Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm hoping DiPoto is talking with the Rays and not the Mets... I like the Rays pitching prospects a lot better.

vCash
    hopefully the rockies lol

BRONCOS NEXT LINEBACKER ERA
    C.J MOSLEY + VON MILLER + DANNY TREVATHAN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    A 4th outfielder, a catcher who has struggled mightily in the majors and is basically a bit over .800 OPS hitter in the PCL, and a 4th or 5th starter? Looks like spare parts to me.
    he was the 4th OF because who was he going to play over? 5 WAR hunter? Or Maybe 10 WAR trout and trumbo was cranking home runs out? who was he supposed to start over?

Conger is still very young, and except in 2011 never had any real AB's and even then he wasn't given consistent AB's he got some here and some there, i think he can turn into a 2.5-3.5 war catcher.

Wait who is the 4th or 5th starter? Are you talking about Richards? He was a top 550 prospect and pitched well considering he was brought up on and off during the season and it's his rookie year. HE has the abiltiy to be a good #2.

Do you live in a world wear if rookies don't immediately come out of the gate guns a blazeing they aren't any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    I'm hoping DiPoto is talking with the Rays and not the Mets... I like the Rays pitching prospects a lot better.
    Not even, they have Chris Archer who only has 2 pitches, that was Santana's problem. The Mets have some pretty good pitching prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Because your not going to get Olt, Martin and a spec for a 38 year old pitcher with one year left on his deal?

If the Angels are offering up Trumbo and Bourjos, the Mets should be very interested.
    Trumbo isn't a spare part, but Bourjos is. If the Mets could get Trumbo in a Dickey trade, I'd be pretty happy with that.

vCash
    Astros...

vCash
    Trumbo isn't a spare part, but Bourjos is. If the Mets could get Trumbo in a Dickey trade, I'd be pretty happy with that.
    If bourjos is than so is Olt, and why would you want olt if you don't want spare parts.

vCash
    The Mets have 3 trading partners as I see it.

Jays, not likely.

Angels, depending on Sanchez.

Texas, depending on Upton.

vCash
    I would much rather get a Anthony Gose package from the Jays for Dickey opposed to a Bourjos package

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    If bourjos is than so is Olt, and why would you want olt if you don't want spare parts.
    Honestly, I don't really care for Olt. That's other Mets fans that like him. The Rangers have far more interesting guys to me, although I do believe Olt has more value than Bourjos. There is value in the fact that Olt hasn't had the chance to show people yet what he can do in the majors, whereas Bourjos has basically just proven he can't hit without an abnormally high BABIP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    The Mets have 3 trading partners as I see it.

Jays, not likely.

Angels, depending on Sanchez.

Texas, depending on Upton.
    i don't think the angels were ever really in on anibel sanchez , then again they do a better job of keeping things under raps than anyone

vCash
    i'd say they are going to hold on to him...it seems they arent getting the kind of offers they thought they would and if thats the case no reason to trade him...i have full confidence he will pitch well again next year...knuckle ballers can go into their 40s with ease...i didnt want to trade him to begin with unless it was for a top notch prospect which was unrealistic anyway

vCash
    i don't think the angels were ever really in on anibel sanchez , then again they do a better job of keeping things under raps than anyone
    Not necessarily. For all we know there was no negotiations, just a big offer that no other team had come close to. Wasn't the last offer (that was made public) for Hamilton something like $80M/3Y from the Phillies?

vCash
    Honestly, I don't really care for Olt. That's other Mets fans that like him. The Rangers have far more interesting guys to me, although I do believe Olt has more value than Bourjos. There is value in the fact that Olt hasn't had the chance to show people yet what he can do in the majors, whereas Bourjos has basically just proven he can't hit without an abnormally high BABIP.
    I don't think there is enough info on bourjos to see what he has really got, and according to his babip he was fairly unlucky last year, considering he is one of the fastest players in the league he should have had a much higher babip, and he has shown growth, because even with his limited AB's he showed an improvement in his OBP/AVG which was 70 pts over, he is still growing and improving.

vCash
    The Angels need to get a quality starter as they haven't really gotten that much better, it's just the Rangers got worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Not necessarily. For all we know there was no negotiations, just a big offer that no other team had come close to. Wasn't the last offer (that was made public) for Hamilton something like $80M/3Y from the Phillies?
    this isn't the only time, there was pujols and wilson last year, and this is true of Arte's regime going back to the vlad signing that came out of no where.

Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast