Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    But to be honest, in the event that the Jays do actually acquire R.A Dickey. I expect something like this to occur:

Daniel Norris
    JP Arencibia
    Anthony Gose
    Drew Hutchison

for

RA Dickey

Do I want this to happen? No. Again, I really don't want Dickey, but I think something like this may happen.
    That's prob fair

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    But to be honest, in the event that the Jays do actually acquire R.A Dickey. I expect something like this to occur:

Daniel Norris
    JP Arencibia
    Anthony Gose
    Drew Hutchison

for

RA Dickey

Do I want this to happen? No. Again, I really don't want Dickey, but I think something like this may happen.
    And you think it's so far fetched to simply replace Norris and Hutchison for Syndnergaad. It's not.

vCash
    I think the highest the mets will really get in terms of prospects is a #60 or lower + a 100-150 guy. Wouldn't be a bad haul depending on the names, but to say only teams like the rangers, royals, etc have the assets for it is false. MANY teams have the assets (not sure why you wouldn't think teams like the red sox or angels had the assets?) but not many teams are willing to part with much of significance. I'll use the Red Sox as an example seeing I obviously know their system the best. Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes, Owens, etc. would most likely not be moved in such a deal. Guys like Ceccini, Brentz, etc. however could move because they are blocked in the Red Sox system or easily replaceable, However, they aren't bad players and wouldn't be a bad haul for the mets (though I'd rather not trade either of them for Dickey, it's not unreasonable to think one could be involved)

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    I think the highest the mets will really get in terms of prospects is a #60 or lower + a 100-150 guy. Wouldn't be a bad haul depending on the names, but to say only teams like the rangers, royals, etc have the assets for it is false. MANY teams have the assets (not sure why you wouldn't think teams like the red sox or angels had the assets?) but not many teams are willing to part with much of significance. I'll use the Red Sox as an example seeing I obviously know their system the best. Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes, Owens, etc. would most likely not be moved in such a deal. Guys like Ceccini, Brentz, etc. however could move because they are blocked in the Red Sox system or easily replaceable, However, they aren't bad players and wouldn't be a bad haul for the mets (though I'd rather not trade either of them for Dickey, it's not unreasonable to think one could be involved)
    I think the Mets are looking for the teams who would want RA the most.

Plenty of teams have interesting specs but it's also about matching the Mets needs which consist of the OF and the catcher's spot positionally.

We are lucky to have good SP in our minor league system.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-04-2012 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post

Bradley, cecchini and Brentz I could see happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think the Mets are looking for the teams who would most want Dickey.

Plenty of teams have interesting specs but it's also about matching the Mets needs which consist of the OF and the catcher's spot positionally.

We are lucky to have good SP in our minor league system.
    I think the Mets are going to take whatever the best return is. Regardless of position. I think they are looking for high upside prospects projected to be ready late 2013 - early 2014

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Bradley, cecchini and Brentz I could see happening.
    the mets are not getting bradley... lol. ESPECIALLY not with cecchini and brentz too.

Bradley as I said earlier could very well be a top 25 prospect by seasons end. Bradley, Bogaerts or Barnes will not be traded for a 38 year old pitcher with one season of control.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    His FIP over the last 3 year is barely above 3.5...

He's been a good pitcher for the Met since coming over in 2010.

All the peripherals were very good last year too.

The knuckleball has gotten better and better over the last 3 seasons.
    Yes I said his peripherals were good last year.
    His peripherals were not barely over 3.5...

2010: FIP: 3.65, xFIP: 3.75
    2011: FIP: 3.77, xFIP: 3.95
    2012: FIP: 3.27, xFIP: 3.27

So no, the knuckle ball has not been getting better and better each season... he regressed last year. If he has the 2010-2011 peripherals, that's not a TORP, especially in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    On a knuckleballer, yes. Knuckleballers outperform their FIP's. Look it up for yourself.
    I hate knuckle ballers. I honestly don't think he'd fare well in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    No. No. No.

I love Daniel Norris with all my heart, even through he is a religious nut.

JPA + Hutchison for Dickey. Final offer.
    I hate JPA, so farewell lol.

That's prob fair
    Probably, unless AA pulls out the rape button again.

Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    And you think it's so far fetched to simply replace Norris and Hutchison for Syndnergaad. It's not.
    Only because I believe AA thinks Syndegaard is closer then Norris is. The thing with Norris is he's a lefty, and he's sooo dirty but I think the Mets would ask for Norris back before they would ask for Syndegaard personally. I also have a huge mancrush on Syndegaard, so **** off lol.

vCash
    I think the Mets are going to take whatever the best return is. Regardless of position. I think they are looking for high upside prospects projected to be ready late 2013 - early 2014
    Yeah i can see them parting with Dickey for a top pitching prospect but they have specific needs.

That's why the names like Myers and Olt have been thrown around.

vCash
    I don't know the ranger minor league system at all but i wouldn't making a trade that included nelson cruz.the guy can hit
    Last edited by KnIckFaN.2883; 12-04-2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: minor mistake

vCash
    Yes I said his peripherals were good last year.
    His peripherals were not barely over 3.5...

2010: FIP: 3.65, xFIP: 3.75
    2011: FIP: 3.77, xFIP: 3.95
    2012: FIP: 3.27, xFIP: 3.27

So no, the knuckle ball has not been getting better and better each season... he regressed last year. If he has the 2010-2011 peripherals, that's not a TORP, especially in the AL East.
    Cumulatively his FIP over the last 3 years is just above 3.5....

The knuckleball was better in 2011, he had a plantar fascia issue that hampered him throughout the season.

His K/9 rate and BB/9 rate was better in 2011 than it was in 2010, as was his LD%..

The NL East is not a cupcake division either offensively...
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-04-2012 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    i think for the next decade i think the NL east will be one of the best divisions in the league.i can see the braves,nationals,and eventually the mets the be all fighting for the nl east title.

vCash
    Cumulatively his FIP over the last 3 years is just above 3.5....

The knuckleball was better in 2011, he had a plantar fascia issue that hampered him throughout the season.

His K/9 rate and BB/9 rate was better in 2011 than it was in 2010.

The NL East is not a cupcake division either offensively...
    Obviously the cumulative FIP is close to 3.5 because 2011 lowers an average of the 3 so easily..cmon.

I didn't know about that at all, I don't follow the Mets enough to know all the little details.

Right, then his K/9 suddenly escalated, and his HR #s went up too this year, which worries me a **** load.

I know the NL EAst is not a cupcake division offensively, but is the AL East really comparable? So many monster hitters in this division.

vCash
    This thread is going thermonuclear when the Mets trade Dickey for Wil Meyers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Bradley, Brentz, Salty and Cechinni for Dickey and Parnell. Do it

Page 16 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast