Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    While I would agree, Dickey and Melky aren't "injury risk" I see them both, with Edwin Encarnacion, in that "other" category of volatility. Last year was the first year of Dickey being a true ace caliber pitcher. What if it was a simple fluke at age 37? Melky, what if coming off of the HGH makes him go back to normal? Edwin regresses?

Like I said, I'm not saying it will happen, but there's a ton of volatility on the Jays. They could be as good as anyone, or, as some said, finish in fourth. I'll be rooting for them, that's for certain.
    you can honestly say that same **** about every single team in the MLB

Baseball is the most fickle sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    usa today writer
    That would of made no sense for the Jays he is supposed to be better then Arencibia (SP?).

vCash
    travis d'arnaud was heavily discussed w/ toronto as well as arencibia. hearing #mets may be landing d'arnaud. unconfirmed
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...ra-dickey.html

Will be surprised if its just Dickey in the deal if Heyman is correct about d'arnaud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    That would of made no sense for the Jays he is supposed to be better then Arencibia (SP?).
    Yes, it would make no sense for the Blue Jays. D'Arnaud is significantly better than Arencibia. I would be very disappointed if he was traded straight up for Dickey.

vCash

Will be surprised if its just Dickey in the deal if Heyman is correct about d'arnaud.
    Give the Jays David Wright as well as Dickey and i'll feel much better if TDA is in the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    No it wouldn't. Halladay had 1 year remaining on his contract at the end of the 2009 season and let the front office (JP Ricciardi at the time) know that he would not be resigning because Ricciardi had failed to make the team a contender over the nearly decade he had the opportunity to do so.

That being said, D'Arnaud's name being floated around is absurd.
    You may end up being very surprised..... especially when Wil Myers was traded and pitching is at a premium.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash

big if...Heyman is a doorknob

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    You may end up being very surprised..... especially when Wil Myers was traded and pitching is at a premium.
    Surprised is not how I'd characterize it. Frustrated or disappointed would be more accurate.

Dayton Moore is an idiot. I tend to think Alex Anthopoulos is not one.

vCash
    If we get TDA I will be ecstatic.

vCash
    Best 1-5 starting rotation in the Bigs hands down. You're getting 4 pitchers that were aces for their respective clubs. Dickey with NYM, Johnson with Miami, Buerhle with CWS and Morrow with Toronto.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Tda

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    Best 1-5 starting rotation in the Bigs hands down. You're getting 4 pitchers that were aces for their respective clubs. Dickey with NYM, Johnson with Miami, Buerhle with CWS and Morrow with Toronto.
    uhh just no
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

vCash
    If I was the Mets I'd be demanding TDA. You'd be better off just keeping him and getting the compensation if he walks. On the other hand, if I'm Toronto, I want nothing to do with a 38 year old, one year wonder for any of my major leaguers or my top prospects. I don't understand the infatuation with Dickey. I'd be very weary of him.
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

[X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtf View Post
    Surprised is not how I'd characterize it. Frustrated or disappointed would be more accurate.

Dayton Moore is an idiot. I tend to think Alex Anthopoulos is not one.
    I don't disagree with you, but unfortunately I have a bad feeling we're going to trade d'Arnaud in this deal. It's going to hurt - just my feeling, given how expensive pitching has been this offseason.

I know the disappointment but as Jays fans we should also just remember he's just a prospect. He looks like a damn good one and I'd hate the trade from that standpoint but I know Dickey is a sure thing, I can't say the same about d'Arnaud.

Again, I dont disagree with you...

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    My wishful thinking Mets fan thinks D'Arnaud has to be headed to the Mets, because I think the Mets would rather take a Olt package from TEX over any possible Jays package not including TDA

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast