Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are the Giants and Packers becoming rivals?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 54.55%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Undecided

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Are the Packers and Giants becomming a rivalry?

Simple question. I'm having an argument with a fellow Giants fan on Facebook who I have a mutual dislike for cuz I used to slap him around at community college so now he continues to carry a grudge.

He says these teams aren't rivals and if the.Giants are out of the playoffs he roots for the Packers so how can they be rivals if he can root for them. His gf is a Packers fan which I told him makes him bias and he called me an ignorant *******.

Just want to see what REAL Giants fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    My argument is the big games between the teams over the past 5 or so years, the media and fan hype as well as the trash talk. He says my logic is terrible.

The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    the media will embrace the E. Manning Vs. Rodgers like they do with P. Manning Vs. Brady
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

Gimme MORE of that BAZE D'andummy!

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    ^ Agreed.

In my honest opinion, the only true rivals we have are the Skins, Cowboys and Iggles. Rivalries can develop and dissipate with different eras, but I honestly don't consider GB a true rival.

vCash
    Hmmm....close but not quite would be my answer. There might be something brewing though if we meet in the playoffs again this year. It's close. 2 classic franchises.

But really our rivalries are in the division, the Jets, the Patriots and the Niners which was big in the 80's-90's and now has revived.

vCash
    I think it's developing. I look forward to playing the Packers like I look forward to playing the Cowboys. Hate both. I think it's just a trend that we've been playing them so often, though.

Huge games every time we play them. Eli always brings his A Game vs. them.

vCash
    I would of loved to see you slap around people smaller than you because I always enjoyed slapping people like you around

vCash
    To answer the topic, I can definitely see it happening. Two QB's in their prime, 7 years left or so for each barring injuries. Similar to Brady and Peyton.

vCash
    I wouldn't consider it a rivalry at this point.

vCash
    I dont think so. There are only two teams I genuinely dislike and thats the Cowboys and Eagles.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I would say Giants/49ers is more of a rivalry than Giants/Packers. The Giants are just a team the Packers can't beat,same goes for the Patriots. Even the game GB beat the Giants last year they needed help from the refs. Here are the reasons I thinks Giants/49ers is a rivalry.

•The missed call by the refs at the end of the game that resulted in the 49ers knocking the Giants out of the playoffs!

•Giants get redemption last year by ruining 49ers chances of winning a Super Bowl!

•Giants/49ers is a rugged smash-mouth type of game,every time.

•49ers sign Jacobs and Manningham away from Giants.

•Giants are public enemy #1 in SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I would of loved to see you slap around people smaller than you because I always enjoyed slapping people like you around
    Where did I ever say he was smaller than me and what did I do that you always have snide remarks for me?

The kid was a class A douche, always trying to come up with wise crack comments so I let him know the deal and he didn't like the results. The fact that you don't know me and are trying to portray me as a bully is hilarious when you are more of a bully to your fellow Giants fans calling them "idiots" when they make borderline dumb comments.

People on this board say things I disagree with all the time and I'm sure others disagree as well, but nobody but you ever chastises them for it by calling them names.

But thank you for actually doing what I wanted and answering the question after you had to throw in your tough guy 2 cents.

gooood caaaall

vCash
    The nfc version of what was the colts vs pats
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Lololololololololol

This is the man you choose represent PWW and fight me for my PWW title?!?!?!

This is going to be my easiest PWW match EVER!!!!

I can't stop laughing at the thought of you making up your mind and deciding that Mbellz being your choice.

This is going to be a piece of cake.

12 - 15 - 13 The Day Mbellz killed the IWC and became The PWW Champion of The World

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbellz3o8 View Post
    The nfc version of what was the colts vs pats
    I like the comparison

gooood caaaall

vCash
    It's becoming a rivalry...we might not play them enough for it to be a consistent rivalry though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast