Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Can we retain him after this year?

hes on a dirt cheap 400k+ 1 year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so that brings an interesting question if he's 14th or 15th what happens when Amare and Iman return?

Actually if he's the 13th player he still won't suit up.

so much for copesanity.........guy probably won't even dress.
    I disagree Still. I think Copeland will be the surprise player of the Knicks. Just think about it for a minute. In pre season Copeland was scoring 20 or more points. In his first game with significant minutes in the first half he was very productive. This kid done have any fear to score, he can rebound and create his own offense in the paint. He didn't expect to play and when he was called he did his thing. That is alot to ask of a rookie who dont get any burn at all except for garbage time.

I think Woody will take a closer look at Cope and hopefully he will get more minutes to show the deserves to be a good back up.

vCash
    his numbers in the preseason was padded by all the pick n roll plays going to the basket. when he has the ball in his hands trying to create one on one he turned the ball over and looked very much average.

vCash
    He will be a good role player for us. As mentiones when all players fit and available theres not ebough minutes for him

England's Number 1 Knick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTINEAST View Post
    his numbers in the preseason was padded by all the pick n roll plays going to the basket. when he has the ball in his hands trying to create one on one he turned the ball over and looked very much average.
    He put the ball on the floor and drove nicely vs. the Suns. Also displayed a mini hook.

Woody seems intent on getting Cope some experience. Always riding him hard in practice. He won't get tons of PT; however, I suspect he is now ahead of both Camby and Thomas.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    ok just watched some of his highlights against the Suns. he looked impressive. I don't put too much weight on his offense though, i want to see more of him crashing the boards and playing good D. we don't need another 4 that gets pushed around under the basket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    I didn't know Copeland was Asian.

vCash
    Copes a good player off the bench nothing more. He's solid though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankstheknicks View Post
    Oh hell no.... I like him but hes kinda got a sloppy game ... when he has the ball hes kinda all over the place ... and it just looks sloppy and kinda funny ... but he has no nba swagger in him what so ever... soooo.....a good trade piece ...yes...good for keeps...no..
    Its the hair dude. The hair makes it look that way, same for Varejao.

vCash
    The way he took Beasely on his red wagon was phenomenal... That's a former lottery pick getting schooled.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    No. Linsanity was a once in a life time craze. Cope can be a rotational player and thats all we really need of him, if that. These old guys are going to get banged up and he will get key minutes at some point this season. Got to love our depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    No. Linsanity was a once in a life time craze. Cope can be a rotational player and thats all we really need of him, if that. These old guys are going to get banged up and he will get key minutes at some point this season. Got to love our depth.
    I agree Manning but something tells me Copeland will be better than we expect this season. If Woody gives him more minutes in future games he will be more confident and produce better on a consistant basis.

vCash
    We gotta keep this kid under wraps until the playoffs. Can't let em scout him too much.

Hustle with the Muscle.

In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNEBO View Post
    We gotta keep this kid under wraps until the playoffs. Can't let em scout him too much.

Hustle with the Muscle.
    Waynebo it might be too late. I think we will see more of Copeland and he will get better as he get more minutes. Remember we have alot of vets who are playing well but they will need to rest more and Copeland will fit right in. I see him getting more minutes as we sit the Sr's on the bench for much needed rest.

vCash
    I think its clear that Woodson likes this kid and sees something in him in practice.

Some of us didnt want him on the roster because we had enough players on the roster plus he's 28 years old.

But he can play, he has a nice offensive game, he can rebound and block a few shots. He has to be doing really well in practice for woodson to be putting him in early in games.
    He looked nervious in the bucks game, but that is to be expected. He was very impressive in the suns game.

He wont be Lin but he can be an important contributer the way Novak was last year but in a different way.

I think the only way he earns minutes is if he can play the four and be able to play defense. We have too many guys that are going to see minutes at the three (Melo, Novak, Brewer, JR, Shumpert when he comes back).
    Right now with Kidd out, I wouldnt mind playing him with Melo instead of Thomas. If he proves he can defend at the 4 position, I wouldnt mind giving him Rasheed's minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast