Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omar Gaither

vCash

Omar Gaither

Okay, I just found out that Omar Gaither will be starting in McClain's place for the next two games. This will give us a chance to see what this guy can do. I looked him up on the internet and I discovered that he started at MLB for the Eagles in his second year. He had 103 tackles and 8 PDs. These are not bad stats. But I would think that he might be better suited on the weakside given his small size. Here's a link to a scouting report on Gaither:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/411036

vCash
    It would not surprise me if he is significantly better...

Simply because when everyone else is doing their job, and some dbag comes along and lets a huge play happen because they don't do their job (McClain), it's deflating to morale.

If he sucks...oh well, we already suck.

vCash
    Lol GDI Eric

vCash
    In recent years it seem's that the late round picks have played better than those overpaid first rounders. Gaither was taken in the 5th round by the Eagles.

vCash
    Don't expect too much. He had good stats, but eagles also sucked against the run. Sure we also suck vs run...and pass...but when you subtract a negative, renaldo mccain or whoever he was you still get a positive.

vCash
    Think kirk Morrison. Had great stats, but gave up some big ones and got pushed around inside due to small size. Saying that seymore and Kelly are better now than warren and Kelly were when Morrison played for us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    Think kirk Morrison. Had great stats, but gave up some big ones and got pushed around inside due to small size. Saying that seymore and Kelly are better now than warren and Kelly were when Morrison played for us
    I think the problem is that we always had 3-tech DTs. We need a real runstuffer and we should take one in next years draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post

BINGO. EXACT comparison i was going to make. I've watched Gaither for years. hes not BAD, but not good either.

People forget that the Eagles were just like the Raiders for YEARS in regards for run defense. Good, good, good, BAM 75 yard run.

BETTER than what we had though, and thats terrible.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    I live near philly. He was a decent lb for eagles, but that was several years back. Looks like his best days are behind him. Also when eagles let a lb go it means he doesnt have much left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Okay, I just found out that Omar Gaither will be starting in McClain's place for the next two games. This will give us a chance to see what this guy can do. I looked him up on the internet and I discovered that he started at MLB for the Eagles in his second year. He had 103 tackles and 8 PDs. These are not bad stats. But I would think that he might be better suited on the weakside given his small size. Here's a link to a scouting report on Gaither:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/411036
    This cbssports report was when he was drafted back in 04, hardly current

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    I live near philly. He was a decent lb for eagles, but that was several years back. Looks like his best days are behind him. Also when eagles let a lb go it means he doesnt have much left.
    The Eagles NEVER had good linebackers under Andy Reid. He, in so many words, basically said its a plug and play position and you don't need "studs." Demeco Ryans trade was HUGE because it was Andy finally admitting he desperately needed LB help.

Decent LB on Eagles doesn't say much. They haven't cared about the position in a decade.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    I just looked at Jasper Brinkley's Yahoo Profile. He's the starting MLB for the Vikings. I wish the Raiders had drafted this guy when they had the chance. I also wish they kept Aaron Curry too.

vCash
    Everyone said Wheeler was garbage too and he looks fine.
    A photo from the stands for C. Woodson's return in Indy.

vCash
    Brinkley was a pretty good player at South Carolina

vCash
    Let's see how this guy works. Might as well have undrafted tryouts as well for those still not on a team. LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast