Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Are u trying to set a record for posting the same thing in the most threads?

It's a little different in each thread. Soooo

vCash
    I didn't read through this entire thread but am I the only one that thinks with Cano's style of play that he won't drastically drop off as he ages? I mean Jeff Kent played second base at like 38. Cano seems to get better every year. Who do people want the anchor of the lineup to be in the future? I'm fine with Tex, but him declining worries me more

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    I didn't read through this entire thread but am I the only one that thinks with Cano's style of play that he won't drastically drop off as he ages? I mean Jeff Kent played second base at like 38. Cano seems to get better every year. Who do people want the anchor of the lineup to be in the future? I'm fine with Tex, but him declining worries me more
    Trout and Stanton

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    Trout and Stanton
    Exactly. Unless it is internal, we are never going to have a early 20s player anchoring the lineup. Even if that player ever finally shows up in the farm, he will be team controlled for a while so it's not like the Cano contract will get in the way

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Sounds like Robbie is planning on bolting

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1215963
    “I don’t think he’ll be with the Yankees beyond next season,” one of the sources told the Daily News. “He’s not giving them a hometown discount, and they seem to be more interested in keeping their payroll down than winning.”
    Can we please trade his *** and bring up Adams?

vCash
    DBL post
    Last edited by Rylinkus; 12-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.

vCash
    I've said since this came up that he's gone. He has no connection with the fans or city.

And Boras will get his loot easily elsewhere.

I agree. Trade for a huge haul.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Lets think about the more notable gigantic contracts in MLB and what they provided their team.

Arod- HUGE revenue since 2004. Spectacular performance from 04-10. Net win to this point. Possibly even a net win going forward, if he quits soon.

Jeter - HUGE net win from all aspects.

Manny- Huge net win and two rings.

Pujols - I'm not privy to the Angels finances but I'd assume he will mirror Arods career peaks and valleys since they both are juice heads. But I think Arod provides more revenue off the field.

Fielder - Mostly on field win. Not sure of his off field production for the team.

CC/Hamels/Lee: Seem like wins on the field, not much off.

Zito/Hampton/Santana large pitching deals: Ugh.

So, where does Cano fall? I'd liken him to Fielder. Great stats, but not sure that he brings fannies to the seats and TV sets.

My opinion: Trade.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    I'm not paying Cano $200 Million dollars for 7-years. I prefer to give that money to King Felix when he becomes a free agent.

vCash
    I hope he has an MVP season in 2013. At least be leaves the Yankees in style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I've said since this came up that he's gone. He has no connection with the fans or city.

And Boras will get his loot easily elsewhere.

I agree. Trade for a huge haul.
    What huge haul are you getting for a guy on a 1 yr deal?
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    I'm not paying Cano $200 Million dollars for 7-years. I prefer to give that money to King Felix when he becomes a free agent.
    Couple things

1. MLB network reported the M's are planning on extending him

2. Felix hates the Yankees and wants nothing to do with them.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Sounds like Robbie is planning on bolting

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1215963

Can we please trade his *** and bring up Adams?
    I wonder how the other players on the team are going to react to the best player on the team being traded. My guess is not good.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    What huge haul are you getting for a guy on a 1 yr deal?
    Probably not, unless it is a contending team that would also like the security of extending him before another team can sign him.

I wonder how the other players on the team are going to react to the best player on the team being traded. My guess is not good.
    Oh please. They could care less. And by 2014, there will only be 6-7 players from 2013. Everyone else is a free agent after 2013.

vCash
    I've said it before. I would have rather extended Granderson and Swisher vs. losing those 2 and keeping Cano.

We just let our second best offensive player walk. What do the players think about that?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast