Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Possible WRs

vCash

Possible WRs

Ok we need some other pieces as well but with the money we have and some decent names in FA , what WRs should the Colts focus on? I know there is a love for Mike Wallace but lets be honest can we really expect him to go over the middle on 3rd and 6? He will stretch the field but I think the money would best be spent on either Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is a tougher player and would do whatever you asked of him which means extending drives. Wayne would be the sure hands, Bowe the all around guy, and Hilton the deep threat. Not to mention what Allen and Fleener will give us in the new O that Stanford ran.

vCash
    For me, the offensive line and defensive back field should be the top priorities in Free Agency....but if they do consider a WR I wonder if Hartline may make some sense as his price wouldn't be in Bowe's (who I wouldn't mind seeing signed) or Wallace (who we already have TY and possibly Brazil to fit what he could bring and much cheaper)?
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I'm all in on the Dwayne Bowe bandwagon. I think he is a legitimate number one for Luck when Reggie decides to hang it up. In the meantime he would make the current WR core very deep.

vCash
    I am hands off D-Bowe honestly. Reggie isn't going anywhere for 2 years so by that time Bowe will be 30. by that time he surely will not be a #1 wideout over Hilton. I agree we need to spend on the line and build weapons via draft. I will keep banging the drum for Tavon Austin as the best possible WR to bring in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Ok we need some other pieces as well but with the money we have and some decent names in FA , what WRs should the Colts focus on? I know there is a love for Mike Wallace but lets be honest can we really expect him to go over the middle on 3rd and 6? He will stretch the field but I think the money would best be spent on either Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is a tougher player and would do whatever you asked of him which means extending drives. Wayne would be the sure hands, Bowe the all around guy, and Hilton the deep threat. Not to mention what Allen and Fleener will give us in the new O that Stanford ran.
    I'm pretty sure the Wallace pipe dream went away as soon as Arians took the Cardinals job... which I certainly don't mind. Money is better spent on Oline...

If i had to pick a FA WR.. I'd go Bowe.. or Barden.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I know he's not a free agent but I wish there was a way we could get Larry Fitzgerald...I wonder what it would take to get him? But out of the free agents I want Bowe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkp777 View Post
    I know he's not a free agent but I wish there was a way we could get Larry Fitzgerald...I wonder what it would take to get him? But out of the free agents I want Bowe.
    Well to start with almost half our cap space to pay him, and probably to acquire him most of this and next years draft + a guy like Hilton?

vCash
    Although I like Bowe, his drops annoy the hell out of me. I hated Garçon for this very reason. Indy’s core as a team I believe led the league in drops. RB’s didn’t help either. With that said, I also think guys like Mike Wallace & Wes Welker are extremely overrated. I feel like Bowe could never be a true number 1, which would work fine with Wayne still around. I like Greg Jennings a lot as well. I think he could be had at a somewhat bargain rate. Danario Alexander intrigues me. I don’t want him to turn into a Laurent Robinson (one hit wonder).

We should target Jennings or Bowe.
    Last edited by DieHardColtsfan; 02-13-2013 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Well to start with almost half our cap space to pay him, and probably to acquire him most of this and next years draft + a guy like Hilton?
    That sounds pretty reasonable...ha jk that's way too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Wallace pipe dream went away as soon as Arians took the Cardinals job... which I certainly don't mind. Money is better spent on Oline...

If i had to pick a FA WR.. I'd go Bowe.. or Barden.
    I thought the same thing when Bruce left.