Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I have the same thought. I doubt DA would get another HC position in the league next year (why would a team fire a coach and hire someone with the same record of wins most likely?). So it goes to DA getting a DC job somewhere else. But that team would most likely be a bad team anyways, so why not stay here? If they can give him like a "HC in waiting" position here, give him time to fix the defense while Gruden takes over.

Also searching around Twitter, supposedly someone named Hub Arkush (Publisher and editor of Pro Football Weekly) is the one reporting this. Now it is being said it's for the HC position. No one else is reporting this though.

Some people on there are saying he is announcing it in Chicago (radio maybe) that Gruden is leaving ESPN to coach the Raiders.
    ....and Santa Claus is definitely going to be at MY house Christmas Eve. Can't wait!

vCash
    Still think DA will be back I just don't see RM making this move unless it has something to do with DA's personal issues. Other than that RM and DA will continue to remake the Raiders over the next few seasons... This team is going to look a lot different again next season from a player standpoint we all know that...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    ....and Santa Claus is definitely going to be at MY house Christmas Eve. Can't wait!
    No need for sarcasm. This is a forum. It's a rumor. This is a thread about said rumor. If someone doesn't like the rumor, no one is forcing one to read the thread.

McGOAT

vCash
    No need for sarcasm. This is a forum. It's a rumor. This is a thread about said rumor. If someone doesn't like the rumor, no one is forcing one to read the thread.
    Forum. Do you really think I don't know that this is a forum, that it is a rumor, that this is a thread about said rumor? I expressed my feelings of said rumor by using humor, call it sarcasm if you will. Most know I usually try not to offend anyone here. I think that Gruden coming back next season has about as much chance as my actually nabbing the Easter Bunny. That is MY opinion stated in this forum, in this rumor thread. If I offended I apologize, but recommend you look at things a little differently, take it not only in context, but by whom it is coming from. I could come out blatantly saying "you are full of $^#." But I didn't, I believe I chose the kinder method, hoping maybe to bring a smile to someone's face. Besides it was directed at the so called "source". We good? LOL

vCash
    Even if we lose out, the only remote possibility I see of Gruden coming back is if for some reason D.A. submits his resignation as head coach.

It could happen! ray:
    "There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm." ~Patrick F. McManus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    Still think DA will be back I just don't see RM making this move unless it has something to do with DA's personal issues. Other than that RM and DA will continue to remake the Raiders over the next few seasons... This team is going to look a lot different again next season from a player standpoint we all know that...
    Nice point olddude. This is the first thing that I have read that would make any sense for it happening. Not that I think it would of course, but if DA were willing or NEEDED to step down, or he did something completly wrong and were forced to step down, then it could be a slim possibility.

But I doubt it.
    Last edited by Wolfe-Raider; 12-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    I don't remember seeing a head coach move to coordinator if a new coach is brought in. But then again my memory is spotty at times.
    If Chucky comes back he will coach the team until he finds somebody to take his place then he will move to the front office . I bet he will coach the first 3 years of his return get the raiders back on track then take over the front office but right now you can see it in his eyes he wants to coach .
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

vCash
    Forum. Do you really think I don't know that this is a forum, that it is a rumor, that this is a thread about said rumor? I expressed my feelings of said rumor by using humor, call it sarcasm if you will. Most know I usually try not to offend anyone here. I think that Gruden coming back next season has about as much chance as my actually nabbing the Easter Bunny. That is MY opinion stated in this forum, in this rumor thread. If I offended I apologize, but recommend you look at things a little differently, take it not only in context, but by whom it is coming from. I could come out blatantly saying "you are full of $^#." But I didn't, I believe I chose the kinder method, hoping maybe to bring a smile to someone's face. Besides it was directed at the so called "source". We good? LOL
    Dude now I'm offended.... Please say you're sorry.... LOL hahahaha J/K....

Opps BTW is today the day Black Widow shaves her legs or is that on Thursday??? hahahahahaha
    Last edited by olddude; 12-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Well the "rumor" caught the eye of NBC Sports Pro Football Talk:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bout-a-return/

McGOAT

vCash
    Raiders Offense - TM - Raiders
    According to Hub Arkush of ProFootballWeekly.com, the Raiders "are in talks" with Jon Gruden about a reunion.
    That's a wild one. Aside from some fairly standard comments about being disappointed in the Raiders' rough November, owner Mark Davis has given no indication that coach Dennis Allen's job is in jeopardy. If there's so much as a grain of truth to this rumor, however, Allen's seat must be quite warm. Then again, there's scarcely a job in America Gruden hasn't been connected to since becoming a sensation in the Monday Night Football booth. If he's coming back for 2013, the odds seem extremely thin it's with the Raiders.

Source: Dan Bernstein on Twitter Dec 4 - 8:27 PM

- Rotoworld.com

More spreading of the same rumor.

vCash
    ...........and spreading here....

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-o...69&feedID=2801

vCash

McGOAT

vCash
    This certainly bears watching...who knows, though,

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Paul Gutierrez:

#Raiders talking to #JonGruden about a return to Silver and Blackdom seems pretty far-fetched...for now.

McGOAT

vCash
    Well the "rumor" caught the eye of NBC Sports Pro Football Talk:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bout-a-return/
    If you would have actually READ the link you posted you would see that even CBS believes its a rumor.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast