Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    he looks like russel crowe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    It's not confirmed that it would be JPA...
    Here on our local stations they are saying its rumored to be JPA and Gose.
    No way in hell our GM ever gets that desperate to trading TDA.

TDA, Gose and Drabek were the pieces we got for the Doc and every Toronto fan knows that. Trading 2 of them for a 38 year old Dickey, would make people scratch their heads wondering why wouldn't we have just kept the younger Doc.

Not to mention if we trade TDA then you can damn sure bet every great piece you have is coming back to us

He worked so hard to build our farm, he wouldn't turn around and just give most of it away in one offseason.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    John Perrotto ‏@jperrotto
    Am told #BlueJays will not give up Travis d'Arnaud in any trade with #Mets for R.A. Dickey
    usa today writer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    TDA, Gose and Drabek were the pieces we got for the Doc and every Toronto fan knows that. Trading 2 of them for a 38 year old Dickey, would make people scratch their heads wondering why wouldn't we have just kept the younger Doc.
    No it wouldn't. Halladay had 1 year remaining on his contract at the end of the 2009 season and let the front office (JP Ricciardi at the time) know that he would not be resigning because Ricciardi had failed to make the team a contender over the nearly decade he had the opportunity to do so.

That being said, D'Arnaud's name being floated around is absurd.

vCash
    if he does come to Toronto, I think it Gose would be the centre piece of the deal. I'm certain it will not be JPA and Gose. It'll be a similar package to the one Philly sent Houston in the Roy Oswalt deal a few years back.
    Last edited by a_roid_3333; 12-14-2012 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    No it wouldn't. Halladay had 1 year remaining on his contract at the end of the 2009 season and let the front office (JP Ricciardi at the time) know that he would not be resigning because Ricciardi had failed to make the team a contender over the nearly decade he had the opportunity to do so.

That being said, D'Arnaud's name being floated around is absurd.
    I might not be remembering it correctly, but didn't Halladay negotiate a contract extension with the Phillies before the trade was done? that makes a big difference.
    if Dickey was to sign an extension with the Jays, they should be giving up more. but not without an extension.

pretty much every team can have question marks and risks going into a season.

I also don't really consider Dickey's low salary for 2013 to be that much of a difference for the Jays concerns. that could be something better for your smaller payroll teams.

looks like the Orioles are out.
    According to industry sources, while the Orioles have talked to the Mets about R.A. Dickey, they are not considered a fit to acquire the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner.
    The O's won't part with prized right-hander Dylan Bundy, and they don't have top prospects in the outfield or at catcher, which are the areas the Mets are looking to upgrade. The Blue Jays remain the frontrunners to land Dickey, but the Angels have also been mentioned as a potential suitor.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    If the Mets are willing to wait on a catcher to develop, I could see A.J. Jiminez put in a deal with Gose, he would have probably started in AAA next year if it wasn't for TJ surgery, and with his path blocked by d'Arnaud and JP, he could be a useful trading chip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    That's a fair argument, but I personally don't see R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle, Melky Cabrera as above average injury risk. I understand why people think Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes are injury prone but last season both were pretty sturdy. Johnson started 31 games and Reyes played in 160 games and both performed pretty well in those games.
    While I would agree, Dickey and Melky aren't "injury risk" I see them both, with Edwin Encarnacion, in that "other" category of volatility. Last year was the first year of Dickey being a true ace caliber pitcher. What if it was a simple fluke at age 37? Melky, what if coming off of the HGH makes him go back to normal? Edwin regresses?

Like I said, I'm not saying it will happen, but there's a ton of volatility on the Jays. They could be as good as anyone, or, as some said, finish in fourth. I'll be rooting for them, that's for certain.
    mikeOLT!

There's no "I" in "win"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    usa today writer
    Nor should they....I miss him

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Nor should they....I miss him
    we miss Roy too

vCash
    I honestly still do not think the Mets will get much for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    we miss Roy too
    Yea really cant complain....It was a win/win deal for both sides.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    travis d'arnaud was heavily discussed w/ toronto as well as arencibia. hearing #mets may be landing d'arnaud. unconfirmed

vCash
    If the Jays get Dickey, that's possibly the best team in Baseball overall imo.

Of course there's alot of question marks so things could go south as well.

But.

In no order in pitching an hitting...

Dickey
    JJ
    Morrow
    Romero
    Burhle

Reyes
    Melky
    Bautista
    EE
    Lawrie
    TDA
    Ramsus
    Lind
    Bonifacio

How mant teams can match up to that starting pitching AND lineup on paper?

Though I wish the Jays could upgrade on Lind but what can you do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    travis d'arnaud was heavily discussed w/ toronto as well as arencibia. hearing #mets may be landing d'arnaud. unconfirmed
    Please no.... TDA is not worth it.

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast