Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    Is d'Arnaud seriously the "real deal"? Not a Mets fan, and dont follow too much of the minors, just curious.
    Jeff Passan just described him:

For those unfamiliar with Travis D'Arnaud, he's the best catching prospect in the minor leagues. Big bat/arm, superb makeup. Future star.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    Agree 100%. The Blue Jays see a chance to serioulsy contend and are taking it. People act like prospects are guarantees. Well, they're not, especially in baseball. As a Met fan I wish our FO pulled the trigger on some deals with guys like Lastings Milledge, etc. You never know when your next window of success is gonna be.
    This is a completely wrong interpretation of the argument. I don't know that any player is a sure thing. Sure, people with a track record of success at the highest level have a higher probability of repeating it, but they aren't guarantee's either. The issue isn't with future success, it's with the value of the asset. As a top prospect, I would not have wanted to see D'Arnaud moved for any 38 year old player. I really like R.A. Dickey, but this price is too high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    Yeah, not too well versed on their bullpen. Have always been a fan of Janssen though. Hoped he was coming in the Wells-Napoli deal.

I think they'll probably make a few additions, or move Happ to the 'pen to replace Oliver if he decides to retire.
    AA is constantly adding pen arms, it feels like he adds one every week. Janssen has been one of the best pen arms in baseball for a while now but he gets overlooked. Likely because he's not gonna throw it up there 95+ MPH. Sergio Santos only pitched a dozen innings, maybe less, before he got sidelined the whole year. JA Happ, assuming Dickey comes over would now go to the pen, a great option as the long man. He was at around 10k/9 last season. Brad Lincoln was dealt for, he was an elite arm in the NL. Steve Delabar, in a small sample size of 29 innings, put up 14k/9 and can definitely bring it. The list goes on. If there's one thing our GM has done, it's he's emphasized the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by JOhnnyTHaJet View Post
    Is d'Arnaud seriously the "real deal"? Not a Mets fan, and dont follow too much of the minors, just curious.
    Best catching prospect in baseball, the top prospect in the Jays system, a system that was arguably the best in baseball not long ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Gee whiz. Future star? No. I'm a Jays' fan and he's looks like he'll be a very good player. He doesn't walk too much, strikes out >20% in the minors, and has average to above-average power. He's very mobile behind the plate, a good receiver, but his arm is more average than anything.

He's a high floor type of guy. He should carve out a really nice career and maybe hit a few all-star games. You should expect something like .275-.285, .330, 15-20 HR

Top 10 catcher in all likelihood, but unlikely to be a star in the true sense of the world. I don't want to give that up, I hate JPA's game. I'm not sure if he's worth giving up for Dickey, but let's all stop acting like he's a Buster Posey/Matt Wieters type of prospect.

vCash
    D'Arnaud is a big pickup and it is the type of pickup the Mets are aiming for in a deal for Dickey. I HONESTLY do not see any way in hell the Mets are not getting D'Arnaud back.

Lets just put it this way. After last years failure and Reyes drama and etc. If they give up Dickey for JPA + Gose, expect the Mets to be empty next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Best catching prospect in baseball, the top prospect in the Jays system, a system that was arguably the best in baseball not long ago.
    Appreciate it. I never exactly love hype but looking into his numbers, i see where the appeal is coming from. (Also reading hes a solid defensive prospect to boot)

I'm a big Yankee fan but I'd hope for the Mets to get some great players out of this deal and finally have a team again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    This is a completely wrong interpretation of the argument. I don't know that any player is a sure thing. Sure, people with a track record of success at the highest level have a higher probability of repeating it, but they aren't guarantee's either. The issue isn't with future success, it's with the value of the asset. As a top prospect, I would not have wanted to see D'Arnaud moved for any 38 year old player. I really like R.A. Dickey, but this price is too high.
    We're probably gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Honestly I hope both teams make out in this trade in the long run. Obvously I wanna see my Mets make out well but with Reyes and Dickey in TOR I'll be rooting for them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    We're probably gonna have to agree to disagree on this one. Honestly I hope both teams make out in this trade in the long run. Obvously I wanna see my Mets make out well but with Reyes and Dickey in TOR I'll be rooting for them as well.
    Yeah I don't have anything but the best wishes for D'Arnaud and the Mets too, and I do think that R.A. Dickey will continue to be a productive pitcher. I'm just disappointed that Anthopoulos would make this trade. If they both perform up to expectations, then I think the Mets are clear winners here.

vCash
    Closing this thread. 1000 posts. If someone wants to make another thread, go ahead.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465