Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How good would RG3 be if he was in a normal offense?

I am so pumped about the Redskins W today. But today's game has made it clear to me that if RG3 stays playing in this style of offense, he will not last very long in the NFL. Steve Young is so right. I mean the dude gets layed out all the time. I think eventually Shanahan is gonna have no choice but to change the style of offense. RG3 simply cannot survive taking all these hits.

So assuming that in the next year or 2, they change the offense to make RG3 more of a pocket passer, how good do you think he will be? Do you think he will still have elite potential. Obviously he won't be as much of a hassle to defenses, but he can still be hella good.

I love the style of offense the Redskins run, but bottom line is eventually we're gonna have to change it. But I still think RG3 is good enough of a pocket passer to lead the Redskins to eventual Super Bowl title's. I mean he would basically be an elite passer with the ability to tear defenses up running it WHEN NECESSARY. And he is terrific throwing outside the pocket as well.

So what do you guys think? And when do you think Shanahan will make that change? cuz I think its inevitable.

Oh and what do you think of RG3's injury today? It looked real ugly. You think he will be back and at or close to 100% next week. God I hope so

His ability to throw the football from different angles platforms and foot positions is second to only Aaron Rodgers.

He just has to get the rest of it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Having 4 All Pros on offense=fairy tale.
    Having a look in your eye=key to NFL success.

When you get a player like RG3 you plan the offense around him as long as it works.

In his rookie year? Not nearly as good. I think eventually he'll be able to run any offense in the NFL. But the system really has helped his efficiency and prevented him from being put in positions where he has to make huge plays...thus avoiding turnovers.

But he's got all the tools in the world, and the system is working so who cares?
    this my sig

Trade RG III for three to four picks. Sorry Cousin carried the team today.

Quote Originally Posted by ajamesmd View Post
    Trade RG III for three to four picks. Sorry Cousin carried the team today.
    This.

Hell, they should probably just cut him.
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 12-09-2012 at 07:03 PM.

give cousins to the raiders for a 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    No way, he is taking the Skins to the superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    I wish GB just would have drafted him in hte first place.

RG3 sucks. Go Cousins!

RG3 doesn't need to be in a "normal" offense, he needs to learn when to take hits and when to avoid them. Newton is 4 inches taller, and 30ish lbs heavier than him (LB size) and even he doesn't take hits unless it's for a necessary first down.

RG3 needs to have bootlegs and options in his offense to succeed (at least at this point in his career), but on down the road he just needs to have room to move in the pocket.

In a normal offense he has the potential to be an even better 2010 Michael Vick. The kind of QB who's such a good runner that he doesn't even have to run to scare you. Just the mere possibility scares defenses into submission. Combine that fear factor with Griffin's intelligence and throwing ability and you have a legit MVP candidate pretty much every year barring injury.
    POOP

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    In a normal offense he has the potential to be an even better 2010 Michael Vick. The kind of QB who's such a good runner that he doesn't even have to run to scare you. Just the mere possibility scares defenses into submission. Combine that fear factor with Griffin's intelligence and throwing ability and you have a legit MVP candidate pretty much every year barring injury.
    I think he could be an even better Aaron Rodgers if you can even grasp that possibility.

So you mean a Favre?

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Needs to learn how to slide
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017)

HOLY ****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast