Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    uhh just no
    Yeah Lester, Buchholtz, Lackey and Dempster is better right?
    Last edited by StayOnBoard; 12-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    My wishful thinking Mets fan thinks D'Arnaud has to be headed to the Mets, because I think the Mets would rather take a Olt package from TEX over any possible Jays package not including TDA
    but Daniels said that Olt was never offered up for Dickey

vCash
    If TDA is involved then it will be another big trade. I can't see a Dickey for TDA deal straight up more like TDA-Gose/Rasmus for Ike Davis and Dickey something along the lines of that maybe some other low level spec's being swap in the mix.

vCash
    I think if you traded Morrow and Johnson you could have gotten that same deal (maybe even more the way AA works), and that would be pretty damn good since JJ only has a year, but again that only works if you make the marlin trade in the first place.
    Yeah I don't see that being a good deal at all.

Do you have high ceiling pitching prospects that are basically MLB ready? I actually don't know. Bauer is like 21 with crazy stuff and has already pitched in the MLB. What it took to get him was a bum ss spec, a bum 1B spec, and a reliever that is bum as well.
    Not major league ready, but Snydergaard and Sanchez are about 2 years away and they're considered to be top of the rotation arms. Not that I'm pencilling them in for 2014 or 2015, but since you asked those would be the 2 I point too.

Cabrera is younger and has a better contract than Reyes, and has comparable offensive numbers to Reyes, which means something when Reyes's D has been declining.
    Sure, they have comparable offensive numbers. But pointing out Reyes D is laughable when Cabrera was -9, -11.8 and -7.2 the past 3 years. Not to mention the base running and speed edge that Reyes has.

It's not even close.

Justin Upton is much better than Melky and is still very young
    Yes, Upton is better than Cabrera if he hits to his ceiling. No guarantee that happens. And as I pointed out last time, that you conveniently ignored, Upton would cost a lot more in prospects and guaranteed salary. All Cabrera cost was 16M. Given the resources it would take to acquire Upton, both in prospects and $$, Cabrera was a no brainer upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    While I would agree, Dickey and Melky aren't "injury risk" I see them both, with Edwin Encarnacion, in that "other" category of volatility. Last year was the first year of Dickey being a true ace caliber pitcher.
    So the 208 inning 3.28 ERA season (2011) wasn't a true ace caliber pitcher? Knuckleballers ERA generally > FIP, so I don't know if I'd agree with your argument. He's now running on 600+ innings with a 2.95 ERA since 2010. He's been a legit ace for a while now. Everyone else is just finally realizing it.

What if it was a simple fluke at age 37? Melky, what if coming off of the HGH makes him go back to normal? Edwin regresses?
    He must have been fluking it from age 35-37 then, cause as I said he's been dominant for a while now. As for Cabrera, he doesn't need to hit like he did last year or even 2011. A 100 wRC+ would justify the contract, and if he hits better than that I'm happy.

We can argue about EE all day. I'd lean towards a slight regression, sure. But nothing really stands out to say it's a fluke. The K% dropped compared to his career, the BB% was crazy high, the power was outstanding, and as recently as 2010 he had a 237 ISO (277 in 2012). I'm not disputing your argument on the volatility here (or on Cabrera), I'd just lean towards it being a breakout seeing as no one stat looks like it's a fluke or luck.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Yeah Lester, Buchholtz, Lackey and Dempster is better right?

And yes, the Giants would still have a better rotation most likely but the Jays rotation would be pretty ****ing dominant.
    Did I ****ing say that? NO

Nats, Giants, Tigers to name a few
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceUpperCut View Post
    If TDA is involved then it will be another big trade. I can't see a Dickey for TDA deal straight up more like TDA-Gose/Rasmus for Ike Davis and Dickey something along the lines of that maybe some other low level spec's being swap in the mix.
    Please just stop....The Mets are trying to trade for offense. Why would they give up their best power hitter.

Ike Davis is out of the question. Not my opinion it's a fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan View Post
    but Daniels said that Olt was never offered up for Dickey
    Probably a cover up. No way Texas doesn't pull the trigger on a Olt for Dickey deal. All the reports were saying it was the Mets who were asking for more (Olt +...)

vCash
    Please just stop....The Mets are trying to trade for offense. Why would they give up their best power hitter.

Ike Davis is out of the question. Not my opinion it's a fact.
    Like TDA with the Jays?

Like Blue Jays don't really know what's what with what's going on, niether do Mets fans, for all you know AA sweetened the pot enough to get Ike Davis and RA Dickey.

vCash
    Did I ****ing say that? NO

Nats, Giants, Tigers to name a few
    Nope you didn't, I just like watching you rage out and I figured that'd do the trick.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Like TDA with the Jays?

Like Blue Jays don't really know what's what with what's going on, niether do Mets fans, for all you know AA sweetened the pot enough to get Ike Davis and RA Dickey.
    If you think Ike Davis name has been brought up once in any of the Mets trade discussions than you are clueless about the Mets.

Mets: Need power, need position players, need to get younger, can't spend a lot of money

Ike Davis: Cheap, young, under contract, 30 HR hitter, gold glove caliber fielder.

C'mon stop being ridiculous.

vCash
    Brad Holt for JDA?

vCash
    If you think Ike Davis name has been brought up once in any of the Mets trade discussions than you are clueless about the Mets.

Mets: Need power, need position players, need to get younger, can't spend a lot of money

Ike Davis: Cheap, young, under contract, 30 HR hitter, gold glove caliber fielder.

Cool you're obviously in the front office. Can you give us some details on the current situation?

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash

To be honest, Davis could be involved, Santana could also be involved! Until this trade is final, we have no clue on who's being talked about between Sanndy and AA!
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Besides Dickey and TDA
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Brad Holt for JDA?
    Is that some mutated baby made from JP Arencibia and Travis d'Arnaud? If that's the case, I don't see why not.

Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast