Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cardinals in World Baseball Classic 2013

BREAKING: Beltran,M. Cabrera,Cano,A. Gonzalez,Mauer,Molina,Morneau & Wright among 32 players confirmed for 2013 #WBC pic.twitter.com/S3gbR0qO
    Beltran and Molina to play for team Puerto Rico in the WBC. I'm not exactly thrilled those 2 are playing but it should be okay

I figure there could be a few more, figured we could discuss it and more WBC stuff here

vCash
    Jaime Garcia is on the roster for Mexico in the World Baseball Classic. Molina and Beltran will play for Puerto Rico. #stlcards
    Via Rains and Goold.

I personally take huge issue with Garcia, who has complained about injury and reportedly frustrated the organization with his rehabbing being in the WBC.

If he does pitch for Mexico I will be quite unhappy with him not being able to pitch half the season the going to play in exhibitions

vCash
    was about to post this lol

vCash
    im annoyed that Garcia is gonna pitch in the WBC

vCash
    lol. Personally I've loved the WBC the first 2 times through. Really disappointed by U.S. results though.

I wonder if anymore cardinals will be on teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    im annoyed that Garcia is gonna pitch in the WBC
    Me to. I'm a little pissed to be honest. The guy has all kinds of shoulder issues. There were reports that people in the organization weren't happy about his rehabbing and his mental toughness so what's he do? Says he will pitch in an exhibition tournament if he's healthy? Really? I can't think the organization is happy about this either.

Probably not thrilled about Beltran or Molina but probably less a concern

vCash
    Yeah I like the idea of te WBC, but not when my teams players participate lol

vCash
    No Freese or Holliday on team America? wtf
    St. Louis Cardinals
    St. Louis Blues
    Miami Heat
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if mor of them were approached, like Freese and Holliday but declined

vCash
    I'm sure Holliday would decline it anyway. It's a great honor to represent your country but most would rather decline and let the next guy in line go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stlfan544 View Post
    I'm sure Holliday would decline it anyway. It's a great honor to represent your country but most would rather decline and let the next guy in line go.
    That plus he's not exactly a young guy anymore. In 2011 he had a lot of nagging injuries and last year he played in what was it? 156 games? Then add in 11 playoff games? Nearly 170 games played? A man needs his rest.

Sounds bad but in a situation like this he has more responsibility to his team he plays for over team USA. Another great player will take over for him if he were to be asked and declined. The cardinals need him and can't just replace him at the snap of their fingers