Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Exactly. He was every bit as dominant and crucial to his team yet he got ZERO mention in the award considerations. If they switch teams then Jones is sitting in New York not Te'o....
    I 100% disagree with this statement. If you flipped stats for the two I believe Jones would've been in New York and not Te'o. If a linebacker pulled those stats in the "Mighty" SEC, ESPN would drool all over him..thus sending him to New York.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Based on what?
    He is the most polished player coming out. He's good at stopping the run. Good in coverage. He's a sure fire tackler. Athletic, smart, can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. There is not a whole lot you can knock the guy for. Who knows how high his stock will rise.

I'll also ask you this... who do would you consider the "most complete" player in that could be in the draft?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctrain07 View Post
    I 100% disagree with this statement. If you flipped stats for the two I believe Jones would've been in New York and not Te'o. If a linebacker pulled those stats in the "Mighty" SEC, ESPN would drool all over him..thus sending him to New York.
    Jones had better stats than Te'o.

vCash
    He is the most polished player coming out. He's good at stopping the run. Good in coverage. He's a sure fire tackler. Athletic, smart, can play in a 4-3 or 3-4. There is not a whole lot you can knock the guy for. Who knows how high his stock will rise.

I'll also ask you this... who do would you consider the "most complete" player in that could be in the draft?
    I've already seen a few draft guru's talking about how Te'o is fast enough for a 4-3 and tough enough for a 3-4. That basically doubles the number of teams that will be interested. Still not sure he goes in the top 5 though.

vCash
    Jones had better stats than Te'o.
    How do you figure?

vCash
    Plus, Alabama ran at Jones all night in the SEC Championship game. He's a one trick pony.

vCash
    How do you figure?
    I already posted them on the previous page of this thread. I think they're pretty self-explanatory.

Plus, Alabama ran at Jones all night in the SEC Championship game. He's a one trick pony.
    They ran at him because they couldn't stop him on the edge. Nick Saban admitted as much multiple times both right after the game and in the postgame conference with the media. He forced a fumble on one of Alabama's first two drives and the Tide pretty much changed their gameplan regarding Jones after that and into the second half.

And that "one trick pony" business is just plain ignorant if you seriously believe that.

vCash
    I already posted them on the previous page of this thread. I think they're pretty self-explanatory.

They ran at him because they couldn't stop him on the edge. Nick Saban admitted as much multiple times both right after the game and in the postgame conference with the media. He forced a fumble on one of Alabama's first two drives and the Tide pretty much changed their gameplan regarding Jones after that and into the second half.

And that "one trick pony" business is just plain ignorant if you seriously believe that.
    If you are a dominate player, a team isn't going to run it at you. He couldn't stop the run. If he was good against the run they would have avoided running to his side. But they didn't have too because they torched him and the Georgia defense.

vCash
    If you are a dominate player, a team isn't going to run it at you. He couldn't stop the run. If he was good against the run they would have avoided running to his side. But they didn't have too because they torched him and the Georgia defense.
    How much football do you watch? Arguably the best way to counter a dominant pass rusher is to run right at him. That's how LSU stopped Clowney earlier in the year. Alabama ran right at Jones because they had no answer for his rush off the edge.

Would Jones be unanimously projected as a top three pick, consistently ahead of Te'o for the record, if he were a "one trick pony?"

vCash
    How much football do you watch? Arguably the best way to counter a dominant pass rusher is to run right at him. That's how LSU stopped Clowney earlier in the year. Alabama ran right at Jones because they had no answer for his rush off the edge.

Would Jones be unanimously projected as a top three pick, consistently ahead of Te'o for the record, if he were a "one trick pony?"
    He's just an edge pass rusher. I dont understand how you dont get that. You know what makes Von Miller so good? He's just as good at getting to the QB as he is at stopping the run. Or you look at a defensive line guy like Watt. The objective of a defensive rush is to stop the run on the way to the QB. He doesn't do that.

And he will go ahead of Te'o more than likely. Everyone is looking for that Aldon Smith/Von Miller type player. Thats how the NFL is geared. Eric Berry was considered the best player coming out of his draft class. But he was a FS and that wasn't worth a 1st pick consideration

vCash
    He's just an edge pass rusher. I dont understand how you dont get that. You know what makes Von Miller so good? He's just as good at getting to the QB as he is at stopping the run. Or you look at a defensive line guy like Watt. The objective of a defensive rush is to stop the run on the way to the QB. He doesn't do that.

And he will go ahead of Te'o more than likely. Everyone is looking for that Aldon Smith/Von Miller type player. Thats how the NFL is geared. Eric Berry was considered the best player coming out of his draft class. But he was a FS and that wasn't worth a 1st pick consideration
    He'll go ahead of Te'o because he's better than Te'o. That's not to say Te'o isn't a great player; he is, but Jones is better and the folks from the pros recognize that.

Maybe Jones is better at rushing the passer than he is at stopping the run but Jones is a better pass-rusher than Te'o is anything. As I posted on the previous page, Jones finished the 2012 season with 12.5 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss. By applying some extremely complex mathematics, we can arrive at the conclusion that Jones finished the year with 10 non-sack tackles behind the line of scrimmage. That's four and a half more than Te'o had. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story at any level of any sport, but it definitely shoots a hole in your claim that Jones is "just an edge pass rusher."

I've far exceeded my limit on defending a Georgia Bulldog so I'll just stop this here. If Bravo sees an injustice in progress, I'll let him take it from here.

vCash
    He'll go ahead of Te'o because he's better than Te'o. That's not to say Te'o isn't a great player; he is, but Jones is better and the folks from the pros recognize that.

Maybe Jones is better at rushing the passer than he is at stopping the run but Jones is a better pass-rusher than Te'o is anything. As I posted on the previous page, Jones finished the 2012 season with 12.5 sacks and 22.5 tackles for loss. By applying some extremely complex mathematics, we can arrive at the conclusion that Jones finished the year with 10 non-sack tackles behind the line of scrimmage. That's four and a half more than Te'o had. Obviously stats don't tell the whole story at any level of any sport, but it definitely shoots a hole in your claim that Jones is "just an edge pass rusher."

I've far exceeded my limit on defending a Georgia Bulldog so I'll just stop this here. If Bravo sees an injustice in progress, I'll let him take it from here.
    Don't you think that a guy who rushes the passer most downs would have more tackles for loss than a guy that often drops into coverage? He's going to have a lot more opportunities than Te'o getting after someone in the backfield. I at the same rate am not trying to discredit anything Jones has accomplished either. I just feel that Te'o is the better player. He has more range than Jones.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345