Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cano Situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Probably not, unless it is a contending team that would also like the security of extending him before another team can sign him.

Oh please. They could care less. And by 2014, there will only be 6-7 players from 2013. Everyone else is a free agent after 2013.
    Lol they could care less? Are ppl forgetting the players on the team that got their panties in a bunch when Generation Trey was struggling. Do ppl for how unsettling it was for those players to miss the playoffs. If they traded Cano and brought in Hamilton they probably wouldn't care but anything short of that and they wouldn't be happy about it. Andy and Mo didn't re-sign in order to see the best player on the team get traded for minor league players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I've said it before. I would have rather extended Granderson and Swisher vs. losing those 2 and keeping Cano.

We just let our second best offensive player walk. What do the players think about that?
    The second best still isn't the best on team. Besides you don't think the players are wondering who is going to catch or play RF. When guys get into their 30s the just want to win nothing else. The last thing they want to do is rebuild.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Trade Cano, sign Hamilton for 3 or 4 years. Better than the 6-7 Cano is likely to get. We still have a monster offensive player. And if we get some viable 3rd base option for Cano, we're good.

vCash
    via RAB:

Report: Cano will not give Yankees a hometown discount
    By Mike Axisa

This is not terribly surprising, but Mark Feinsand and Christian Red are reporting that Robinson Cano will not give the Yankees a hometown discount with his next contract. In fact, one source indicated he may seek an Alex Rodriguez-type contract. “He knows he’s the best player on the Yankees,” said the source. “There’s no reason for him not to be paid that way.”

Cano, 30, hit .313/.379/.550 (150 wRC+) this season and set career-highs in a number of offensive categories. He finished in the top six of the MVP voting for the third straight year and played at least 159 games for the sixth straight year. The current records for second base contracts are $15M annually (Cano and Ian Kinsler) and $85M total (Chase Utley), but Robbie is probably going to double that latter number. There’s no way he’ll get an A-Rod contract since all of baseball is looking at that albatross and laughing at the Yankees, but Cano didn’t hire Scott Boras last year to take any kind of discount.
    It's like deja-vu all over again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    via RAB:

It's like deja-vu all over again...
    let him go, He's going to want $25m per for at least 7 years.

David wright got $19m per and has better career numbers.

5/100m is as far as I'd go with Cano, and thats not gonna do it, so trade him. He's not an elite all around player, just a great hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    let him go, He's going to want $25m per for at least 7 years.

David wright got $19m per and has better career numbers.

5/100m is as far as I'd go with Cano, and thats not gonna do it, so trade him. He's not an elite all around player, just a great hitter.
    No he doesn't

He's more than just a great hitter.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    I'm still trying to figure out a team that would be interested in him. Dodgers maybe? I dont see a non-contending team willing to part with top specs for a year of Cano. Trading him will be difficult, should they try. I hope he is traded though. F him and his stupid contract he's wanting.

vCash
    Yea F Cano for wanting to get paid.

Yankees: Hey Robbie Yes we paid Jeter, Damon, A-rod, Tex, Aj, CC, and a number of other players but we have no money to pay you. Yes yes we did bid against ourselves with Alex but we have no money sorry pal.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    Yea F Cano for wanting to get paid.

Yankees: Hey Robbie Yes we paid Jeter, Damon, A-rod, Tex, Aj, CC, and a number of other players but we have no money to pay you. Yes yes we did bid against ourselves with Alex but we have no money sorry pal.
    You would give Cano a contract similar to A-Rods? Seriously? 4 years from now it would be biting the Yankees in the ***. I wouldnt compare Jeters past contracts to Cano, they are two different players. Cano is lazy. Damon never asked for a 8-10 year contract. He got 4 years 52m.

Cano isn't worth the contract Boras will want. End of story. If Robbie cant survive with a $120 million dollars there is something wrong with him.

vCash
    No he doesn't

He's more than just a great hitter.
    Wright/Cano

AVG .301/.308
    OBP .381/.351
    SLG .506/.503
    OPS .887/.854

Average year Wright .301/23/91 18sb in 11 less games per season.

Average year Cano .308/22/89 4sb

How does Wright not have better career numbers? He beats him in pretty much every category except BA and even that is very close.

Sorry, but Cano is becoming overrated here. He's NOT a great all around player, doesn't get on base at a high clip, doesn't steal bases, and as a lefty in yankee stadium he's only hit 30hr's ONCE. He's never had a season anywhere near like ARod, Cabrera, Pujols...etc... Those are the guys that should command the type of deal he's looking to get.

Wright has achieved those numbers as a righty in a pitchers park.

Seems people around here want another Arod situation.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 12-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out a team that would be interested in him. Dodgers maybe? I dont see a non-contending team willing to part with top specs for a year of Cano. Trading him will be difficult, should they try. I hope he is traded though. F him and his stupid contract he's wanting.
    No it wont, getting good value will be.

vCash
    Where did I say I would give him a contract as long as A-rod.

Cano is so lazy that he's the best player on the team. How is that possible lol.

No one said he can't survive on 120. Besides what a player wants isn't always what they end up with. When Tex hit the market he was looking for a deal over 200 million but he didn't get it. Hell Reyes wanted Crawford money but didn't get it either.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    No it wont, getting good value will be.
    Again, meaning trading him will be difficult. Goes without saying bud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Wright/Cano

AVG .301/.308
    OBP .381/.351
    SLG .506/.503
    OPS .887/.854

Average year Wright .301/23/91 18sb

Average year Cano .308/22/89 4sb

How does Wright not have better career numbers? He beats him in pretty much every category except BA and even that is very close.

Sorry, but Cano is becoming overrated here. He's NOT a great all around player, doesn't get on base at a high clip, doesn't steal bases, and as a lefty in yankee stadium he's only hit 30hr's ONCE. He's never had a season anywhere near like ARod, Cabrera, Pujols...etc... Those are the guys that should command the type of deal he's looking to get.

Wright has achieved those numbers as a righty in a pitchers park.

Seems people around here want another Arod situation.
    Lol Wright hasn't achieved great numbers since they played in Shea. From 05-08 David Wright blows Cano out of the water but in the last 4 yrs it's not even close. Cano crushes Wright.

My point is the numbers are close between the two.

No ppl around here just don't want to see the best player on the team leave because the owners want to line their pockets with money. I would go 6-7 yrs with Cano at 170 million.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Lol Wright hasn't achieved great numbers since they played in Shea. From 05-08 David Wright blows Cano out of the water but in the last 4 yrs it's not even close. Cano crushes Wright.

No ppl around here just don't want to see the best player on the team leave because the owners want to line their pockets with money. I would go 6-7 yrs with Cano at 170 million.
    No you said flat out Wrights career numbers were not better.

And you can argue that Wright had a better year last year while playing in Citifield. Not sure what you mean by he hasn't achieved great number since Shea, because he had a damn good year last season.

Regardless, they ARE close, that we can agree on. That's why I'm not going to give Cano much more than Wright got.

vCash

I think its more the owners dont want to cripple the team financially because of 1 player. They have that with A-Rod right now. Why make the same mistake twice? If Cano thinks he can get an Arod time contract then more power to him. I hope some team is stupid enough to do it. The Cardinals made a great decision letting Albert go and the Yankees will be making a great decision letting Cano go, should he want that much. 6 years $132m is what I would off. Take it or leave it.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast