Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Some of the arguments being made here are hilarious..

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't good. He just doesn't scare me like some other pitcher do.
    as long as he gets hitters out which he does, who gives a **** if he scares you or not

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    I don't think the Mets should get an elite difference maker. Dickey only has 1 year left on his contract. for now he's a rental. Gose has some pretty good high level potential in the future.

don't expect anything tonight.
    Anthony DiComo of MLB.com was told by "two people involved" not to expect any resolution involving R.A. Dickey on Friday.
    Multiple reports have indicated that the Blue Jays are the frontrunners to land Dickey, but it appears he'll remain with the Mets for at least one more day. The Rangers are reportedly out of the bidding while the Angels and Orioles have been mentioned as potential suitors.

Velvet Sky. hottest woman in wrestling

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't think the Mets should get an elite difference maker. Dickey only has 1 year left on his contract. for now he's a rental. Gose has some pretty good high level potential in the future.

He's a good player for 5 million. Even with 1 year left that's 5 million dollars for a Cy Young winner.

vCash
    hahahaha I love all the Boston haters! Keep em coming boys....!

"Your team won't jel"

"All your starters are old/injured"

"Reyes isn't that good"

If the opposite happened and these guys were traded to Boston you'd already have the parade route blocked off

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

They wouldn't work out a trade without those 2 extra years on a new deal with the Blue Jays.

vCash
    Im actually blown away by all the but hurt red sox fans hahaha.

vCash
    **** I don't know how to react to this, I love sending JPA but sending Gose hurts because I have high hopes for the kid still. I know you have to live a little to get a little but its tough.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    One thing this brings up is that if the Mets' first intent all along has been to deal Dickey, then criticism of Alderson for not making other moves is baseless because clearly he was waiting to see what if anything transpired with R.A. and what players he might receive in return. Part of that also required the market to open up after free agents like Greinke and Sanchez, et. al. were under contract.

Bottom line is that the knee jerk reactions to the Mets walking away from the winter meetings without a significant acquisition were premature and intellectually irresponsible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    **** I don't know how to react to this, I love sending JPA but sending Gose hurts because I have high hopes for the kid still. I know you have to live a little to get a little but its tough.
    It's not confirmed that it would be JPA...

vCash
    I'm not certain I'm buying fully into the Jays team right this moment myself, Dickey included. They're very volatile in terms of players with injuries/coming off injury, one year wonder type players, and questionamarks. They're going to be very interesting, but I could see them winning 80 just as soon as I can see them winning 100 depending on how things break.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I'm not certain I'm buying fully into the Jays team right this moment myself, Dickey included. They're very volatile in terms of players with injuries/coming off injury, one year wonder type players, and questionamarks. They're going to be very interesting, but I could see them winning 80 just as soon as I can see them winning 100 depending on how things break.
    As a Jays fan i agree. If we get hit with injuries / bad performance like we did last year, We could very well finish 4th in the division again. But if we somehow get Dickey without losing from the Major league roster, I like our depth and versatility on the bench a lot more than last year. Could be a dominate team or like you said, .500

vCash
    This can used to describe almost (maybe not even almost) any and every quality team in baseball.

I'm not a huge Gose fan, but if the Mets can land D'Arnaud that would be a big deal. Pretty excited to see how this one goes down.

vCash
    That's a fair argument, but I personally don't see R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle, Melky Cabrera as above average injury risk. I understand why people think Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes are injury prone but last season both were pretty sturdy. Johnson started 31 games and Reyes played in 160 games and both performed pretty well in those games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I'm not a huge Gose fan, but if the Mets can land D'Arnaud that would be a big deal.
    That's not going to happen though.

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast