Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Top 5 Most Hated Players of All-Time

So, we get a lot of favorite player threads or best player threads, but I thought it would be interesting for everyone to discuss the players they have loved to hate over the years and why. They can be guys you respect but can't stand your franchise to play against. Or it can be guys that you just can't stand because you think they're total jerks.

(And, yes, I'm expecting a lot of Kobe vs. Lebron hate to spawn from this, but I'd like everyone to think about the bigger picture here.)

vCash
    Starting lineup of the Bad Boy Pistons in the early 90's

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Michael Jordan. So many people hate him for destroying other franchises during the 90s. Also the hate from both Lebron and Kobe fans.

Kobe Bryant. So many people hate him for his lack of elite statistics compared to other greats when he is constantly praised and being compared to MJ. Rape case, Shaq feud. Also the hate from Lebron fans.

Lebron James. So many people hate him for leaving Cleveland and teaming up with Wade and Bosh as well as coming up short under pressure (pre-2012). Also the hate from Kobe fans.

Dwyane Wade. Flopping and his way of playing the game, mostly from post "The Decision". But especially for the 2006 finals.

Bruce Bowen (personally). Really good defender and well deserved, but a dirty player, if not the dirtiest ever.

My ranking:

1. Kobe
    2. Bowen
    3. Wade
    4. Lebron
    5. Vince Carter - underachiever and throwing games.

P.S. I added MJ in the explanation just for sh*ts and giggles. Since some people do hate him for his success. And this doesn't mean I personally hate them (besides Bruce Bowen).
    Last edited by Money_23; 12-06-2012 at 01:43 PM.

vCash
    Kevin Garnett, Ron Artest, Brook Lopez, Kendrick Perkins, Dwight Howard.

Of all time: KG.

vCash
    Pau Gasol, apparently.

vCash
    To start off, here's my top five:
    1. Karl Malone
    2. Kobe Bryant
    3. Shaquille O'Neal
    4. Tim Duncan
    5. Dirk Nowitzki
    Honorable Mentions: John Stockton, David Robinson, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Patrick Ewing, Scottie Pippen, Derek Fisher, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Jason Terry

So my list comes solely from guys who have been Rockets killers over the years. I respect the hell out of these guys, but I have loved to hate them so much that I have fantasized about causing them physical pain. (I'm not proud of it).

To start, the Jazz are the Rockets No. 1 enemy in the West. Stockton and Malone absolutely killed Houston in the 90s and D-Will and Boozer didn't do them any favors in the 2000s. But my hate for Malone goes beyond that. He always played well against the Rockets, but I hate that people speak about him as an All-Time great when he's one of the biggest playoff chokers in NBA history and his postseason numbers are so pitiful compared to his regular season stats. He's the one guy that I not only love to hate, but refuse to respect.

Kobe and Shaq are fairly obvious. Kobe has regularly killed the Rockets with big shots and he's dominated the West for the last decade. I also think he gets too much credit as an All-Time great when his numbers prove otherwise. And I have despised people that consider Shaq a better center than Dream when Hakeem was by far the more talented, skilled and dedicated player. But the Rockets demolition of Shaq in 94 and his personality have made me hate him less over the years.

Duncan and Dirk are two guys I have a ton of respect for, but never fail to hate. Being in Houston, it's impossible to go an NBA season without someone reminding you which Texas teams have won titles in the last decade. Those two guys have killed the Rockets since they showed up in Texas and every time I see Dallas or San Antonio on the schedule, I absolutely dread it.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 12-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    Come to think of it mbs, I didn't like Malone at all either.

8. 12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynKnicks3 View Post
    1. Lecoward
    2. Bosh
    3. Duncan
    4. Bowen
    5. Wade
    Wow. Have you been watching basketball for like five years or something? You really need to get over this Miami hatred. I do like the Bowen pick, though.

vCash
    Ron Artest, Garnett, Jason Terry.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    In 30-40 years Nets will have the most championships in NBA history, you can quote me on it. Nobody has an owner like mine.

Originally Posted by DoMeFavors
    Fact is I would take Brook over Dwight, I wanted Dwight over Brook for this team because Nets have two 20 point scorers in JJ and Deron but if I was starting a team it would be Brook he is more of a franchise player.

11. 12-06-2012, 01:42 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    Rik Smits
    Rondo
    Bosh
    Smush Parker
    Bynum

vCash
    Rik Smits was awesome lol.

vCash
    The best get hated.

Jordan
    Kobe
    Lebron
    et al...

See a pattern?

vCash
    in the words of the infamous kat williams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRbDSwZIME

"Jesus was perfect and he only had 12 friends and even one of them was a hater".
    Last edited by 310Casper; 12-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.

16. 12-06-2012, 01:47 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    nothing to get over seeing coward with wade makes sick. You have all the tlaent in the world and join a champion who should be ur rival.
    I can't tell if you're trolling or not. But if you're serious, you REALLY need to look at the big picture. In the history of the NBA, there have been tons of instances of star players joining up with other star players. Lebron is not the first guy to do this and he won't be the last. Hell, Melo did the exact same thing in New York, but it's like you're completely ignoring that fact so that you can continue your hate of Lebron and the Heat.

Either get over it or you have to criticize EVERY player who does, including your own franchise. But this double standard is getting ridiculous.

vCash
    I dont hate Kobe and jordan are the 2 best ever coward couldnt get it done in cleveland so bailed and hopped on wades team.
    Bro if he had signed with the Knicks you'd love him.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast