Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

    36 22.93%
  • Royals

    26 16.56%
  • Mets

    20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

    75 47.77%
Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 969
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    I'm hoping DiPoto is talking with the Rays and not the Mets... I like the Rays pitching prospects a lot better.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    5,461
    vCash
    1500
    hopefully the rockies lol

    BRONCOS NEXT LINEBACKER ERA
    C.J MOSLEY + VON MILLER + DANNY TREVATHAN

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    A 4th outfielder, a catcher who has struggled mightily in the majors and is basically a bit over .800 OPS hitter in the PCL, and a 4th or 5th starter? Looks like spare parts to me.
    he was the 4th OF because who was he going to play over? 5 WAR hunter? Or Maybe 10 WAR trout and trumbo was cranking home runs out? who was he supposed to start over?

    Conger is still very young, and except in 2011 never had any real AB's and even then he wasn't given consistent AB's he got some here and some there, i think he can turn into a 2.5-3.5 war catcher.

    Wait who is the 4th or 5th starter? Are you talking about Richards? He was a top 550 prospect and pitched well considering he was brought up on and off during the season and it's his rookie year. HE has the abiltiy to be a good #2.


    Do you live in a world wear if rookies don't immediately come out of the gate guns a blazeing they aren't any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    I'm hoping DiPoto is talking with the Rays and not the Mets... I like the Rays pitching prospects a lot better.
    Not even, they have Chris Archer who only has 2 pitches, that was Santana's problem. The Mets have some pretty good pitching prospects.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,690
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Because your not going to get Olt, Martin and a spec for a 38 year old pitcher with one year left on his deal?

    If the Angels are offering up Trumbo and Bourjos, the Mets should be very interested.
    Trumbo isn't a spare part, but Bourjos is. If the Mets could get Trumbo in a Dickey trade, I'd be pretty happy with that.

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,340
    vCash
    1500
    Astros...

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Trumbo isn't a spare part, but Bourjos is. If the Mets could get Trumbo in a Dickey trade, I'd be pretty happy with that.
    If bourjos is than so is Olt, and why would you want olt if you don't want spare parts.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,399
    vCash
    1500
    The Mets have 3 trading partners as I see it.

    Jays, not likely.

    Angels, depending on Sanchez.

    Texas, depending on Upton.

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,462
    vCash
    1500
    I would much rather get a Anthony Gose package from the Jays for Dickey opposed to a Bourjos package

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,690
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    If bourjos is than so is Olt, and why would you want olt if you don't want spare parts.
    Honestly, I don't really care for Olt. That's other Mets fans that like him. The Rangers have far more interesting guys to me, although I do believe Olt has more value than Bourjos. There is value in the fact that Olt hasn't had the chance to show people yet what he can do in the majors, whereas Bourjos has basically just proven he can't hit without an abnormally high BABIP.

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The Mets have 3 trading partners as I see it.

    Jays, not likely.

    Angels, depending on Sanchez.

    Texas, depending on Upton.
    i don't think the angels were ever really in on anibel sanchez , then again they do a better job of keeping things under raps than anyone

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    YONKERS NEW YORK
    Posts
    66
    vCash
    1500
    i'd say they are going to hold on to him...it seems they arent getting the kind of offers they thought they would and if thats the case no reason to trade him...i have full confidence he will pitch well again next year...knuckle ballers can go into their 40s with ease...i didnt want to trade him to begin with unless it was for a top notch prospect which was unrealistic anyway

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i don't think the angels were ever really in on anibel sanchez , then again they do a better job of keeping things under raps than anyone
    Not necessarily. For all we know there was no negotiations, just a big offer that no other team had come close to. Wasn't the last offer (that was made public) for Hamilton something like $80M/3Y from the Phillies?

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Honestly, I don't really care for Olt. That's other Mets fans that like him. The Rangers have far more interesting guys to me, although I do believe Olt has more value than Bourjos. There is value in the fact that Olt hasn't had the chance to show people yet what he can do in the majors, whereas Bourjos has basically just proven he can't hit without an abnormally high BABIP.
    I don't think there is enough info on bourjos to see what he has really got, and according to his babip he was fairly unlucky last year, considering he is one of the fastest players in the league he should have had a much higher babip, and he has shown growth, because even with his limited AB's he showed an improvement in his OBP/AVG which was 70 pts over, he is still growing and improving.

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,399
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i don't think the angels were ever really in on anibel sanchez , then again they do a better job of keeping things under raps than anyone
    The Angels need to get a quality starter as they haven't really gotten that much better, it's just the Rangers got worse.

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    8,986
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Not necessarily. For all we know there was no negotiations, just a big offer that no other team had come close to. Wasn't the last offer (that was made public) for Hamilton something like $80M/3Y from the Phillies?
    this isn't the only time, there was pujols and wilson last year, and this is true of Arte's regime going back to the vlad signing that came out of no where.

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •