Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

alice in chains - nutshell

just feelin it heavy right now, had to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_601kPxo1lQ
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Bravo...

AIC is my all time fav band.

Nutshell and Down in a Hole have gotten me through some rough times.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Btw check out this tribute vid.

http://youtu.be/lfFtyOpwQkQ
    Don't like me?

vCash
    I love myself some Alice in Chains. One of the best bands from the 90s.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    Down in a Hole
    ooh, that's a good one, just heard it right now after reading ur post
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Love Alice In Chains and love Nutshell. But my favorite AIC song is Sludge Factory.

vCash
    Nutshell was the first AIC song that I ever really fell in love with. It's a classic - that's for sure. I would definitely watch the entire unplugged show if I were reading what I'm saying right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVz2D1xS-0

My favorite AIC song is probably "Don't Follow" "Got Me Wrong" or the aforementioned "Down in a Hole"
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    I know people say Dirt is the best album to come out of the 90's, and it's incredible, but I like Jar of Flies better

vCash
    Rotten Apple is another fantastic song.

Swing On This is catchy. Not as dark as some other songs.

I can't really pick a favorite album. They're each unique in their own way.

BTW if you have never heard of Layne's other band Mad Season you should check it out.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle man View Post
    Nutshell was the first AIC song that I ever really fell in love with. It's a classic - that's for sure. I would definitely watch the entire unplugged show if I were reading what I'm saying right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dVz2D1xS-0

My favorite AIC song is probably "Don't Follow" "Got Me Wrong" or the aforementioned "Down in a Hole"
    Speaking of the unplugged show, there's one particular song that makes me tear up every time. I'll find it and edit this post but its so very evident that Layne is falling apart. He screws up in the song and he looks at Jerry Cantrel for support and he mouths the words "it's ok" or "it's all right" to Layne.

So sad.

Edit: it's sludge factory

http://youtu.be/v9iK4xDnG_g

Layne smiles it off and laughs about it but its gotta be frustrating to forget the lyrics. God I miss this band so much. I'm one of those people that gets so emotional with some songs.
    Last edited by BlackWidow; 12-02-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Love Alice In Chains and love that song. Good share.

vCash
    Sucks that 99% of these threads are about crappy new rap. Need a 90s rock thread.
    Don't like me?

vCash
    Bravo...

AIC is my all time fav band.

Nutshell and Down in a Hole have gotten me through some rough times.
    There was a period of my life where I listened to "Down In A Hole" on repeat A LOT. I'm sure I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for that song, and Metallica's "Unforgiven" and "One".

vCash
    BW... do you like the band "Down"? How 'bout Arms of the Sun? AotS didn't last long, but man, great stuff.

vCash
    Sucks that 99% of these threads are about crappy new rap. Need a 90s rock thread.
    Welcome to the club. There is a thread for non-rap music and there was a favourite 90s songs kicking around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast