Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    So due to Watt having more deflections, that makes him better? You do realize Miller plays linebacker, right? He isn't in the middle of the line raising his hands. Not taking anything away from Watt does, but I think you think they're playing the same position.

Playing devil's advocate, what is Watt considerably better than Miller other than deflections? It's certainly not forcing fumbles after sacks or covering or being more versatile as a 2 way player.

If you want to call Watt defensive player of the year, no sweat off my back. However, you are severely overlooking Miller's impact on defense.
    It's not taking anything away from Miller, it's just the difference between the two players' positions. Miller is having an awesome season for a LB. Watt is having an insane season for a 3-4 DE. Watt is tearing through OL's with two other defenders and generating pressure/sacks while still defending the run. Miller (while still impressive) rushes off of edges with the help of four DL in front of him to consume blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    Tough choice between Miller and Watt to me...

I'll go Miller 1a. Watt 1b.... just because the games Watt was supposed to dominate, he didn't. Bears game.
    I know this might sound stupid, but it's hard to even hold that against him when he plays a position that rarely dominates anything.

vCash
    I'll take Aldon over both of them... Watt will come back down to earth, he's playing way above his head.

vCash
    JJ Watt is a game changer. He brings things to the table no other defensive player has EVER brought. He does it all. He is also more valuable to the Texans defense than Miller is to the Broncos.

vCash
    How do you figure?
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    INTERIOR D LINEMAN in a 3-4 defense. Not only is he second in the league with sacks, but almost 1/3 of his deflections end up intercepted. He also leads the team in tackles and has 40 tackles for loss.....Superstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    For those that have Miller ahead of JJ i ask is there any area that Von Miller is considerably better than JJ?
    Coverage.

titties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smuffins353 View Post
    INTERIOR D LINEMAN in a 3-4 defense. Not only is he second in the league with sacks, but almost 1/3 of his deflections end up intercepted. He also leads the team in tackles and has 40 tackles for loss.....Superstar
    Great, your justification to how he's more valuable to the Texans D than Miller is......? You take away Watt, the Texans defense is still great. Miller away from the Broncos D and there's a significant drop. We saw it last year. Also, 3/15 is not almost a third. It's exactly a 5th.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Great, your justification to how he's more valuable to the Texans D than Miller is......? You take away Watt, the Texans defense is still great. Miller away from the Broncos D and there's a significant drop. We saw it last year. Also, 3/15 is not almost a third. It's exactly a 5th.
    he's had 5 tipped passed picked off this year

but idk where he got 40 TFL, i think he's at 28 or something like that
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Between the 3 of Miller, Smith and Watt, all are doing a phenomenal job for their specific roles. Watt is constantly in the passing lanes as a DL and instead of just trying to push forward like most DL will, he knows he still has youth in his legs and uses his jumping ability. It says alot for his intelligence. Miller has been all that was advertised coming out, nothing but respect for him, especially give the cast around him. And then Aldon, have to love your own guy as a Niner fan, most sacks in the first two years of a career, just being mentioned in the same sentence as Bruce Smith and Reggie White just causes tingles. He's even gotten alot better in run support and in rare coverage time has at least shown that he isn't a total liability either. I mean you can't really go wrong with any. If I had to choose tho I would go Watt, Smith, Miller. I only say Miller last because of Smith's current pace to challenge the sack record. Texans fans, your also very welcome for us taking Aldon over Watt, but then on your defense Smith would probably still be pretty nice .

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    he's had 5 tipped passed picked off this year

but idk where he got 40 TFL, i think he's at 28 or something like that
    My fault, the OP said
    He has 'sWatted' 15 pass attempts 3 of which were intercepted.
    So I was just assuming he was right, but it doesn't appear to be the case then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    His passes defended. He has "sWatted" 15 pass attempts 3 of which were intercepted. This is where he separates himself from Aldon Smith, Von Miller and other LBs and DLs. The next closest DL to him in PDs is 8 behind him. Add this to the fact that he leads the league in tackles for loss (24) which do not include sacks and is second in Sacks (15.5) and there is no argument. He is the most dominant defensive player in the league right now. No one else has as much impact on the game.

15 PD
    24 TFL
    15.5 Sacks

54.5 plays of 0 or less yards because of him

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/play...ckles-for-loss
    Because somebody is a homer

vCash
    I honestly think they are both amazing players and it seems like all of us Texans and Broncos fans are a little bias.

I'm enjoying reading what outside fans have to say.

They both play completely different positions so it's really unfair and stupid to compare the 2 statistically. There is no doubt in my mind they are both the MVP's of their teams defenses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGIANTSFAN32 View Post
    Because somebody is a homer
    Dude, Watt IS a beast. All three of them are, but Watt is on another planet this year.

Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

vCash
    My fault, the OP said

So I was just assuming he was right, but it doesn't appear to be the case then.
    its all good. just wanted to make sure both of those miscues on stats were corrected so people didnt get into a big fight about misinformation
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Watt is clearly the best defensive player this year.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast