Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    And steroids

vCash
    JJ Watt is just incredible. As a 3-4 DE of all positions. I'd bet any team would kill to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I disagree...

Peterson is so good that he doesn't even get challenged. A lot like Revis a few years ago when Woodson won DPOY over him. He doesn't have the numbers the other guys have because teams don't risk throwing his way.
    Doesn't get challenged? He got wrecked on as a rookie quite often (I realize it's different now that he's matured another year), but he also got ripped up against the 49ers by Alex Smith and Michael Crabtree about a month or so ago. He's nowhere near the level of Revis.

I like PP7 (and actually wanted him for the Panthers at the draft), but he's extremely overrated based just on his coverage abilities.

vCash
    He goes hard every play, never takes a down off. It seems like most defensive lineman are going to either be a good pass rusher or a good run stopper, not many can do both, but this kid can do it all in a 3-4 set. As a Texans fan he is our MVP hands down, our defense and attitude would not be the same without him. For you to say he's not a good leader is extremely bias. If you watched the Texans play at all this year you would know that the entire defensive line has followed in trying to swat down passes and this makes it hell for all pocket passers. We will have difficulty against roll out passers and QB's who enjoy bootlegs untill Cush comes back but once he is healthy next year this defense will be an all time great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    For those that have Miller ahead of JJ i ask is there any area that Von Miller is considerably better than JJ?
    So due to Watt having more deflections, that makes him better? You do realize Miller plays linebacker, right? He isn't in the middle of the line raising his hands. Not taking anything away from Watt does, but I think you think they're playing the same position.

Playing devil's advocate, what is Watt considerably better than Miller other than deflections? It's certainly not forcing fumbles after sacks or covering or being more versatile as a 2 way player.

If you want to call Watt defensive player of the year, no sweat off my back. However, you are severely overlooking Miller's impact on defense.
    Last edited by Mudvayne91; 12-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    And steroids
    And beat the Bears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    And steroids
    Watt>Peppers
    -A chunk of brimstone that rained down from Heaven

"GOD condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into ashes, making them an ensample to those that live ungodly lives... (2 Peter 2:6)."

The word "ensample" in the Greek language means:a visible example, something that can be witnessed in the physical universe.

Check out more visible examples at

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
    http://michaelrood.tv/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AWC713 View Post
    definitely agree. aldon smith is the "sexy" pick right now, but 6 of his sacks came in one game.

watt is head and shoulders the best defensive player this year, hands down (pun intended?). players at his position shouldnt even he getting sacks, yet he affects game after game despite being double teamed. he has single handedly won games for the texans. not a lot of D players can say that.
    You can't hold that against Aldon Smith. Watt got to play against that same Bears OL and was a non-factor.

vCash
    Von Miller for me. He does it all and I am beyond impressed with how much better he has become in pass coverage this year. Also Miller is right on par with Watt in terms of sacks and TFL so I don't see how Watt is so much better. Yes Watt has the pass deflections but Miller also had the huge edge in Forced Fumbles with 4 to Watt's 1. Miller for me.

vCash
    Von Miller.

vCash
    Tough choice between Miller and Watt to me...

I'll go Miller 1a. Watt 1b.... just because the games Watt was supposed to dominate, he didn't. Bears game.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    Von Miller for me. He does it all and I am beyond impressed with how much better he has become in pass coverage this year. Also Miller is right on par with Watt in terms of sacks and TFL so I don't see how Watt is so much better. Yes Watt has the pass deflections but Miller also had the huge edge in Forced Fumbles with 4 to Watt's 1. Miller for me.
    + a pick 6.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    You can't hold that against Aldon Smith. Watt got to play against that same Bears OL and was a non-factor.
    It's a consistency factor. Watt is more consistant game in and game out in that aspect.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Still waiting for his test results.

vCash
    V. Miller is a beast, but J.J. Watt is on pace to lead the texans in sacks,pass deflection, and tackles! Can't recall seeing a DE in a 3-4, leading his team in these categories.
    -A chunk of brimstone that rained down from Heaven

"GOD condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned them into ashes, making them an ensample to those that live ungodly lives... (2 Peter 2:6)."

The word "ensample" in the Greek language means:a visible example, something that can be witnessed in the physical universe.

Check out more visible examples at

http://www.arkdiscovery.com/index2.htm
    http://michaelrood.tv/

vCash
    Watt also has 30 or so tackles for loss which hasn't been done for over 5 years. 1 dimensional pass rushers are a dime a dozen, true game changing defenders are rare and this guy is one of them. His #s already reflect what the likes of Reggie White had in their prime. No wonder Wade Philips said he would end up in Canton some day. Glad he's here; good character and non-stop motor. MVP candidate.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast