Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Freeman, Bennett and Williams

What are Freeman, Bennett, and Williams worth to you guys. I know the Bucs have cap room but what is a realistic avg. cap figures to you guys. Hopefully they get rid of Wright and get black to either reduce his salary or cut him.
    Freeman hopefully we can get him 10-12 million over 5-6 years.
    Bennett to me is 6-8 million guy, 4-5 years.
    Williams is hard for me to figure out because to me he is worth #2 money 5-6 million a year over 4-5 years. I think he will command more than that thou.
    Would love to hear your guys thoughts and opinions.

vCash
    We literally just got Eric Wright, and on a bad contract. Where do you think he is going to go? Cause I can tell you he is going nowhere. Sorry to rain on your parade. But Wright will be he for a few years barring some catastrophe. I doubt Quincy Black is reducing his contract or even getting cut. Plus are cap room is not hurting so it's not like we are desperate to make those moves.

I agree, I don't think Eric Wright is worth his money right now. But he won't be leaving anytime soon with that contract.

vCash
    We can cut Wright and not pay him another cent due to his suspension. Schefter reported it a few weeks ago, we can void his deal of all guaranteed money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    We can cut Wright and not pay him another cent due to his suspension. Schefter reported it a few weeks ago, we can void his deal of all guaranteed money.
    You need to link that, I've never heard of that on a long term deal
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    You need to link that, I've never heard of that on a long term deal
    I don't have a link, but I heard that as well.

vCash
    By being suspended four games this season, the guaranteed money in Bucs CB Eric Wright’s contract for next season is now null and void.
    Eric Wright will lose $1.7 million this season and he is scheduled to make $7.75 million next season. Suspension could cost him $9.45 mil.
    Link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quikdraw View Post
    Swagggggggggggg
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Hate to say it but that bastard Dom struck again. Glad that's in his deal

vCash
    That's why I said that anyways does anyone actually have any thoughts on the main three guys that are going to need extensions???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldavid3169 View Post
    That's why I said that anyways does anyone actually have any thoughts on the main three guys that are going to need extensions???
    Do not resign freeman, wait to tag him, Bennett I personally say no, mike you have too. Maybe a James jones type deal for a James jones type performer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldavid3169 View Post
    Freeman - I think it would be best to wait until the end of next year before he is offered a long term deal. This is a situation that could set our franchise back a few years or set us forward so it's important to not rush the process. I trust that Schiano and Dom will make the right decision whenever it needs to be made.

Bennett - I'll think he'll be priority number one for the Bucs this offseason, especially after his big game yesterday. I think you're right about what kind of money he will get. 6-8 million for 5 or 6 years sounds about right. He's outstanding against the run and should be a good bet for 8+ sacks every year.

Williams - I'm glad he's under contract through the end on next season because I'm really not sure what's going to happen with Williams. I would imagine that both sides want to work out a long term deal, but I could see this being a scenario where a WR needy team could offer him a lot more money in hopes that he could be a #1 wideout. I hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    WOW! That's an easy way for Dom to get out of a contract,He may feel he made a mistake on. Put a little ban substance in the water bottle,A short time later mistake all gone. Not accusing just saying.

vCash
    ^^^^I feel the exact opposite, which hardly ever happens. I think with Freeman they have seen enough to make a decision. I think he will be signed this offseason you don't want that hanging over the club next year. 5-6 50-60 mil would be a fair deal for both sides. I think it gets done early, before FA.

Mike's could take longer but I think it get's done this offseason too. He is too important to this team. Him and Vincent are a force and Mike should continue to get better for the next couple years. You throw in an underneath guy like a Tavon Austin, It would be extremely tough to guard our guys. Too big fast freaks of nature on the outside and a speedy little slot guy with a decent TE and Martin standing next to 5 in a shotgun with our healthy OLine....wow that is pretty boss.

^^^with both of these guys, buy low. Get them now and you wont be paying the money you will after they put up big numbers again next season.

Still unsure what Dom will do with Bennett. He is worth the money but is their a better option for the same amount? There could be, I think he's good against the run, decent against the pass but a little overrated against it. He can be taken completely out of games at times. I think a major bargaining chip with him is his brother. They are both FAs after this year and I think there is a good chance they sign with the same team, they seem inclined to pull a package deal. The way Martellus is playing right now that could be a good thing, he would be an upgrade over Dallas and solidify the position here, not sure what kind of money he wants but that 2.5 hes making with NYG aint bad.

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    5. Ego Ferguson DT LSU
    5. Marquis Spruill LB Syracuse
    6. Russell Bodine G/C North Carolina

vCash
    Guys come on we need Bennett he's the only one who sniffs the QB, out of him, Bowers, and Clayborn he is the best. What are we gonna do HOPE Bowers and Clayborn stay healthy, Bowers has a injury history which we all know of and Clayborn going down in his 2nd year scares the hell out of me. As for Williams yeah we gotta get him back he's damn good and I'm all aboard with the idea of drafting Tavon Austin, I know we need a corner but could you imagine a VJAX being number 1, MW19 as number 2, and Austin in the slot that very well could give us the best trio in football. And he'll help out with our kickoffs.

vCash
    I respectably disagree. I would say that Clayborn is by far the best DE on our team. Before he had the freak accident on his knee, he was playing pro-bowl quality defense. It may take awhile for him to be healed, but once he's back to 100%, my bet's on him.
    Last edited by ballchamp70; 12-10-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Ready to Shock the World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast