Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where will Dickey end up?

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rangers

36 22.93%
  • Royals

26 16.56%
  • Mets

20 12.74%
  • Other (please state)

75 47.77%
Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    This thread is going to go thermonuclear when the Mets trade Dickey for Wil Meyers.
    From your mouth to god's ears my man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    the mets are not getting bradley... lol. ESPECIALLY not with cecchini and brentz too.

Bradley as I said earlier could very well be a top 25 prospect by seasons end. Bradley, Bogaerts or Barnes will not be traded for a 38 year old pitcher with one season of control.
    I don't think that's very far fetched at all.

Dickey for 4 years is a much better option then greinke or Sanchez for 8 years.

For that reason I think he has more trade value then people think.

Dickey prob has 4 good years left in him before he starts to decline and he would prob sign a 3 year 36 million extension. So that's 4 years of R.A. Dickey for 41 million, who is a knuckleballer that should be very good for that time period. It's notams risky as signing a 30 year old pitcher to an 8 year deal. Its not like he will ever need tommy John cause he doesn't have that tendon in his elbow lol.
    Last edited by Rio40; 12-04-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    Obviously the cumulative FIP is close to 3.5 because 2011 lowers an average of the 3 so easily..cmon.

I didn't know about that at all, I don't follow the Mets enough to know all the little details.

Right, then his K/9 suddenly escalated, and his HR #s went up too this year, which worries me a **** load.

I know the NL EAst is not a cupcake division offensively, but is the AL East really comparable? So many monster hitters in this division.
    He threw more high knuckleballs which led his a higher FB% and home run per FB% (which knuckleballers have a tendency to do in general) but his BB/9 dropped and K's and Swing and miss% went way up due to his better control of the pitch.

Is it possible it took him time to perfect the pitch?

There is good and bad with any pitcher (regardless of how good they are) so yes he will give up more home runs but how much did that affect him last year in how well he pitched overall?

I can't say much when he just won a Cy Young award.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-04-2012 at 12:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    This thread is going thermonuclear when the Mets trade Dickey for Wil Meyers.
    i agree,i would be stoked if the mets could get wil myers or nelson cruz. as long it can improve the team weither this coming year or the year after,i wouldn't mind. I want them to fill the holes where they need to be filled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnIckFaN.2883 View Post
    i agree,i would be stoked if the mets could get wil myers or nelson cruz. as long it can improve the team weither this coming year or the year after,i wouldn't mind. I want them to fill the holes where they need to be filled.
    Sorry dude the mets are rebuilding and will have no interest in Cruz who is 33, subpar defensively and a .265 hitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Bradley, Brentz, Salty and Cechinni for Dickey and Parnell. Do it
    It's risky but I would consider it.

Cecchini would prob be moved to LF

Bradley in Center

Brentz in RF

Literally would solve our OF issues if all pans out.

Problem is I'm not sold on any of those player becoming good MLB players.

High risk, high reward.

Prob need to throw another players in there as well. Duda and Den decker could prob help the deal happen.

vCash
    if the mets are looking to build for the future getting the best catching prospect in the league wouldnt be a bad place to start.TDA,Lind and Gose or Rasmus for dickey and ike davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leafswin2011 View Post
    if the mets are looking to build for the future getting the best catching prospect in the league wouldnt be a bad place to start.TDA,Lind and Gose or Rasmus for dickey and ike davis.
    I would bust a nut if Ike Davis landed in Toronto. He's literally the perfect 1B for our team..

vCash
    But I'm not sure giving up TDA is a good idea at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TO Rapz View Post
    But I'm not sure giving up TDA is a good idea at all.
    I think if Ike and Dickey is in the deal D'Arnaud would have to be in it as well.

vCash
    Guys, should I just stay up for the next 4 hours or so since I have to be up for school anyways lol.

vCash
    **** wrong thread lol.

vCash
    Maybe if AA was brain dead.

You don't trade the best catching prospect in the game for a 38 year old knuckleballer, albeit a reigning CY young.

You look at TIm Wakefield. He pitched till he was 44! You'd think Dickey could do the same, right? He probably could last that long, but if you look at Wakefield's last 5 seasons, he was less-than-stellar. Actually, his last 10 seasons were up-and-down.

Knuckleballers are damn inconsistent, and I wouldn't take a chance, by giving up a top prospect, at a valuable position, for such a risk. A one-year risk.

If the Jays were to give up D'Arnaud, I would expect a much bigger trade, than simply D'Arnaud-Dickey.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Jays get raped in that trade.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Dickey AND Ike Davis for D'Arnaud, Lind(who is trash) and Gose? Get the **** out here, we'd get more in separate packages.

If we would deal both, I want TDA, Snydergaard, and Gose at least.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast