Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    It's going to be an interesting season in the AL East to say the least. So many positive and negative changes for every team so far.
    ...Except the Blue Jays.....and moving up to 125 million or so in payroll isnt negative when youve got the second richest baseball owner.

vCash
    Suck it A-Rod.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Man, what a horrible contract.
    I don't think horrible is a strong enough word to describe it.
    That's true.

vCash
    so apparently if he retires early the yanks can recoup anywhere from 70%-100% of his remaining 114 million dollar contract if doctors list him as unable to physically play baseball anymore, so for them the best case scenario is this surgery goes awry and they get off the hook.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-contract.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    so apparently if he retires early the yanks can recoup anywhere from 70%-100% of his remaining 114 million dollar contract if doctors list him as unable to physically play baseball anymore, so for them the best case scenario is this surgery goes awry and they get off the hook.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...-contract.html
    That's the only way he retires, otherwise the Yankees are on the hook for the next 5 years and 114 million.

vCash
    4-6 months, plus time getting ready to play after.

Pretty much done for the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the only way he retires, otherwise the Yankees are on the hook for the next 5 years and 114 million.
    that's true, but as a right handed hitter your left hip is extreme important to swinging the bat with power, he really might be done, i would feel bad that his career would end that way, but that's how it goes some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    that's true, but as a right handed hitter your left hip is extreme important to swinging the bat with power, he really might be done, i would feel bad that his career would end that way, but that's how it goes some time.
    He probably is done with an injury like that so late in his career but i really don't see him retiring because it would help the Yankees.

He's gonna do what most athletes do and collect his money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He probably is done with an injury like that so late in his career but i really don't see him retiring because it would help the Yankees.

He's gonna do what most athletes do and collect his money.
    I hope the Dr gives him ole PUP slip. Yankees are insured for the contract and will get back most if not all the money that is left on his contract. This was a terrible, terrible contract. I hope the Yankees and other teams as well have learned from this big mistake.

vCash

Alex Rodriguez. hip surgery. expected to miss most of 1st half

His career is done, folks.

vCash
    On to hoping Pujols sets the HR record.

What a crash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I hope the Dr gives him ole PUP slip. Yankees are insured for the contract and will get back most if not all the money that is left on his contract. This was a terrible, terrible contract. I hope the Yankees and other teams as well have learned from this big mistake.
    I really doubt anyone sees a 10yr/275 million dollar deal at 31 years old ever again.

The juice had us all fooled after what he did in 2007 and i think teams will start to realize how these guys truly age without the synthetic help.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-05-2012 at 02:03 AM.

vCash
    Toronto has to pounce on their opportunity to be on top of the East this season. The pressure is on them. The division is wide open now to everyone besides my Sox.

vCash
    Next thing you know, he will go on the DL with a torn Puss.

FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Toronto has to pounce on their opportunity to be on top of the East this season. The pressure is on them. The division is wide open now to everyone besides my Sox.
    It's being reported that the Jays will not be making any more significant additions to the roster (so we're not supposed to expect Dickey here anytime soon). They're looking at depth SP to start in AAA and ready to be replacements if injuries occur to the top 5, and possibly a right handed bat to platoon with Lind at DH if he continues to struggle vs left handed pitching.

As for the Yankees, with a rotation of Sabathia, Pettitte and Kuroda and their lineup still containing Jeter, Cano, Granderson, Texiera, and likely Ichiro they're still a threat, although obviously a diminished one. I'd be surprised if they don't manage to win 87 games at a minimum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast