Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No you said flat out Wrights career numbers were not better.

And you can argue that Wright had a better year last year while playing in Citifield. Not sure what you mean by he hasn't achieved great number since Shea, because he had a damn good year last season.

Regardless, they ARE close, that we can agree on. That's why I'm not going to give Cano much more than Wright got.
    Wright had an ok yr last season.

Wright would have probably received more if he was a free agent given his age and numbers. Cano is going to get more than Wright even if the Yankees are the ones that give it to him. He won't get 24-27 but I can see 21-23.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I think its more the owners dont want to cripple the team financially because of 1 player. They have that with A-Rod right now. Why make the same mistake twice? If Cano thinks he can get an Arod time contract then more power to him. I hope some team is stupid enough to do it. The Cardinals made a great decision letting Albert go and the Yankees will be making a great decision letting Cano go, should he want that much. 6 years $132m is what I would off. Take it or leave it.
    The Cardinals are a better run organization than the Yankees. They could afford letting Albert go. They would be making a great decision if they had a top farm system or a Trout or Harper already on the team. Hell they don't even have a 2005/2006 Cano type player on the team.

He's going to get more than 6 for 132. This could have been avoided if they extended him two seasons ago.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    The Cardinals are a better run organization than the Yankees. They could afford letting Albert go. They would be making a great decision if they had a top farm system or a Trout or Harper already on the team. Hell they don't even have a 2005/2006 Cano type player on the team.

He's going to get more than 6 for 132. This could have been avoided if they extended him two seasons ago.
    Boras is not stupid. He would have never allowed Cano to sign any extensions. He knows what he has and will utilize it to squeeze out every penny possible on the FA market next season from MLB clubs.

vCash

David Adams? I understand how good Cano is. I'm a huge fan. We all know the Yankee policy, no extensions. Yes, they messed that up. But they are trying to be smarter going forward and I'm sure they have their opinion of Cano's worth.

vCash
    Weaver and Cargo extended with their teams.

And Boras brought up the idea of extending Cano and was shut down by Cashman. Yankees have no one to blame but themselves.

-Heat fan

vCash
    David Adams? I understand how good Cano is. I'm a huge fan. We all know the Yankee policy, no extensions. Yes, they messed that up. But they are trying to be smarter going forward and I'm sure they have their opinion of Cano's worth.
    If Adams was ready why would they offer Youk 12 mil for a yr.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Adams is seen as a 2B because he's only projected to hit 10-15 HRs annually tho' he has played 3B.
    Conspiracy theory: Yanks aren't mentioning Adams name at either 2B/3B because they see him as the next Yankees 2B--we all know it's not easy dealing with Boras and Cano is already playing the "game"-to maximize his contract.

vCash
    If Adams was ready why would they offer Youk 12 mil for a yr.
    I've read/heard that Adams will be ready by 2014. So signing Youkilis for 1 year has no effect on Adams at all. And Adams wouldnt be playing 3B, he would be replacing Cano.

vCash
    Granted I don't want to see Cano go, nor do I see him going anywhere. Next year Jeter has a player option, he can opt out of his contract and get 3 mil or say in and get 8 mil. We all know he'll opt out in order try to get somewhere in the 12-15 mil range as we've already seen he's just as bad as everyone else--no loyalty and tho he's made millions he wants millions more. ARod is a big question mark, his surgery and age---we don't even know if he'll be back at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Granted I don't want to see Cano go, nor do I see him going anywhere. Next year Jeter has a player option, he can opt out of his contract and get 3 mil or say in and get 8 mil. We all know he'll opt out in order try to get somewhere in the 12-15 mil range as we've already seen he's just as bad as everyone else--no loyalty and tho he's made millions he wants millions more. ARod is a big question mark, his surgery and age---we don't even know if he'll be back at all.
    I wouldnt give Jeter 12-15 mil.

vCash
    I wouldn't either,but if you think about it, he can opt out get his 3 mil. Get an offer of 9-10 mil. From another team and when the Yanks match-he'll end up costing us 12 mil.

vCash
    I've read/heard that Adams will be ready by 2014. So signing Youkilis for 1 year has no effect on Adams at all. And Adams wouldnt be playing 3B, he would be replacing Cano.
    Adams is 25 yrs old if he isn't ready this yr then when will he be. By all accounts there is nothing else for him to do in the mL. If Youk isn't sign and they don't make a trade there is a good chance Adams is platooning with Joseph at 3rd.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Adams is 25 yrs old if he isn't ready this yr then when will he be. By all accounts there is nothing else for him to do in the mL. If Youk isn't sign and they don't make a trade there is a good chance Adams is platooning with Joseph at 3rd.
    Honestly, I've played countless scenarios over in my mind and its driving me a little nuts. Cashman and Co. have their work cut out for them. But I am totally against giving Cano a mega deal. It will cripple the franchise and we'll be in this position again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I wouldn't either,but if you think about it, he can opt out get his 3 mil. Get an offer of 9-10 mil. From another team and when the Yanks match-he'll end up costing us 12 mil.
    I would hope they can work something out that makes sense for both sides. I would totally hate seeing Jeter in another uniform. I can't even imagine it.

vCash
    We can only dream of what could be, love the post of deals like-- Grandy to Texas for Olt(3B), Martin(CF) and Perez(LHP) and Cano to the Dodgers for Billingsley(RHP), Gordon(SS) and Puig(OF).
    Just saw Texas Dealt Young and his 16 mil. Contract to the Phills for nothing special--- but it cleared 16 mil. Hmmm!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast