Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    It isn't all Ponders fault,,,that if for sure,,,I really put him under the microscope this game and Ponder is still underperforming but there is so much more that is wrong with our passing game than our QB. He has lost all confidence thats for sure, his planting of his feet when he is flustered is terrible.
    Here is what Ponder's whole situation comes down to for me. We could pick it to death for a list of things that he's not doing right, but here's what I think is breaking his back right now and could make him at least a starting caliber QB once he gets it figure out (if he does).

What it comes down to is he's executing incorrectly on his throws. In all three of his latest INTs (including the game killers in GB) Ponder found himself in a situation where he decided to throw the pass. I'm going to agree with his decision making on all three of them. All three times he found open Vikings receivers (which is a rarity in itself) and like VCU has been saying earlier, when a QB finds himself in this kind of situation, he's not supposed to look for a guy who's more open, he's not even supposed to wonder "Is this guy open enough?" its just supposed to be OPEN RECEIVER-THROW THE BALL. In two of these three passes, if the ball was thrown right, he would have scored a TD. What happened in all three of these situations is that he did not make the correct throw to actually get a good play. Also if I'm not mistaken he was running on two of these three plays and didn't set his feet.

I don't buy for a second that his arm isn't strong enough either, because he's made those passes before. That was a really well thrown pass he had to Aromashodu (who was interfered with by the way) who just didn't come down with it. The player who threw that pass to Aromashodu WAS capable of making the pass to Wright which was intercepted. He didn't make it because he did not make the correct throw. The pass to Rudolph in Green Bay that was picked off, it could have been set up the same way as his TD pass to Rudolph (which wasn't very long but was an absolute LASER), it wasn't and ended up an INT. This is what's killing him right now, he fixes that he can keep being as skittish as he wants to be and all the other little things, two of his last three INTs are TDs and his passing has just won two games.

Its disturbing to see this kind of mistake in a guy who has as many starts/snaps as Ponder, but this is something that's very coachable and shouldn't be too hard to correct (depending of course on Ponder).

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Uploaded for your viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z5YUX5LdRGY
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney85 View Post
    hes a poor mans rondo... thats his ceiling... he will never be a top 5 pg in this league .... EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scion52 View Post
    Everson Griffin is noticeably starting to improve. He will be a beast in the near future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Everson Griffin is noticeably starting to improve. He will be a beast in the near future.
    I liked how he took the snap from the DT spot and was able to successfully collapse to pocket. If he can do that on a consistant basis you would have to wonder if he could potentially replace K Will at the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I feel most sorry for Aromashodon't out of all of our WRs (not just because his last name is the easiest to make fun of, sorry devin). He's made some mistakes too but on two passes over the past two weeks that he could have come down with he was getting mugged. Was much worse in Green Bay but today he had a defender tugging him down as he was trying to reel that in. Aromashodu is probably pound for pound the best WR we have left on this team and that scares the hell out of me.

We have Jenkins who's got the best hands (that doesn't much) but can't run to safe his life, and then we have Simpson who's gifted but runs poor routes and has the tendency to drop balls. I REALLY want to see Aromashodu get more snaps, probably at the expense of Simpson, and see Jenkins relegated to shorter route packages. Jenkins had a pretty nice play on an in route today for a first down, if we tried to use him more on stuff like that, and less on running deep down the field with a DB speed-walking next to him, we could have a more successful passing game.
    This.

I've been saying he's a Devon Bess type guy, look what he's done this year with Tannehill. I belive Burton and Simpson will be gone this year. It'll leave us Harvin, Wright, Jenkins, Aromashodu, and give us a couple spots to bring in New talent. Probably a 1st or 2nd round rookie.

I also agree with Matt Moore. He didn't do to bad in Miami last year and he's actually one of the only guys I'd want out of who we could reasonably get. We need to make this change otherwise were pissing away a lot of talent.

vCash
    "but this is something that's very coachable and shouldn't be too hard to correct "

I think you are absolutely right. Also, for a guy not to progress is one thing -- but to regress is another. Regression generally points to poor development and training. I worry that the organization does not have good enough coaching staff to correct and develop this guy. I would put that change at the same priority as a WRs that can make reasonable catches most of the time and circus catches at least some of the time. Every Sunday I am distressed by the number of catches made on very poor throws and the number of decent throws that have been dropped by our WRs so far this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    This.

I've been saying he's a Devon Bess type guy, look what he's done this year with Tannehill. I belive Burton and Simpson will be gone this year. It'll leave us Harvin, Wright, Jenkins, Aromashodu, and give us a couple spots to bring in New talent. Probably a 1st or 2nd round rookie.

I also agree with Matt Moore. He didn't do to bad in Miami last year and he's actually one of the only guys I'd want out of who we could reasonably get. We need to make this change otherwise were pissing away a lot of talent.
    No chance in hell we bring back that waste of space Jenkins. Aromashodu may end up coming back just because he does have talent and should be a cheap #4 receiver. Even then I find it hard to see him back. To me Simpson, Jenkins, Burton and Aromashodu should all be gone next season.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Best part about Josh Robinson's int was Chad Greenway pan caking Matt Forte at the 15 yard line, making a hole for Robinson to nearly score.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangs002 View Post
    Not a big time regular in here or anything but I have to get this one out - I didn't get to watch the game today so I'm sure this has already been said already by many but here we go:

Anybody who still thinks Ponder should be our QB going in to next year is high. Not like weed high, but like a "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" high. That plus Delusional. Ignorant. Oblivious. Stupidly stubborn. I am embarrassed for even standing up for him a little bit in the first place. How a guy regresses into the consistently putrid QB he is is beyond my thought capacity. I am starting to understand how Harvin must feel - he played with Tebow who has the worst arm in the NFL and they didn't even have a guy like Peterson to bank on. Words just cannot explain how bad this kid is. He's the kind of QB the Jets deserve.

I would be happy to bring in ANYBODY like Matt Moore or even T-Jack...seriously. But we need to make a trade again. This team is still good enough to win this division and compete for a championship with the O-Line playing as they are and Adrian/Percy going off. A few tweaks to the talent we have at WR & on defense should suffice given we get a proven QB. We need to be all in for Flacco or trade for Rivers - I don't care what it costs. If we don't might as well trade Adrian, Jared, Kevin, and start over completely.

It would be like the Twins saying, "Well we still think we can get something out of Blackie" after the past couple of years. Either start buying or start selling like the Twins have this offseason. This is maddening.

Thanks for listening everybody. I'm out.
    BINGO We have a winner !!!
    Great post, but quit sugarcoating it tell us what you really think of Ponder.
    Aren't you willing to give our young stud QB 2 or 3 more years to get better ?
    Many (although shrinking) amount of our friends here tell me Ponder will be great in a couple more years. We have to be patient. I hope they're right or we'll waste the talents of the greatest runningback, ever!
    It's getting embarassing. Nationally the sports media is laughing at our QB.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839