Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 579
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,231
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know how I'm high thinking we give a 2nd year QB with his first full offseason another year when we have no other options...

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,577
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    VCU, you just figured it out. Musgrave used to play behind Elway, get some pads on him, throw him a helmet and let's see what he's got!!
    Thats why Musgrave isn't developing Ponder. He's plotting on taking his starting job lol.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    U of M - MPLS
    Posts
    683
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I don't know how I'm high thinking we give a 2nd year QB with his first full offseason another year when we have no other options...
    No offense dude - I started writing that before I read your post. That was actually my argument a few weeks ago. You may not be high in fact, but possibly insane.

    Insanity (noun): doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. In this case, expecting him to turn it around because he's young. I'll completely disregard the "no first offseason" excuse this late into his SECOND year as a starter.

    There are draft picks every year that just don't pan out. Don't waste Adrian's talent and the few years guys like K-Will, Jared, and Winfield have left waiting for the jury to be out on Ponder.

    If anything, it's amazing we have done this well despite it. I will agree there isn't a whole lot of options out there but I think this team is ready to be "buyers" again with the way the O-line and secondary has improved.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jhood_121 View Post
    Thats why Musgrave isn't developing Ponder. He's plotting on taking his starting job lol.
    I don't think that the league would be ready for his greatness.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,577
    vCash
    1500
    I hear Musgrave is a gun slinger.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,187
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tc80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Glad we won. Here are my thoughts:

    1. Its nice having a safety that doesnt suck. i could get used to this. i hope he keeps it up.

    2. Thank you Defense.

    3. AD is a beast.

    4. Musgrave sucks....But Ponder is worse. We absolutely need to address the QB situation. Hell someone like Matt Moore or Kyle Orton would make me happy. But if i see another passing performance less than 100 yds again im gonna freak out.
    matt moore? really?...kyle orton? that puts us in the same position with ponder. we dont want game managers. we need a qb that can lead us to come backs and to wins that we need.
    ponder has had like 5 games this year where he has failed to pass for 100 yds. You could argue that he can't even manage a game because he is so mistake prone. Guys like Moore, or Orton may not be flashy but we know what they bring to the table and they are actually a realistic target for us.

    So I disagree I don't think they would put us in the same situation we have with Ponder.

    props to VCU for the sig!

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    He threw 17 times and his one big play was dropped by Aromashodu. Put the pitchforks down for a week.
    I really can't be impressed with our QB throwing 11/17 for 91 yards for 0 TD's and a pick. Remember this is after the Bears were putting 9 or occasionally 10 in the box. Also, out of those 91 yards 20 of them were when the Bears were in a soft zone before the end of the half. That is down right pitiful.

    Until last week I had been a huge supporter of Ponder, but he just seems to lack the confidence and "IT" factor to be successful. 90% of the time plays don't go the way they are supposed to and the QB has to make an adjustment to make a play. It seems like Ponder attempts to force designed plays to operate the way it was supposed to which ends in turnovers.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    How many times does this guy have to throw silly interceptions off of his back foot to realize you can't get away with that ***** in the NFL. Set your damn feet then throw or don't throw it at all!

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    17,998
    vCash
    1500
    Last edited by Bob_at_york; 12-09-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: No pictures

  10. #565
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,011
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    that is awesome, I had not seen that.

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    3,187
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Another reason I hate fox

    props to VCU for the sig!

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,566
    vCash
    1500
    Really hard to judge Ponder on this game just for the fact that we only threw it 17 times. Thought he didn't play too bad and Aromo could have helped with the nice deep pass. Still a lot of growing that needs to be done but I'm not giving up just yet.

    Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marble, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    2,087
    vCash
    1500
    It isn't all Ponders fault,,,that if for sure,,,I really put him under the microscope this game and Ponder is still underperforming but there is so much more that is wrong with our passing game than our QB. He has lost all confidence thats for sure, his planting of his feet when he is flustered is terrible.

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Yeah me and my dad notice that..

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Really hard to judge Ponder on this game just for the fact that we only threw it 17 times. Thought he didn't play too bad and Aromo could have helped with the nice deep pass. Still a lot of growing that needs to be done but I'm not giving up just yet.
    I feel most sorry for Aromashodon't out of all of our WRs (not just because his last name is the easiest to make fun of, sorry devin). He's made some mistakes too but on two passes over the past two weeks that he could have come down with he was getting mugged. Was much worse in Green Bay but today he had a defender tugging him down as he was trying to reel that in. Aromashodu is probably pound for pound the best WR we have left on this team and that scares the hell out of me.

    We have Jenkins who's got the best hands (that doesn't much) but can't run to safe his life, and then we have Simpson who's gifted but runs poor routes and has the tendency to drop balls. I REALLY want to see Aromashodu get more snaps, probably at the expense of Simpson, and see Jenkins relegated to shorter route packages. Jenkins had a pretty nice play on an in route today for a first down, if we tried to use him more on stuff like that, and less on running deep down the field with a DB speed-walking next to him, we could have a more successful passing game.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •