Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 163
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    1500

    Why J.J. Watt is the best

    His passes defended. He has "sWatted" 15 pass attempts 3 of which were intercepted. This is where he separates himself from Aldon Smith, Von Miller and other LBs and DLs. The next closest DL to him in PDs is 8 behind him. Add this to the fact that he leads the league in tackles for loss (24) which do not include sacks and is second in Sacks (15.5) and there is no argument. He is the most dominant defensive player in the league right now. No one else has as much impact on the game.

    15 PD
    24 TFL
    15.5 Sacks

    54.5 plays of 0 or less yards because of him


    http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/play...ckles-for-loss
    Last edited by Benaforce; 12-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    because stone cold said so
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,544
    vCash
    1500
    He's probably still the leader but Dumervil and Aldon are right behind now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    9,324
    vCash
    500
    i personally like von miller.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    1500
    I should have added a poll

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,367
    vCash
    1150
    JJ Swat then Von Miller for me

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    39,823
    vCash
    4409
    Von Miller is catching up to him Some already have him ahead in the DPOY.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    353
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Von Miller is catching up to him Some already have him ahead in the DPOY.
    For those that have Miller ahead of JJ i ask is there any area that Von Miller is considerably better than JJ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    887
    vCash
    1500
    definitely agree. aldon smith is the "sexy" pick right now, but 6 of his sacks came in one game.

    watt is head and shoulders the best defensive player this year, hands down (pun intended?). players at his position shouldnt even he getting sacks, yet he affects game after game despite being double teamed. he has single handedly won games for the texans. not a lot of D players can say that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    The is the best and its not even close.

    Smith, Matthews, Miller, P. Peterson are all great players but Watt is in a league all by himself


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    977
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    The is the best and its not even close.

    Smith, Matthews, Miller, P. Peterson are all great players but Watt is in a league all by himself
    Off topic a little, but how is patrick peterson doing this year? Haven't really been able to watch him to much.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,367
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    The is the best and its not even close.

    Smith, Matthews, Miller, P. Peterson are all great players but Watt is in a league all by himself
    Tillman and Sherman ( without suspension) are both ahead of Peterson.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Tillman and Sherman ( without suspension) are both ahead of Peterson.
    I disagree...

    Peterson is so good that he doesn't even get challenged. A lot like Revis a few years ago when Woodson won DPOY over him. He doesn't have the numbers the other guys have because teams don't risk throwing his way.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    18,367
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I disagree...

    Peterson is so good that he doesn't even get challenged. A lot like Revis a few years ago when Woodson won DPOY over him. He doesn't have the numbers the other guys have because teams don't risk throwing his way.
    As of 2012/10/25

    Sherman was target 2 more times allowed 1 more catch and allowed 0 TD's to Peterson's 1.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,188
    vCash
    1500
    JJ Swat for me as well!

    PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •