Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Give me your best PS3 game suggestion!

Ok, so I figured I definitely needed a thread all to myself on this.

I play my PS3 occasionally but I'm looking to pick up a game to play over Christmas (and beyond as well). I am just looking for some suggestions. I'm not looking for a sports game, final fantasy type crap, or a realistic war game like Call of Duty. I loved Bioshock and would definitely be interested in something along those lines. Bizarre worlds or anything unique in any way. Doesn't have to be exactly that though. Maybe Assassin's Creed III? Or is there some other great game that is unique and not completely insanely difficult?

Basically I am just out of the loop with video games and I am wondering what could be a good option for someone like me. Any thoughts? Thanks for any suggestions!
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Have you played the Uncharted Series? That series is amazing. Dishonored could be another game you may be interested in. I really liked it and the world reminded me of Bioshock. How about the Rachet and Clank series? You can get the HD collection which included the first 3 games in HD. Also the ICO and Shadow of Colussus Collection is a great collection of 2 games. The God of War series is amazing as well. The God of War Saga is a collection of all 5 games and has been pretty cheap lately. The last game I'll recommend is Catherine. It's a really unique and fun game that has a lot of choices in it and has multiple endings.

vCash
    Dark Souls

vCash
    Uncharted 1,2, and 3 and Heavy Rain. The other exclusive are hit or miss.

vCash

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Dark Souls
    Personally hated this game lol but was going to mention it and Dragon Age I or DAII
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Gran Turismo.

vCash
    Dead space 2 or dantes inferno?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagocubsfan View Post
    Have you played the Uncharted Series? That series is amazing. Dishonored could be another game you may be interested in. I really liked it and the world reminded me of Bioshock. How about the Rachet and Clank series? You can get the HD collection which included the first 3 games in HD. Also the ICO and Shadow of Colussus Collection is a great collection of 2 games. The God of War series is amazing as well. The God of War Saga is a collection of all 5 games and has been pretty cheap lately. The last game I'll recommend is Catherine. It's a really unique and fun game that has a lot of choices in it and has multiple endings.
    Is the Ratchet and Clank series this? If I understand correctly, they took PS2 games and converted them to PS3. Is that right? And if so, are the graphics PS3 caliber?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'm going to check them out and see what sounds good!

EDIT: Also, I have played Uncharted before. I liked those games pretty well!
    Last edited by hoggin88; 12-04-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Uncharted 1,2, and 3 and Heavy Rain. The other exclusive are hit or miss.
    Wouldn't touch Uncharted 1 with a stick again, just be sure to play it on easy to spare you a lot of frustrating gun play.... Only had a short look into 2 but it seems to be way better.

Else I would recommend Heavy Rain and I had a lot of fun in little big planet 2 with a friend. If you like hack''n'Slash you can't do much wrong with God of War collection and 3.

The old HD collections are nice if you're into the games.

Not an exclusive, but XCOM: Enemy Unknown is probably my Game of the Year. Round based Strategy/Tactic to perfection.

vCash
    A bit older, but Just Cause 2 is probably my game to go to when I just want to have fun. It's a free roam game like GTA, but the map is HUGE and there are many more things to do. You aren't limited to completeing the story one way since there are a massive amount of side missions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Personally hated this game lol but was going to mention it and Dragon Age I or DAII
    DA:O is solid, not a fan of 2. Liked Dark Souls because of the challenge.

If you dont like a challenge I've got the perfect game for you.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...0460cef698.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    Is the Ratchet and Clank series this? If I understand correctly, they took PS2 games and converted them to PS3. Is that right? And if so, are the graphics PS3 caliber?

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'm going to check them out and see what sounds good!

EDIT: Also, I have played Uncharted before. I liked those games pretty well!
    Yeah that's the Ratchet and Clank Collection. It's not the best graphics ever, but they look pretty damn good for a PS2 game. And this is the God of War Saga. http://www.amazon.com/God-War-Saga-C.../dp/B008CP6MA2 It includes all 5 games.

vCash
    Get the whole MGS series for 50 dollars. Buy MGS1 10 at the store buy the collection for 30 and the MGS4 10. MG and MG2 are included in one of them I think it the collection.

Introducing the Eagles O-Line

vCash
    Don't touch the last 2 Ratchet and Clank games. All for One was just bad IMO and Full Frontal Assault is a tower defense game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    DA:O is solid, not a fan of 2. Liked Dark Souls because of the challenge.

If you dont like a challenge I've got the perfect game for you.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...0460cef698.png
    Stop hating Black Ops 2 was actually done well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast