Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    When is this award announced?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    When is this award announced?
    I read earlier that the week before the SB. Not sure that's true. What I heard though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    http://www.sbnation.com/videos/2013/...ie-of-the-year

Brad Wells recaps ROY race. He says Luck deserves ROY because:

1. No QB did more with less in 2012. Not on a very talented team, but still shattered records and helped the team have a record turn around..

2. Washington has the #1 ranked rushing attack in the NFL, Seattle has the #3 ranked rushing attack. Indy has the #21 ranked rushing attack. Both teams destroyed Indy in terms of rushing attempts. Alfred Morris doubled Vick Ballard's production.

Redskins and the Seahawks were tied for defensive turn overs (5th overall in the NFL). Colts were 30th in terms of getting turnovers. Luck didn't have enough talent on his team.

3. Rookies. over 4000 snaps taken by Colts rookies this year. 2100 snaps for Washington's rookies. 3390 for Seahawks rookies.

4. Adversity. Luck didn't have his head coach pretty much all year. Also had the weight of 'replacing' Peyton Manning.

Factor all those in, Luck deserves it, but all of them could easily win.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    If you guys really want to get your blood boiling read Skip Bayless' article on ESPN. It's so bad and filled with hate towards the Colts. I'd post it but I'm on my phone. Also Rick Reilly considers Luck as his ROY...

vCash
    Just wanted to post this stat:

One additional rookie of the year perspective. Colts OL surrendered 246 total pressures this year. Most of any OL in past 5 years (by 25)
    One person replied with - Luck gets pressured so much because he holds the ball too long...

So PFF responded with:

7 QBs held the ball longer on average to pass attempt, including both Wilson and RGIII
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I stopped following Stampede Blue on twitter...I can't stand him. Especially when he tries to sound intelligent about other sports, primarily IU basketball

#iubb

vCash
    I love Stampede Blue. He used to be annoying when he would ***** and whine about every little thing regarding the Colts, but he's been more positive.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Just wanted to post this stat:

One person replied with - Luck gets pressured so much because he holds the ball too long...

So PFF responded with:
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I love Stampede Blue. He used to be annoying when he would ***** and whine about every little thing regarding the Colts, but he's been more positive.
    I've said this about Kravits in other threads but I think it is true about any local writer that covers the Colts....They all seem in better moods now that Polian is gone and not shutting them out. Polian was leaking and breaking all the info to ESPN and guys like Schefter...which ended up paying off for him when he got a job there and I don't think that is just a coincidence. IMO that is why all the local guys kept getting whiny and turned into a holes that just bashed the colts any chance they got, they weren't given any information to do their jobs by the team they were supposed to be covering and had to write about something.

vCash
    Check this out.

20 Third down drops for Colts led NFL RT @catrader7: do you have the ability to filter drops per team specifically for 3rd down?
    In 2012, the Colts' 20 drop on third down led the NFL. 2. Saints 3. Raiders 4. Browns 5. Cardinals 6. Redskins 7. Broncos
    If you doubled the 123 occasions Peyton Manning was pressured this season, you'd still be 43 pressures behind Andrew Luck's total. #Colts
    Okay, 20 of 170 3rd down Aimed Throws by the Colts were dropped this year, which, at 11.8%, is an NFL high. 2. Redskins 3. Saints
    @ehourican 8.9% is third worst
    Avery dropped 5-of-37 RT @stephenchaves: @MikeClayNFL How many of the 20 were Donnie Avery alone?
    T.Y. Hilton dropped 6-of-28 (21.4%) third down targets this season - dead last among WRs with 15-plus third down targs in 2012.
    So Avery and Hilton have been awful in terms of third-down drops. On the other hand, Reggie Wayne has 2 drops on 50 3D targets (4%)
    All from Mike Clay's twitter account, https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL

#iubb

vCash
    Which is why we need to find a FA WR this year.

<3

vCash
    I posted on a redskins thread that I was glad we didn't pick rg3 and got bashed who woulda thought that would happen?

vCash
    RG3 cant take a hit. Luck can. End of discussion. Ones a Man ones a child that runs like hes in the backyard. We choose right and theres no doubt about it.

Lucks on our side

vCash
    This backs up Jacque's last post and needs to be taken into account in the voting process but won't?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4724/donnie-avery
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    So let's see: Luck had 2 of the worst WR drop rates, he was pressured more than any other QB in the NFL, he was 3rd in % of his passes going over 15 yards, he didn't have a run game, and people choose to brush that aside? Watch the games, folks!

<3

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast