Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Bioshock
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Space 2
    Jak and Daxter HD collection

Those are my suggestions

vCash
    Uncharted series, Gran Turismo, NBA 2k13, Batman Arkham City, and Far Cry 3. Those are some suggestions just depends on what genre you prefer.
    PSN: Celtics1080 | Twitter: @BostonRoundball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Stop hating Black Ops 2 was actually done well.
    Look closer at the picture.

Look at the poster.

1+1=????

vCash
    If youre looking for something thats very easy to play with a very good story i would say Heavy Rain and Walking Dead...those are my kinda games. It depends what type of games you like...if your a big action guy they might not appeal to you as its alot of talking (you are involved though in the conversations picking answers) But if you're looking for a game where you will actually feel emotional about the characters in it, it doesnt get any better than those two. I had alot of rage towards Walking Dead for a little while because of a save glitch (which has been fixed) but ive gotten over it.

vCash
    This is an easy answer for me... only 4 games come to mind, but they fit your description perfectly

1 - Fallout 3

2 - Fallout: New Vegas

3 - Boarderlands

4 - Boarderlands 2

I would especially recommend the fallout series. You can put tons of hours into it. It has a crazy and wild world (especially new vegas) and it isnt a realistic shooter. You can use Vats to aim, side arm, or look down an iron sight (iron sight is in new vegas only).

and best of all they are cheap now. Both games are under 10 dollars and the fallout 3 game of the year edition is under 20.

Everyone knows boarderlands, so you know whats up there.
    Last edited by ombada; 12-05-2012 at 12:08 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    This is an easy answer for me... only 4 games come to mind, but they fit your description perfectly

1 - Fallout 3

2 - Fallout: New Vegas

3 - Boarderlands

4 - Boarderlands 2

I would especially recommend the fallout series. You can put tons of hours into it. It has a crazy and wild world (especially new vegas) and it isnt a realistic shooter. You can use Vats to aim, side arm, or look down an iron sight (iron sight is in new vegas only).

and best of all they are cheap now. Both games are under 10 dollars and the fallout 3 game of the year edition is under 20.

Everyone knows boarderlands, so you know whats up there.
    Can someone explain what the hell you do after you exit the vault underground or whatever it is you are as a child I go to this city made of metal scrap they tell me I can go to 5 different places but I got to walk there plus I barely have any weapon to defend myself (bat and bb gun) and the enemys I face are like bandit or mutated creatures that kick my *** and I can do like any stealth. In the end I quit in frustrating because I keep dying over and over.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    Can someone explain what the hell you do after you exit the vault underground or whatever it is you are as a child I go to this city made of metal scrap they tell me I can go to 5 different places but I got to walk there plus I barely have any weapon to defend myself (bat and bb gun) and the enemys I face are like bandit or mutated creatures that kick my *** and I can do like any stealth. In the end I quit in frustrating because I keep dying over and over.

scrap the BB gun, its worthless.

OK, what you need to do is look around megaton for better weapons and probably some better armor. Or if you kill a bandit take his armor and equip it immediately. Use your lockpick skill to open some lockers or check around for safes (*cough* Moriartys saloon *cough*)

More likely than not your attributes arent set up right for an easy go of things early in the game. The easiest route is to pump up (tag) small guns, repair and lockpick or speech. Science helps for hacking computers, but usually hacking computers gets you into locked doors or safes, so a high lockpick will do the same, however science is also good for energy weapons. You should also consider your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. If you went small guns, you might want to up your perception (allows you to detect enemies from farther off) If you went with speech, you definitely need good charisma (speech checks will get you things you wouldnt normally be able to get and also finish some quests with ease.) if you went with either melee or unarmed you should up your stregth and endurance. Endurance on a whole is a great stat to have a lot of. Agility is useful for sneaking around, but you wont need it too much. So for a light guns build with a secondary in melee here are some good stats.

S - 6. P - 7. E - 6. C - 5. I - 4. A - 3. L - 4.

You need to check around Megaton for other cities. There are some places that are very close that you can get some easy XP at. If you go directly North you will be in springvale. If you head southwest youll hit Grayditch (beware of fire ants)

but the real answer is you can go anywhere and do anything. If you want to just wander the wastelands until you level up, looting bodies as you go along, you can do that. You can wander for hours upon hours and stretch your game out into the 60-100 hour mark... or if you want to focus on just the storyline you can do that too, youll be done in about 12-14 hours probably.
    Last edited by ombada; 12-05-2012 at 05:25 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Uncharted Series (2nd and 3rd are amazing, IMO)
    God of War 3
    Metal Gear Solid 4 (Amazing and worthwhile, very cheap)
    Batman Arkham Asylum/City (Both are fun games)
    Mass Effect 2 and 3 (not really a realistic war game)
    Dead Space

There are a lot of games. These are some of the main ones and some of my favorites.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash

scrap the BB gun, its worthless.

