Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Honestly, I've played countless scenarios over in my mind and its driving me a little nuts. Cashman and Co. have their work cut out for them. But I am totally against giving Cano a mega deal. It will cripple the franchise and we'll be in this position again.
    It won't cripple the franchise by the time Cano is Jeter and A-rod's age he should be the only old player on the team if the are serious about using the farm as a pipeline.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    We can only dream of what could be, love the post of deals like-- Grandy to Texas for Olt(3B), Martin(CF) and Perez(LHP) and Cano to the Dodgers for Billingsley(RHP), Gordon(SS) and Puig(OF).
    Just saw Texas Dealt Young and his 16 mil. Contract to the Phills for nothing special--- but it cleared 16 mil. Hmmm!
    Rangers are paying more than half of what's left on his contract.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    It won't cripple the franchise by the time Cano is Jeter and A-rod's age he should be the only old player on the team if the are serious about using the farm as a pipeline.
    I don't think they are serious about it though. When Verlander and Andrus become free agents, 2015 I think, I find it hard to believe the Yankees wont be throwing major amounts of cash their way. I hope they are serious about using the farm. I love seeing young studs come up. Not sure if they will stick to it though. The team could be sold by then as well. Things seem in a state of flux right now.

vCash
    You're right they're paying 10 of the 16 mil. He has left on his contract.
    But 6 mil. Is 6 mil none the less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I don't think they are serious about it though. When Verlander and Andrus become free agents, 2015 I think, I find it hard to believe the Yankees wont be throwing major amounts of cash their way. I hope they are serious about using the farm. I love seeing young studs come up. Not sure if they will stick to it though. The team could be sold by then as well. Things seem in a state of flux right now.
    I wouldn't mind seeing some of the kids either but I think they are dead serious about it. Think about it this way if you were able to get certain breaks for one yr wouldn't you want to get those breaks again. Besides whenever Hal talks he always mentions how they look forward to fielding a team with the core from the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    You're right they're paying 10 of the 16 mil. He has left on his contract.
    But 6 mil. Is 6 mil none the less.
    True better than paying the full 16.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Rangers are paying more than half of what's left on his contract.
    No. That arrangement came to an end when ARod opted out of his contract. NYY pay the full amount of the new contract. Texas was VERY happy when ARod opted out.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    We're talking about Michael Young

-Heat fan

vCash
    Hehe
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I think a trade could be a smart play but not sure that would resonate well with teammates or fans.

Dodgers?

Dee Gordon, Billingsley, some top specs ?
    I would love this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No you said flat out Wrights career numbers were not better.

And you can argue that Wright had a better year last year while playing in Citifield. Not sure what you mean by he hasn't achieved great number since Shea, because he had a damn good year last season.

Regardless, they ARE close, that we can agree on. That's why I'm not going to give Cano much more than Wright got.
    Career numbers don't matter though. Cano has been much better for the past 4 seasons. Cano certainly deserves more than Wright NOW

"We the best in the league, Tony!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAcowBOMBER View Post
    Career numbers don't matter though. Cano has been much better for the past 4 seasons. Cano certainly deserves more than Wright NOW
    he hasn't been MUCH better, 2011 Wright was hurt, but the other 3 years are pretty close

Take into account Cano plays in a hitters paradise while Wright the exact opposite. Then take into account the protection Cano has had and again the exact opposite for Wright.

vCash
    Psssh..

Wright can't hold Cano's jock strap..

Cano gets MVP votes.. Wright don't..

vCash
    Yea F Cano for wanting to get paid.

Yankees: Hey Robbie Yes we paid Jeter, Damon, A-rod, Tex, Aj, CC, and a number of other players but we have no money to pay you. Yes yes we did bid against ourselves with Alex but we have no money sorry pal.
    so because they made msitakes with those guys, they should willing make the mistaker again because cano said so?

the problem is not that they don;'t wnat to give cano that contract now, its that they did give them to tex, arod, aj etc.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Where did I say I would give him a contract as long as A-rod.

Cano is so lazy that he's the best player on the team. How is that possible lol.

No one said he can't survive on 120. Besides what a player wants isn't always what they end up with. When Tex hit the market he was looking for a deal over 200 million but he didn't get it. Hell Reyes wanted Crawford money but didn't get it either.
    120 in his and boras mind is a home town discount

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Psssh..

Wright can't hold Cano's jock strap..

Cano gets MVP votes.. Wright don't..
    cano plays for the pernial playoff yankees, wright plays for the pernial laughing stock of the NL mets

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast