and play it. especially if youre a fan of the story of the first 2 and the gameplay of 3.

and yes, both are western RPG's, but one is a turn based RPG and the other is an ARPG.
    Hm moving it up in the backlog will not be easy.... Still on XCOM, which will certainly yield another 2-3 playthroughs, before I'm done with it. Uncharted 2 still sits unfinished in my PS3. The Walking Dead, Alan Wake Americas Nightmare are waiting to be finished.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123