OK, what you need to do is look around megaton for better weapons and probably some better armor. Or if you kill a bandit take his armor and equip it immediately. Use your lockpick skill to open some lockers or check around for safes (*cough* Moriartys saloon *cough*)

More likely than not your attributes arent set up right for an easy go of things early in the game. The easiest route is to pump up (tag) small guns, repair and lockpick or speech. Science helps for hacking computers, but usually hacking computers gets you into locked doors or safes, so a high lockpick will do the same, however science is also good for energy weapons. You should also consider your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. If you went small guns, you might want to up your perception (allows you to detect enemies from farther off) If you went with speech, you definitely need good charisma (speech checks will get you things you wouldnt normally be able to get and also finish some quests with ease.) if you went with either melee or unarmed you should up your stregth and endurance. Endurance on a whole is a great stat to have a lot of. Agility is useful for sneaking around, but you wont need it too much. So for a light guns build with a secondary in melee here are some good stats.

S - 6. P - 7. E - 6. C - 5. I - 4. A - 3. L - 4.

You need to check around Megaton for other cities. There are some places that are very close that you can get some easy XP at. If you go directly North you will be in springvale. If you head southwest youll hit Grayditch (beware of fire ants)

but the real answer is you can go anywhere and do anything. If you want to just wander the wastelands until you level up, looting bodies as you go along, you can do that. You can wander for hours upon hours and stretch your game out into the 60-100 hour mark... or if you want to focus on just the storyline you can do that too, youll be done in about 12-14 hours probably.
    You have to go speech focused. Opens up so many more possibilities in the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    I did that for fallout 3 and my first 3 or so playthroughs of New Vegas. (I like New Vegas a lot more) But yeah, i agree. Its one of the best abilities in the game to beef up. That last battle in New Vegas with 100 speech changes the way it plays, and the outcome of the game.

but some will complain that it makes the game too easy, or shortens toe experience (it helps with a crapload of side quests) I know some people who play through the game without using VATS just because they want a more difficult experience. This is doable on New Vegas with the iron sights, bot on 3 that sounds ridiculous.

vCash
    I did that for fallout 3 and my first 3 or so playthroughs of New Vegas. (I like New Vegas a lot more) But yeah, i agree. Its one of the best abilities in the game to beef up. That last battle in New Vegas with 100 speech changes the way it plays, and the outcome of the game.

but some will complain that it makes the game too easy, or shortens toe experience (it helps with a crapload of side quests) I know some people who play through the game without using VATS just because they want a more difficult experience. This is doable on New Vegas with the iron sights, bot on 3 that sounds ridiculous.
    Yeah the gameplay in 3 and NV dont lead themselves well to NOT using VATS. Gameplay just isn't smooth enough IMO. Using vats is a better experience.

It's not really the strength of the game anyways. It's more exploration and immersion than polished gameplay.

vCash
    I agree. Speech and Barter are always what i max out first. I can't wait for a new Fallout because i played the piss out of New Vegas and Fallout3.

vCash
    It's not really the strength of the game anyways. It's more exploration and immersion than polished gameplay.
    You really sum it up here. I almost feel like the vats could've been a last minute insert because it would be too choppy without it. Imagine if they made a Fallout with somewhat decent combat?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    You really sum it up here. I almost feel like the vats could've been a last minute insert because it would be too choppy without it. Imagine if they made a Fallout with somewhat decent combat?
    Agreed. What I dont get is why can't someone make a MMO using that type of world in a FPS format with just better combat and some different ideas. Have a entirely player run economy, have NO leveling system just a gear system and when you die you lose everything and take everything off the players corpse.

Oh and completely open PvP, can get ganked anywhere.

**** would be chaos

This is the type of MMO I yearn for. Hate the genre the way it is now.

vCash
    Yeah the gameplay in 3 and NV dont lead themselves well to NOT using VATS. Gameplay just isn't smooth enough IMO. Using vats is a better experience.

Uhm what a surprise that Bethesda can't create decent gameplay, they try since Daggerfall and fail in every iteration. Honestly never could get over the bad fighting in Elder Scrolls games. Fallout 3 with VATS is ok. If you want fallout with good gameplay 1+2 will do that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast