Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Why would the Dodgers trade Kemp?
    Thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonross View Post
    Trade Cano, Granderson, and Hughes to the Dodgers for Kemp, Jansen, and Gordon. The Dodgers are the one team that would resign all three players. The yankees should then sign A.J., Hamilton, and Hairston. I would not sign Ichiro or Youklis. They want too much money.

Yankee Lineup
    Gardner CF
    Jeter SS
    Hamilton LF
    Kemp RF
    Tex 1B
    Hairston DH
    A.J. C
    Nunez 3B
    Adams or Gordon 2B
    Why exactly are the Dodgers looking to trade Kemp?

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Why would the Dodgers trade Kemp?
    we assume MLB the show trade rules where you cna force trades
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Yes Adams will replace Cano with his .205 BA 7 hr 20 XBH and stellar D.... People if you think Adams is going to replace Cano you have another thing coming... We dont have the best luck when it comes to prospects and they are just that PROSPECTS... Dont count your chickens until they hatch...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I don't think they are serious about it though. When Verlander and Andrus become free agents, 2015 I think, I find it hard to believe the Yankees wont be throwing major amounts of cash their way. I hope they are serious about using the farm. I love seeing young studs come up. Not sure if they will stick to it though. The team could be sold by then as well. Things seem in a state of flux right now.
    Velander, felix will not hit FA...

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    The problem as I see it comes down to a lack of strategy. Either you spend money and you're in on guys like Hamilton or you trade your Cano type players to re-tool your farm system. This purgatory phase we are in reminds me of the 80s, the last time we lost George, and its no fun.

Personally, I'd like to see the Yankees spend a couple of years trying to re-tool and then come out and start spending on some free agent talent to get them over the hump. The team we have now is just mediocre. We don't have the money to spend with the $189 mil edict and our farm is just not ready to be a support system for the major league club. Since we do have financial resources, I really think we can become significant again in 2-3 years.

Here is some off the cuff suggestions (forget no trade clauses and all the junk, leave that to the GMs; these are just ideas/possibilities):

1. Trade Sabbathia to Texas for Olt, Profar + pitching prospect. CC gives them the ace they need to get over the hump. Olt is blocked by Beltre. Profar is blocked by Andrus. We get our future SS and 3B.

2. Trade Granderson. I'm not sure that I see him having much value. But, he does have power and would provide some leadership to a young team. Seattle has a stocked farm. We should be able to get one top prospect and one B level prospect for him. Maybe a future OF or 1B.

3. Trade Cano to the highest bidder and be creative. 3 way deal with Miami for Stanton? 3 way deal to Arizona for Justin Upton? We should be able to get some good value in return.

4. Hughes and Gardner. Both are approaching FA and aren't so cheap any more. By the time this team gets back on track, they will be on the wrong side of 30. Let's hope that they have a good first half and see what we could get at the all star break in terms of prospects.

5. Trade Tex. Perhaps he would welcome an opportunity to go back home to the Baltimore/Washington DC area. Both can use a power hitting 1B. We continue to stock pile young talent for our re-emergence. Perhaps some more pitching options.

6. Bring up the kids soon. Let them play and make their mistakes.

7. Be patient with A-Rod. He will try to come back, but his ego will push him to retirement when he is a shell of his former self.

8. Be more active in the international market. Something isn't working in terms of scouting. Too many players over the past couple of years that we should have been in on and weren't (e.g. Darvish, Chapman, Soler)

9. Start grooming Jeter to take over as manager when we are ready to re-emerge. By then his career will be over. The kids will respect him and listen to his advice. Wouldn't it be a great story to have Jeter manage the next dynasty?

9. Let Hal taste defeat. See the impact on the clubs cash flow, valuation and significance. Make him decide to either sell the franchise or be his father's son.

10. Luxory tax is re-set. Get ready to spend on some key free agents once the team nucleus is set. Verlander? Price? Harper? All kinds of interesting opportunities present themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kj244 View Post
    The problem as I see it comes down to a lack of strategy. Either you spend money and you're in on guys like Hamilton or you trade your Cano type players to re-tool your farm system. This purgatory phase we are in reminds me of the 80s, the last time we lost George, and its no fun.

Personally, I'd like to see the Yankees spend a couple of years trying to re-tool and then come out and start spending on some free agent talent to get them over the hump. The team we have now is just mediocre. We don't have the money to spend with the $189 mil edict and our farm is just not ready to be a support system for the major league club. Since we do have financial resources, I really think we can become significant again in 2-3 years.

Here is some off the cuff suggestions (forget no trade clauses and all the junk, leave that to the GMs; these are just ideas/possibilities):

1. Trade Sabbathia to Texas for Olt, Profar + pitching prospect. CC gives them the ace they need to get over the hump. Olt is blocked by Beltre. Profar is blocked by Andrus. We get our future SS and 3B.

2. Trade Granderson. I'm not sure that I see him having much value. But, he does have power and would provide some leadership to a young team. Seattle has a stocked farm. We should be able to get one top prospect and one B level prospect for him. Maybe a future OF or 1B.

3. Trade Cano to the highest bidder and be creative. 3 way deal with Miami for Stanton? 3 way deal to Arizona for Justin Upton? We should be able to get some good value in return.

4. Hughes and Gardner. Both are approaching FA and aren't so cheap any more. By the time this team gets back on track, they will be on the wrong side of 30. Let's hope that they have a good first half and see what we could get at the all star break in terms of prospects.

5. Trade Tex. Perhaps he would welcome an opportunity to go back home to the Baltimore/Washington DC area. Both can use a power hitting 1B. We continue to stock pile young talent for our re-emergence. Perhaps some more pitching options.

6. Bring up the kids soon. Let them play and make their mistakes.

7. Be patient with A-Rod. He will try to come back, but his ego will push him to retirement when he is a shell of his former self.

8. Be more active in the international market. Something isn't working in terms of scouting. Too many players over the past couple of years that we should have been in on and weren't (e.g. Darvish, Chapman, Soler)

9. Start grooming Jeter to take over as manager when we are ready to re-emerge. By then his career will be over. The kids will respect him and listen to his advice. Wouldn't it be a great story to have Jeter manage the next dynasty?

9. Let Hal taste defeat. See the impact on the clubs cash flow, valuation and significance. Make him decide to either sell the franchise or be his father's son.

10. Luxory tax is re-set. Get ready to spend on some key free agents once the team nucleus is set. Verlander? Price? Harper? All kinds of interesting opportunities present themselves.
    no trade clauses exist
    your arguement is invalid
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I love the concept of trading our old, expensive players for young, cheaper ones. Why don't the GMs think of this?

vCash
    Cano will be a Yankee for life.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    It is such an oxymoron to preach austerity nonsense in 2013 and then give a second basemen 180 million the next offseason
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    The Dodgers would trade Kemp to improve their roster. Cano is one of the best pure hitters in baseball. They start Mark Ellis at 2B and Cano would be a huge upgrade. Granderson has hit 84 Hrs last 2 years and Hughes could start or provide quality depth in bullpen. Dodgers would be getting the better end of the deal, but I don't think the Yankees will or should sign Cano to 8-10 year deal. They need to get something this year before he leaves as a free agent. If Adams isn't ready for 2B then play Nix or Gordon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    There is no doubt of 2 things with Robbie... He will play next season with the highest bidder and I can prove that. He also will not talk contract extention until next offseason... I am sure you want proof of that too... well, the answer to prove both is the same...

Who is the agent that represents Robbie? Scott Boras.

SB has two traits. 1. Never negotiate a contract until you are a UFA if you can get away with it. 2. To the winner go the spoils.

So Robbie will not be reworking his current contract and he won't be coming back on a discount, as SB does not do either.
    Cano will be a Dodger after the 2013 season. The money will lead him there. No loyality on either side. show me the money. Oh and the willingness to spend it to get better. Not seeing that from the Yankees.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    That's why I'd find a match with Colorado.... Perhaps a package of Rosario,Rutledge, Gonzalez and Cuddyer for Cano, Romine, Gardener, Nova? I like it....Even the money works in both directions... If they do not make a move this year then they put themselves at a disadvantage ...
    Last edited by texas star; 12-11-2012 at 06:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Cano will be a Yankee for life.
    I sure hope not.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonross View Post
    The Dodgers would trade Kemp to improve their roster. Cano is one of the best pure hitters in baseball. They start Mark Ellis at 2B and Cano would be a huge upgrade. Granderson has hit 84 Hrs last 2 years and Hughes could start or provide quality depth in bullpen. Dodgers would be getting the better end of the deal, but I don't think the Yankees will or should sign Cano to 8-10 year deal. They need to get something this year before he leaves as a free agent. If Adams isn't ready for 2B then play Nix or Gordon.
    Nix is barely a back up and Gordon isn't that good.

If the Dodgers want Cano bad enough they can just sign him a yr from now. Therefore they can add Robbie and keep Kemp. Besides they have already improved their team since the deadline.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast