Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Well hey, if we can sign him for a Wright type deal, say 5/90-100m (considering he's 2 years older than Wright)... then i'm all for it.

But if we're talking 6+ years at anything around $25m... trade him... its just not a good long term move.
    Cano was born October 22, 1982

Wright was born December 20, 1982

Cano is only months older, but I agree with the rest of your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post

but as I understand, Cano's extension wouldn't kick in until he's 31, so he'd be 2 years older than Wright at the start of his deal... unless I'm wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    i think bob is the best 2b in mlb and its not close.

I think bob is one of the best pure hitters i ever saw.

I think bob is one of the best fielders i ever saw, as far as talented.

I think bob is one of the weakest mental midgets i ever saw, thereby robbing him of being an all time great.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think Bob is the best 2b in MLB and its not close.

I think Bob is one of the best pure hitters I ever saw.

I think Bob is one of the best fielders I ever saw, as far as talented.

I think Bob is one of the weakest mental midgets I ever saw, thereby robbing him of being an all time great.
    Leo.....you brought tears to a man's eyes.

vCash

..U People Must Be Bugging About Cano...

Funny How people look for any negatives about someone to go with their story- If you really are a true Yankee fan then you would an should appreciate the skill he has brought the 2nd base since becoming an every day starter- i just would love to know who has his arm power/accuracy while on defense an when he's not in a slump, what 2nd baseman can hit the ball to any part of the field on any giving hit?. Too many people are to quick with their thoughts when they say them and should really look at the big picture, He's not old and when he's 28-32 your going to wish they never trade him if they do decide to give him a long contract...People Must be smokin better *** the me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    How do you replace Cano? How do you replace 200 hits a year? How do you replace 25 hr's? How do you replace someone that hits to both sides of the field? How do you replace all the XBH? How do you replace the GG defense? And the biggest question is how do you replace all of that at the same time?

You Dont...
    Thank You, At least theirs 1 real fan besides me

vCash
    After thinking about it a little the Yanks will be better off when Jete, Mo, Pettitte all retire.....great players but blocking younger talent in the minors and via trades. Can't wait until next offseason....I am ready for this team to blow up and Brian can start getting younger players to start a new era of Yankee Baseball....I can wait for a few bad years in order to get some draft picks stocked up.....

In some ways I am giving the 2013 Yanks a free pass....no worries and just wait for the 2014 season.....
    Nick

vCash
    Cano's a great hitter who uses the whole field. Theres no many players in today game that have as much gap power the other way as he does. Getting rid of cano or lettig him walk would be completely asanine. So becareful what you wish for. Good luck replacing his production in an already aging declining lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    Cano's a great hitter who uses the whole field. Theres no many players in today game that have as much gap power the other way as he does. Getting rid of cano or lettig him walk would be completely asanine. So becareful what you wish for. Good luck replacing his production in an already aging declining lineup.
    we will be kicking are self in the a55 if we let him go...

The funny thing will be, is if we do, all the fans will be begging the front office to go out and trade for a good 2b giving up prospects when we could have just kept the best 2nd basemen in all of baseball for just money... And what is money to the Yankees atleast moeny to keep the best 2nd basemen.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still have words for you. Why the F would Haren be a fit here and prevent Nova/Phelps from establishing themselves as starting pitchers? Also, dip in velocity and frequent DL stints do not help either. Yucky. Glad he's a Nat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I still have words for you. Why the F would Haren be a fit here and prevent Nova/Phelps from establishing themselves as starting pitchers? Also, dip in velocity and frequent DL stints do not help either. Yucky. Glad he's a Nat.
    At a one year deal you dont know what you are getting. Last year couldve been a fluke and a change of scenery could work wonders. Since Cashman's so hung up (admittedly not by his own volition) on the limitations of one year signings Haren wouldve made some sense.

First off, he'd be a 3 in the rotation. Second it would allow us to use Nova or Hughes as trade bait which is quite an enhancement over the current situation where they cannot afford to let those guys go. Thirdly, Haren has a good major league track record that has been derailed recently but again, its a one year with minimal risk.

Nova or Hughes could bring us the offensive pieces we need to rebuild right now.

I won't say Haren's a slam dunk, because I certainly realize that if we off Hughes and Haren bombs then we could be doubly screwed. I'd be more inclined to dump Nova for something we need, dangling his unnatural penchant for winning despite the sabermetrics as proof-positive that he has value.

For the record, if Cashman does nothing we had better brace for a repeat of 08 or much worse.

This offense was mediocre at best last October and now we're going to be down quite a bit. Jeff Keppinger, even though he thankfully didn't sign with us, shows that Cashman's head is in the wrong place unless he is counter-intelligencing.

We've heard that though many, many times in the past and "the ninja" usually ends up falling far short.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    At a one year deal you dont know what you are getting. Last year couldve been a fluke and a change of scenery could work wonders. Since Cashman's so hung up (admittedly not by his own volition) on the limitations of one year signings Haren wouldve made some sense.

First off, he'd be a 3 in the rotation. Second it would allow us to use Nova or Hughes as trade bait which is quite an enhancement over the current situation where they cannot afford to let those guys go. Thirdly, Haren has a good major league track record that has been derailed recently but again, its a one year with minimal risk.

Nova or Hughes could bring us the offensive pieces we need to rebuild right now.

I won't say Haren's a slam dunk, because I certainly realize that if we off Hughes and Haren bombs then we could be doubly screwed. I'd be more inclined to dump Nova for something we need, dangling his unnatural penchant for winning despite the sabermetrics as proof-positive that he has value.

For the record, if Cashman does nothing we had better brace for a repeat of 08 or much worse.

This offense was mediocre at best last October and now we're going to be down quite a bit. Jeff Keppinger, even though he thankfully didn't sign with us, shows that Cashman's head is in the wrong place unless he is counter-intelligencing.

We've heard that though many, many times in the past and "the ninja" usually ends up falling far short.
    Hughes in the last year of his contract and Nova with an average ML career so far won't net us back something special, unless we include prospects and money. Admittedly, I thought Yankees would have a 3B men by now so Haren now makes a tad more sense than he did before, because we may have to sacrifice 1 of Hughes/Nova now. That $13M he got from them could/should go to a 1 year deal for Youk or someone in a trade. We'll see what happens

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post

Is that the new math I hear Obama talking about?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    My ideal Situtation if the Yankees keep Cano.

Is to make A-rod a full time DH. If he ever comes back.

Slide cano over to 3B. Generally a longer shelf life and if they are going to give him a long term big contract. Then I think this is ideal.

Jeter at SS with a possible replacement in nunez in a few years when jeter retires depending on how he progresses. If not cross that bridge when it happens.

Adams at 2B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    My ideal Situtation if the Yankees keep Cano.

Is to make A-rod a full time DH. If he ever comes back.

Slide cano over to 3B. Generally a longer shelf life and if they are going to give him a long term big contract. Then I think this is ideal.

Jeter at SS with a possible replacement in nunez in a few years when jeter retires depending on how he progresses. If not cross that bridge when it happens.

Adams at 2B.
    Are u trying to set a record for posting the same thing in the most threads?

Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast