Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Barton and Clavar Return From NBADL

The Trail Blazers have assigned rookies Will Barton and Victor Claver to Portland's development league affiliate, the Idaho Stampede.

Barton has played in 16 games for the Blazers this season, averaging 2.6 points and 1.4 rebounds in 8.8 minutes per game. The guard was the 40th pick in the June draft out of Memphis.

Claver, a 6-foot-10 forward from Spain, was selected by the Blazers in the 2009 draft and signed with the team this summer. He has appeared in four games this season, averaging 5.8 minutes with 0.3 points and one rebound per game.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/blazers...5577--nba.html

vCash
    kinda bummed about Barton going down. i liked his spark off the bench

vCash
    Barton getting moved to the NBDL surprises me, but Claver doesn't. It could be good for Barton since he needs to get under control when he's on the floor. Plus, Stotts has made our NBDL affiliate adopt the same playbook and playing style, so he'll be growing in the system. As for Claver, I'm pretty sure he's a bust. Anyone still think Pritchard was an awesome GM?
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Barton getting moved to the NBDL surprises me, but Claver doesn't. It could be good for Barton since he needs to get under control when he's on the floor. Plus, Stotts has made our NBDL affiliate adopt the same playbook and playing style, so he'll be growing in the system. As for Claver, I'm pretty sure he's a bust. Anyone still think Pritchard was an awesome GM?
    altough i agree, you cant know for sure unless you get him in the court 4 or 5 back to back to back ... games and give him a good 20 minutes in each of them, and touches too.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    altough i agree, you cant know for sure unless you get him in the court 4 or 5 back to back to back ... games and give him a good 20 minutes in each of them, and touches too.
    yeah i agree. you have to give people some decent time and touches over s period of time. get a decent sample size

vCash
    ^not that his nbdl debut has been glorious tough..........apparently he is having some issues with his elbow.
    ]

vCash
    I don't think Claver is a bust at all. Way to early to tell. Reminds me of a bigger stronger Rudy F. I think Rudy would of benefited if he played in the right uptempo system i.e. Mike D'Antoni's instead of slow paced McMillan.

I really like Barton, like stated above he needs to get under control and really make better shot selection as well as contribute on defense and rebounding. Once he does those he'll be golden. Sort of reminds me of a Jamal Crawford.

vCash
    + rudy had some internal Fire, Claver is too Passive.

The key to Rudy going to **** ( appart of Mcmillan stupidity) was the Ariza Agression, his back is still bugging him.
    ]

vCash
    nate didnt ruin Rudy that was all Ariza. Rudy had a great rookie year, even setting the record for three pointers

he was never the same after his back was hurt and that killed his shot

vCash
    Maybe I'm being too hard on Claver, but I had much higher expectations when we drafted him. Hopefully he can develop into a solid rotational player, but I'm not sure that is in the cards.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Maybe I'm being too hard on Claver, but I had much higher expectations when we drafted him. Hopefully he can develop into a solid rotational player, but I'm not sure that is in the cards.
    He needs to bulk up to be able to play the Pf position, because he is not quick enough to get away with playing the Sf in the nba.
    ]

vCash
    Trail #Blazers recall G Will Barton and F Victor Claver from the team’s NBA D-League affiliate, the Idaho Stampede.
    that was fast

vCash
    They played 2 games that I know of. Claver looked like **** but Barton did pretty good.

vCash
    Plus Batum and Mathews are expected to miss the Raptors game so a SG/SF and a SF/PF will be needed.