Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Marlins looking to trade Escobar? (Rays, Athletics in play)

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com report that the Rays are in discussions with the Marlins regarding Yunel Escobar.

The Rays would make Escobar their regular shortstop and use Ben Zobrist at second base. Rosenthal says the A's also "could be in play" for Escobar. The 30-year-old is signed for just $5 million in 2013 and has $5 million club options for 2014 and 2015, but he's coming off a year where he batted only .253/.300/.344.
    rotoworld

Ken Rosentha@Ken_Rosenthal
    Sources: #Rays pursuing #Marlins’ Escobar to be everyday shortstop. #Athletics also could be in play.
    well he does make more than the mlb minimum so I guess it makes sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    rotoworld

well he does make more than the mlb minimum so I guess it makes sense

The Marlins are pathetic but they did acquire Hechevarria in that deal so i am sure they will look to go to the younger guy to play SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Marlins are pathetic but they did acquire Hechevarria in that deal so i am sure they will look to go to the younger guy to play SS.
    yup, and he would have a terrible bat for a 3rd baseman were they were planning to play him
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    if you can get decent prospects out him, no reason to hold on to him

vCash
    Marlins are my 2013 surprise pick.

vCash
    ugh

SOON

vCash
    Being a part of the few Marlin fans here on PSD, I must say that words cannot describe how piss-poor this management has been just in the past year. Once Stanton leaves or gets traded for a "package" of prospects which will end up being busts (Miguel Cabrera says hi), this team will get moved leaving the tax payer financed new beautiful stadium to rot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Being a part of the few Marlin fans here on PSD, I must say that words cannot describe how piss-poor this management has been just in the past year. Once Stanton leaves or gets traded for a "package" of prospects which will end up being busts (Miguel Cabrera says hi), this team will get moved leaving the tax payer financed new beautiful stadium to rot.
    yea must be rough after winning two world series. the marlins appraoch is totally flawed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    yea must be rough after winning two world series. the marlins appraoch is totally flawed
    We have done nothing since winning the last World Series to my recollection. At least some of these horrid teams have a bright future unlike the Marlins currently.

vCash
    We have done nothing since winning the last World Series to my recollection. At least some of these horrid teams have a bright future unlike the Marlins currently.
    Now you know how Toronto has felt in every sport for a very long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    That can change this year

vCash
    And (half of) New York.

vCash
    You don't have anything to complain about. At least you don't live in Cleveland

The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

vCash

And yet it could be a lot worse. I'm sure the pirates or royals would like to have one of those rings. If the marlins weren't going to win with the players they had, why not made the deals and build up the farm system again? The marlins may have had some bad teams, but more often than not they were competitive within the division using their own young talent. That strategy worked and they should try to get back to that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    when was the last time they made the playoffs? almost ten years ago at this point right?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast