Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yep.. Watt is a problem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    You can't hold that against Aldon Smith. Watt got to play against that same Bears OL and was a non-factor.
    The beauty about Watt is that he doesn't have to get sacks in order for him to make an impact. Watt is a reason in why Forte was held to 16 first half yards and 39 total for the game. Terrible field conditions and being constantly double teamed factored into him not being able to rush the passer much in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Von Miller for me. He does it all and I am beyond impressed with how much better he has become in pass coverage this year. Also Miller is right on par with Watt in terms of sacks and TFL so I don't see how Watt is so much better. Yes Watt has the pass deflections but Miller also had the huge edge in Forced Fumbles with 4 to Watt's 1. Miller for me.
    lol

Watt has been more consistent. He started last post-season and hasn't slowed down. You obviously forgot what happened in week 3.

Watt 6 tack, 1 ast, 2.5 sacks

Miller 0 tack, 3 ast, 0.0 sacks

Manning's biggest headache in this one was second-year defensive end J.J. Watt, who finished with 2 1/2 sacks and forced a holding call in the third quarter that nullified a 36-yard gain. ... In addition to his 2 1/2 sacks, Watt hit Manning in the backfield three times. ...
    Schaub's final touchdown was a 14-yard pass to tight end Owen Daniels, who was locked in one-on-one coverage against a slower defender, linebacker Von Miller. It gave the Texans a 31-11 lead with 1:33 left in the third quarter - placing the Houston defense in the prevent and Manning into desperation mode.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manning...6990--nfl.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    + a pick 6.
    http://youtu.be/M-MLd1iCY8c

Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    I'll take Aldon over both of them... Watt will come back down to earth, he's playing way above his head.
    He's just getting started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn_lakers View Post
    You mad? Dallas is a better team than Houston right now, so that's what matters. It's funny you say this. So if Dallas is stuck in mediocrity, then what will Houston be?
    Don't be mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    JJ Watt is the defensive player of the year. I can't remember many people that I have seen have such an impact on both the rushing and passing game.

I was watching them play the Titans last week and there was one play where he got double-teamed and literally pushed both the center and guard at least 5 yards into the backfield and got the sack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    The beauty about Watt is that he doesn't have to get sacks in order for him to make an impact. Watt is a reason in why Forte was held to 16 first half yards and 39 total for the game. Terrible field conditions and being constantly double teamed factored into him not being able to rush the passer much in that game.

lol
    Well, it's 5 forced fumbles to 1. As far as forced fumbles are concerned, it's a pretty good size disparity. 6:1 if you want count the pick 6 last week.

Watt 6 tack, 1 ast, 2.5 sacks

Miller 0 tack, 3 ast, 0.0 sacks
    Watt wasn't exactly put up gaudy stats against Chicago or Baltimore, but I do admire you criticizing Miller for a "poor game" and just a few sentences up, you make excuses for why Watt didn't put up great numbers on a specific day.

What's your point here? Miller is slow? 1 play is your argument?

So... When someone wanted to mention Von Miller picking a ball for a TD this year as reason a reason to consider him as a defensive MVP, you bring up something Watt did last year?

Like I've said, I have no problem with anyone thinking Watt is deserving here. That said, both have damn near the same stats with disparities in PDs and turnovers. I also can't stand people talking out their ***.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    I brought up the video in response to another poster to show Watt has done that, in the playoffs.

Disparity, 15 & 15, never been done.

Yeah and you shouldn't have a problem thinking Watt is deserving. If Watt didn't exist Miller would probably be the favorite.

It's Watt's to lose.

Btw, it's not an excuse for Watt's performance. Wade and JJ both said after the game. Wade also said it was the reasoning for Houston not blitzing much. Chicago's o-line is pathetic, im sure you know this. Besides, like I already mentioned, even though he didn't record any sacks he had a solid game considering the circumstances. You would know if you actually watched the game.
    Last edited by SouthSideRookie; 12-06-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    You mad? Dallas is a better team than Houston right now, so that's what matters. It's funny you say this. So if Dallas is stuck in mediocrity, then what will Houston be?
    Don't be mad.
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    LOL!! This shouldn't even be a discussion. No defensive player does for their team what JJ Watt does for the Texans. Some people have him second to Tom Brady in the Mvp race.

For the doubters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mja_0J7rnyE

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Aldon Smith says hi.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Aldon Smith says hi.
    Watt says hello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchfan View Post
    LOL!! This shouldn't even be a discussion. No defensive player does for their team what JJ Watt does for the Texans. Some people have him second to Tom Brady in the Mvp race.

For the doubters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mja_0J7rnyE
    He seems to come up big when the game is on the line. He has single-handedly won games for the Texans.
    Don't be mad.

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Watt has more of a week to week impact than any defensive player. He is easily DPOY at this point.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Aldon Smith says hi.
    one huge week to join the party. Sorry, consistency matters. When you add Watt's sacks, TFL's, QB hits, deflections, and passes defended, his impact is greater than any player on the defensive side of the ball.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    when its all said and done, von miller will win. i know it, its a close race, von, jj, aldon
    Last edited by Denver-boy; 12-06-2012 at 05:41 AM.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    I'd still take Watt over Aldon Smith right now, because of all the deflections that have led to picks. But Smith has been an absolute machine lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    His passes defended. He has "sWatted" 15 pass attempts 3 of which were intercepted. This is where he separates himself from Aldon Smith, Von Miller and other LBs and DLs. The next closest DL to him in PDs is 8 behind him. Add this to the fact that he leads the league in tackles for loss (24) which do not include sacks and is second in Sacks (15.5) and there is no argument. He is the most dominant defensive player in the league right now. No one else has as much impact on the game.

15 PD
    24 TFL
    15.5 Sacks

54.5 plays of 0 or less yards because of him

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/play...ckles-for-loss
    Just throwing this out there, but there is no clear cut winner. Here are some stats for Von and JJ. This thing is VERY close:

Tackles for Loss: Von 24, JJ 27
    Sacks: Von 15, JJ 16.5
    Forced Fumbles: Von 5, JJ 0
    Solo Tackles: Von 44, JJ 49
    Int: Von 1 (pick 6), JJ 0

I would like to see where their QB Hurries are, but can't seem to find it.

One could easily argue that Von's 5 FF and 1 int makes up ground on JJ's PD. More importantly, teams game plan around Von, while teams block scheme around JJ.

There is no clear cut winner at this point.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    This dpoy award is Watt's to lose. He has led the Texans to their 11-1 record. Has Von Miller been clutch? Watt always steps up when the Texans defense needs a stop or a turnover. MVP type players step up at the most oppurtune time. Watt has "0" ints but he has caused 3-4 ints off deflections.. Keep in mind Watt is a interior linemen not a OLB like Miller who gets put in position to make plays..

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast