Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Jrue Holiday in the MVP race

2012 allstar

vCash
    Well not really, bu All-Star race, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Well not really, bu All-Star race, though.
    Hes listed as 9th
    i dont think we will good enough for him to win it let alone him acutally pulling it off but its nice to see the league taking him srsly.

2012 allstar

vCash
    They do point out the one thing that kinda separates him from the pack as pg's:

Even on nights that he has high scoring totals he has big assist numbers too.

He's creating for himself and others. How many PG's are doing that?
    Coulson Lives

vCash

He really having an awesome year. It's awesome to finally have one of those PGs that can approach 20/10 on a nightly basis.

As for being a legitimate MVP candidate... Dirk, Love, Rose, Nash possibly, and of course Bynum all pretty much missing the whole year so far also probably have a lot to do with him being 9th on the list at this point. But I can definitely see him remaining in the top 10-15 discussion as the year goes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    Hes listed as 9th
    i dont think we will good enough for him to win it let alone him acutally pulling it off but its nice to see the league taking him srsly.
    I meant that the article is silly, not that he isn't in it. He's not an MVP contender.

vCash

Theres only 2 or 3 mvp contenders right now. So making a top 10 list u gotta include guys who dont really have a shot.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They do point out the one thing that kinda separates him from the pack as pg's:

Even on nights that he has high scoring totals he has big assist numbers too.

He's creating for himself and others. How many PG's are doing that?
    Deron, Paul, Parker, Westbrook and they all have the ability to score at a similar clip to Jrue while turning it over less. The PG position is stacked since this is even exclusive of Rose, Kyrie and Lowry. What set's Jrue aside is his D however. Among those PGs only Westbrook, Paul, Lowry and a healthy Rose can come compare on the defensive end.

It's good to see Jrue in here however. He is playing good ball and deserves credit for it. He's going to continue to improve and once he does so too will the 76ers.

vCash
    D-Will is shooting around 40% and he hasnt been a super star player since he left Utah. Parker has never really been a high volume assist guy either. If Lowery stays healthy I do expect him to have similar numbers to Jrue

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    D-Will is shooting around 40% and he hasnt been a super star player since he left Utah. Parker has never really been a high volume assist guy either. If Lowery stays healthy I do expect him to have similar numbers to Jrue
    Do you remember what DWill did to us when NJ visited Philly for the 2nd time last season? Deron has been shooting poorly no doubt and his D has also fallen off but I believe he's still a high quality player and is every bit the scorer and passer that Jrue is. DWill has had horrible shot selection over the past 2-3 years and he seems not to be getting the idea. Parker is solid defensively is a better scorer than Jrue and is just about as good a passer as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with comparing them to Jrue at this moment since they are more proven in both regards than Jrue is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Do you remember what DWill did to us when NJ visited Philly for the 2nd time last season? Deron has been shooting poorly no doubt and his D has also fallen off but I believe he's still a high quality player and is every bit the scorer and passer that Jrue is. DWill has had horrible shot selection over the past 2-3 years and he seems not to be getting the idea. Parker is solid defensively is a better scorer than Jrue and is just about as good a passer as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with comparing them to Jrue at this moment since they are more proven in both regards than Jrue is.
    I agree. Going off this year so far mostly. I loved DWill in Utah, obviously learned to hate him in NJ but he has been far from impressive since his arrival there. I love Parker and think he is underrated. Great scorer, great in PnR too. Obviously someone like Jrue will not get the proper recognition until he can sustain this type of play for 2-3 years in a row.

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 78 Yards: 1,207 TD: 10

vCash
    I hope He doesn't get high headed with all the praise he's getting. What a terrible ****ing effort by him tonight. He is the KEY to our success. He needs to always be on point, his defense was terrrible. Barea was driving by him, wtfff

Props to NoFunLeague

vCash
    i like Jrue as much as the next sixers fan, but this topic deserves a spot on espn's c'mon man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215 View Post
    i like Jrue as much as the next sixers fan, but this topic deserves a spot on espn's c'mon man
    lolol... this!

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Haven't i already stated he has no chance of winning and that its just a good sign to see him on the list?

2012 allstar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast