Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    Looks like Toronto wants to take the AL East this season, at the least.

They've got a great squad, that's for sure. I would think they might need to upgrade their bullpen a tad if they look to get deep into the playoffs. They've probably got one of the deepest lineups and rotation in the American League.

Reyes
    Bonifacio
    M. Cabrera
    Bautista
    Encarnacion
    Lind
    Lawrie
    Rasmus
    Arencibia

That's a tremendous lineup and a rotation of Johnson, Buehrle, Dickey, Romero and Morrow is studly as well.
    The Jays have a good pen, on paper. They were also missing their closer all of last season and once again Casey Janssen proved himself. The Jays are deep everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    You gotta trade talent to acquire talent. He may not look it but bottom line is Dickey has been one of the better pitchers in baseball for the past 3 seasons. For everyone saying the move to the AL will kill him, how'd that work out for Sanchez and Kuroda? Yes he's 38, but its unlikely that he won't experience too drastic of a decline due to his lack of wear and tear and pitch style.
    I'll reiterate that I really like R.A. Dickey and throughout the past couple of weeks of rumors I said I really wanted him as a Blue Jay. Throughout this whole period I've also said that D'Arnaud is too high a price. You can't simply dismiss the price of acquiring splashy talent. Dayton Moore did that.

vCash
    Texas fans will cry in outrage that we didn't get this guy either. But if TDA/ top spec in baseball is the price, then once again I'm glad our front office showed restraint.

vCash
    The Jays are gambling (if the rumor of TDA being included is true) that Dickey can pitch like a top 15 pitcher this upcoming year and top 30-35 for the remainder of his contract. To get a pitcher of that quality for 3 years, you're going to have to give up a top prospect or two. Telling you honestly, I think Dickey can produce at that level. He's adding to his arsenal. I believe this year if he is in Toronto (or wherever) you'll see a changeup used more frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    I would like to know the names of the other players involved.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    If its tda and gose straight up for dickey then i dont like it. I really want ra but that is steep
    Sens Raps Jays

vCash
    Looks like this should at least calm the AA is the greast ever nonsense these forums have had to deal with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    so what does the Jays rotation look like?
    Dickey/ Morrow/ Johnson/ Buehrle/ Romero/ ?
    does it really matter having 2 LH pitchers together?
    If i were a manager I'd prefer to split them up, for sure. You never wanna get the other team used to anything. My rotation would be:

Morrow
    Romero
    Dickey
    Johnson
    Buehrle

You gotta keep in mind when it flips, you'll have Buehrle and Morrow on back-to-backs so it works out. You go hard right hander,hard lefty,knuckleballer,hard righty,soft lefty and when it flips, back to a hard righty. Romero may not deserve to be slotted that high or Johnson that low but once the season gets going, who cares. In this scenario the opposition will never face a similar pitcher two days in a row.

vCash
    the Jays are going all in with this Dickey. there is a risk here, and no protection. I hope this doesn't explode and create a mess.
    I want to be excited about the possibilities of a World Series in 2013, but it's probably too soon. don't need to get prematurely excited.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    The Jays have a good pen, on paper. They were also missing their closer all of last season and once again Casey Janssen proved himself. The Jays are deep everywhere.
    Yeah, not too well versed on their bullpen. Have always been a fan of Janssen though. Hoped he was coming in the Wells-Napoli deal.

I think they'll probably make a few additions, or move Happ to the 'pen to replace Oliver if he decides to retire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    Yeah, not too well versed on their bullpen. Have always been a fan of Janssen though. Hoped he was coming in the Wells-Napoli deal.

I think they'll probably make a few additions, or move Happ to the 'pen to replace Oliver if he decides to retire.
    In theory the Jays have 2 closers now, Santos got injured then Casey came in and did great.

This season we have Santos and Casey locking up the 8th and 9th innings, though i'm not sure how Santos will fare to be honest.

vCash
    Is d'Arnaud seriously the "real deal"? Not a Mets fan, and dont follow too much of the minors, just curious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jim51990 View Post
    Looks like this should at least calm the AA is the greast ever nonsense these forums have had to deal with
    What a well thought out post. So if the Jays win the world series, what do you think then? isn't that the ultimate goal? This team hasn't made the playoffs in twenty ****ing years. It is funny though, I've seen a few people suggest that he's in panic mode, for some odd reason. Meanwhile, in reality, AA has said from day one when he was given the position, his plan is to-

1-Load up the farm
    2-Acquire cost controlled players
    3-Deal the prospects for proven players

This has always been the plan, he's simply executing it. He's taken a team that already had Romero,Morrow,Bautista,Encarnacion,Lawrie,Janssen, Santos etc and in just a few months added Cabrera,Bonafacio,Reyes,Buehrle,Josh Johnson and possibly R.A Dickey. If I'm a fan of another team, I'm jealous. In just a few years this GM has turned his assets into a contender. I love having a GM this active, even if I don't always agree with the deals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jim51990 View Post
    If the Jays win the Campionship next year those AA is the greatest ever will return lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    What a well thought out post. So if the Jays win the world series, what do you think then? isn't that the ultimate goal? This team hasn't made the playoffs in twenty ****ing years. It is funny though, I've seen a few people suggest that he's in panic mode, for some odd reason. Meanwhile, in reality, AA has said from day one when he was given the position, his plan is to-

1-Load up the farm
    2-Acquire cost controlled players
    3-Deal the prospects for proven players

This has always been the plan, he's simply executing it. He's taken a team that already had Romero,Morrow,Bautista,Encarnacion,Lawrie,Janssen, Santos etc and in just a few months added Cabrera,Bonafacio,Reyes,Buehrle,Josh Johnson and possibly R.A Dickey. If I'm a fan of another team, I'm jealous. In just a few years this GM has turned his assets into a contender. I love having a GM this active, even if I don't always agree with the deals.
    Agree 100%. The Blue Jays see a chance to serioulsy contend and are taking it. People act like prospects are guarantees. Well, they're not, especially in baseball. As a Met fan I wish our FO pulled the trigger on some deals with guys like Lastings Milledge, etc. You never know when your next window of success is gonna be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast