Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Batman and Robin...lets all pretend that Dumerville is a slouch, im sure he has had hardly any impact on Millers contributions. Not like that guy is a feared pass rusher aswell..

I would never diss Derrick Thomas(im a KC fan) but lets be honest..he played in a system that favored OLBs to get sacks...Denver doesnt have a DE who they are dropping back anytime to play coverage..so alot of times your going to get Miller matched up on a RB, if that...theres generally 4 guys going at the OL and Miller being a 5th..or Dumerville...the way Miller is used, I would expect him to get loads of sacks...

a 3-4 DE just doesnt EVER do what Watt is doing..I dont believe its close at all. thats just my opinion tho..an OLB who has more FFs than a DE is about 100% more common....that should be a guarantee..regardless of sack numbers.

Also, some of Watts PDs are not him jumping at the LOS and getting a hand on it...hes athletic enough to drop into coverage...so if you want the more complete player? Easily Watt...but both as a 2nd year player are doing some amazing things..and are going to have some incredible futures...but its not close to me...Watt is in a tougher position as a 3-4 DE...not an OLB who ALWAYS has the advantage on the outside..but a DE who lines up face to face with OTs and OGs every play...what he is doing, is just unheard of..

BTW, Dumerville has more FF's than Miller, but with less sacks..does that make him a more efficient player? lol

vCash
    von miller all the way....watt is good but he is no miller...
    [IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    The DPOY is Watt's to lose right now. He's doing everything you could ask a D lineman to do and more...

What impresses me about Watt is that he's a very smart player. If protection slides his way and he's not able to get to the QB, he puts his hands up and bats the ball down. Sounds easy enough to remember to do but I give him credit because he could keep his hands down and be taken out of the play.

There's a few players behind him but it's his to lose now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MittyMitch View Post
    Batman and Robin...lets all pretend that Dumerville is a slouch, im sure he has had hardly any impact on Millers contributions. Not like that guy is a feared pass rusher aswell..

I would never diss Derrick Thomas(im a KC fan) but lets be honest..he played in a system that favored OLBs to get sacks...Denver doesnt have a DE who they are dropping back anytime to play coverage..so alot of times your going to get Miller matched up on a RB, if that...theres generally 4 guys going at the OL and Miller being a 5th..or Dumerville...the way Miller is used, I would expect him to get loads of sacks...

a 3-4 DE just doesnt EVER do what Watt is doing..I dont believe its close at all. thats just my opinion tho..an OLB who has more FFs than a DE is about 100% more common....that should be a guarantee..regardless of sack numbers.

Also, some of Watts PDs are not him jumping at the LOS and getting a hand on it...hes athletic enough to drop into coverage...so if you want the more complete player? Easily Watt...but both as a 2nd year player are doing some amazing things..and are going to have some incredible futures...but its not close to me...Watt is in a tougher position as a 3-4 DE...not an OLB who ALWAYS has the advantage on the outside..but a DE who lines up face to face with OTs and OGs every play...what he is doing, is just unheard of..

BTW, Dumerville has more FF's than Miller, but with less sacks..does that make him a more efficient player? lol
    -A chunk of brimstone that rained down from Heaven

"GOD condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into ashes, making them an ensample to those that live ungodly lives... (2 Peter 2:6)."

The word "ensample" in the Greek language means:a visible example, something that can be witnessed in the physical universe.

Check out more visible examples at

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
    http://michaelrood.tv/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MittyMitch View Post

Bill Belichick and other coaches are saying this, calling him the most disruptive player in the game right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    "adderall"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    [QUOTE]=SouthSideRookie;24606267]
    I brought up the video in response to another poster to show Watt has done that, in the playoffs.
    So you brought it up to show Watt is capable of intercepting a pass for a TD? Fantastic and totally irrelevant regarding a conversation involving this year's DMVP.

Disparity, 15 & 15, never been done.

Yeah and you shouldn't have a problem thinking Watt is deserving. If Watt didn't exist Miller would probably be the favorite.

It's Watt's to lose.

Btw, it's not an excuse for Watt's performance. Wade and JJ both said after the game. Wade also said it was the reasoning for Houston not blitzing much. Chicago's o-line is pathetic, im sure you know this. Besides, like I already mentioned, even though he didn't record any sacks he had a solid game considering the circumstances. You would know if you actually watched the game.
    I think we both can agree each player is playing unreal. However, this is what is getting me. 1 is criticized for having a few mediocre games and the other is given a pass for having a few himself. I can make the same arguments Von getting double teamed and so on.

Secondly, both have damn near the same stats as I've mentioned prior. Total tackles, stuffs, tackles for loss, sacks etc. Difference in turnovers and PDs for each. One is deemed without question the favorite because the logic is he means more to the Texans. Now this is my problem. Who are you (not really you specifically) to say Watt's effect is more impactful than Miller? Unless you've watching both teams each game, I think you're just throwing out BS hoping it'll stick

vCash
    [QUOTE=Mudvayneowns91;24613049]
    =SouthSideRookie;24606267]

So you brought it up to show Watt is capable of intercepting a pass for a TD? Fantastic and totally irrelevant regarding a conversation involving this year's DMVP.

I think we both can agree each player is playing unreal. However, this is what is getting me. 1 is criticized for having a few mediocre games and the other is given a pass for having a few himself. I can make the same arguments Von getting double teamed and so on.

Secondly, both have damn near the same stats as I've mentioned prior. Total tackles, stuffs, tackles for loss, sacks etc. Difference in turnovers and PDs for each. One is deemed without question the favorite because the logic is he means more to the Texans. Now this is my problem. Who are you (not really you specifically) to say Watt's effect is more impactful than Miller? Unless you've watching both teams each game, I think you're just throwing out BS hoping it'll stick
    No Texans' fan need to do this, the results speak for themselves. You keep saying they have near same stats which they do but Watt blows everyone out the park with his PD. Like someone else pointed out, a lot of people fail to realize Watt plays inside the line and of Watts 15 PD, 5 have led to turnovers. Like Bill Belichick said, most people don't have that many PDs in their careers much less in a season. What he is doing is unheard of and never been done.

It shouldn't suprise me you or other Bronco homers don't recognize superiority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDBRONCO View Post
    von miller all the way....watt is good but he is no miller...
    He's no Miller yea of course, because he's better than Miller. Just like the heisman Watts team has a better record agaisnt better opponents while being double teamed! Dont say a chip by RB on Miller is the same as two OL blocking Watt... end of discussion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Aldon Smith says hi.
    JJ Watt says well hello there how do you like my Defensive Player of the Year Award

vCash
    Miller really has nearly 30 tackles for a loss?

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Von miller has 5 FF and an INT (according to ESPN). Watt has 1 FF and 5 tipped balls that have resulted in picks. So essentially they have the same amount of turnovers forced. Watt has more sacks, TFL, and I want to say QB pressures (but haven't checked), as well as more tipped passes (even if you don't include the ones that led to INTs). Von Miller has been amazing this year, but Watt has been better. Hell, Watt even has more solo tackles than Miller this year (which is crazy when you consider the nature of the positions).
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    The historic season continues.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Christ View Post
    The historic season continues.
    What does Watt have to do to be considered for MVP as well? He's having a historic season. With another game agaisnt Luck and the Colts, and i believe Pounder gets sacked alot as well. He showed up big time in today's game!

vCash
    Add to his resume.

10 tackles (6 for a loss)
    1 FF
    3 Sacks

The MOST dominate defender in the league.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast