Thread: One Hit Wonders

vCash

One Hit Wonders

Kevin Kolb
    Matt Cassell
    Tim tebow
    Matt Flynn

Aaron Rodgers

They all have something in common. They are given the opportunity to start, when the starting qb needs a break, and they all perform extremely well. Except, only one is the real deal. Yet teams place incredible value in these backups and throw a ton of money into their future by signing these guys as franchise qb's. When are organizations going to recognize real talent, and get it right like the packers did? When are gm's going to stop throwing themselves under the bus and being stuck in terrible predicaments with their salary and roster!?
    Last edited by chi-townlove1; 12-07-2012 at 03:33 PM.

vCash
    Not sure the purpose?

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    Kevin Kolb
    Matt Cassell
    Tim tebow

Aaron Rodgers

They all have something in common. They are given the opportunity to start, when the starting qb needs a break, and they all perform extremely well. Except, only one is the real deal. Yet teams place incredible value in these backups and throw a ton of money into their future by signing these guys as franchise qb's. When are organizations going to recognize real talent, and get it right like the packers did? When are gm's going to stop throwing themselves under the bus and being stuck in terrible predicaments with their salary and roster!?
    1. Not sure what your point is exactly
    2. Tebow is in a totally different situation than Cassel and Kolb were. Those two were traded for to be starters and Tebow wasn't.

GM's trade for quarterbacks because they want to win. If they think they're an upgrade over who they have, they go for it. Kind of simple.

vCash
    Matt Flynn

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    dont get this
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Hillis

vCash
    Tebow does not have a ton of money being thrown into his future...

vCash
    Derek Anderson 2007 season

vCash
    Kevin Kolb
    When are organizations going to recognize real talent, and get it right like the packers did? When are gm's going to stop throwing themselves under the bus and being stuck in terrible predicaments with their salary and roster!?

It's happening right now. These teams that traded or signed those QB's mentioned viewed the risk as far less than drafting an unknown and paying the money. The draft changed though. These kids don't get the guaranteed money and are less risky. That wasn't the case when Kolb, Cassell, etc were obtained.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    It's happening right now. These teams that traded or signed those QB's mentioned viewed the risk as far less than drafting an unknown and paying the money. The draft changed though. These kids don't get the guaranteed money and are less risky. That wasn't the case when Kolb, Cassell, etc were obtained.
    Very true, however it was the case for Flynn who I think still got about 10mil guaranteed.

vCash
    Kevin Kolb
    Matt Cassell
    Tim tebow

Aaron Rodgers

No cogent point here really.

There are not enough good QBs to go around. There is no crystal ball. Nobody knows how these guys will turn out, especially you. It isnít about teams learning, unless you believe you know or have some formula.

Why donít you take your eye for talent and tell us what back-up and what college player is a sure thing.

Thanks for playing.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Gabbert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Kevin Kolb
    Matt Cassell
    Tim tebow

Aaron Rodgers

No cogent point here really.

There are not enough good QBs to go around. There is no crystal ball. Nobody knows how these guys will turn out, especially you. It isn’t about teams learning, unless you believe you know or have some formula.

Why don’t you take your eye for talent and tell us what back-up and what college player is a sure thing.

Thanks for playing.
    My point is, when are organizations going to recognize that throwing crazy money at guys who had a good game the previous season is completely messed up. Terrible scouting/management, whatever it may be, is forcing teams into terrible financial situations. Maybe I didn't make a point exactly in my op but I was watching sports center and mike and mike and first take. And just reading information.

The jets for instance, are in such a terrible situation. 3 terrible quarterbacks on the roster. Gave Sanchez big money, brought in tebow and haven't used him but for maybe 30 snaps this year, and are in no financial position this off season to make an attempt at a quarterback.

The raiders, with Carson Palmer, who isn't awful, continue to bring in guys who are either at the end of their career, or had a good previous season, then lock them up and are stuck in a predicament.

Cassell and Kolb, are either starting? Whether they are hurt or not, they came in and subbed in for Brady and Vick and the next season sought out crazy contracts for the type of qb they truly are. They got their deals, and now both of those teams are going to be searching for another qb next season, while paying their possible backups starter money.