Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Your thinking of Shaun Chapas he was the FB at Georgia with Stafford hes still on the P.S.

But nah Stafford and Durham work out together in the offseason at Georgia every so they gotta have some chemistry
    Yes, Chapas.

Durham and Stafford played at Georgia in 06/07/08 and work out in the offseason.

Don't know why he won't be given a shot. I've never understood that... why have guys on your PS if you will never use them? Might as well give one of them a shot and see where they are, if they suck, just cut them.

vCash
    Bring Patrick Edwards off the practice squad...

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞
    Bad Ankles: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Bring Patrick Edwards off the practice squad...
    Can't hes on Practice Squad IR
    MSU ROSEBOWL CHAMPS CONNOR COOK OFFENSIVE MVP GO GREEN

Go Dodgers Go Michigan State Go Lions Go Cavaliers

vCash
    How is that even possible

vCash
    mike simes plez

Quote Originally Posted by FrontRow35 View Post
    Mike Williams! Might as well try and make good on a different failed pick. Just kidding...sort of. Oh man, I though we were done with threads like this. Sad...
    i really wouldnt know what to think about that

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfin View Post
    Why don't they just promote Kris Durham from the Practice Squad hes 6-6 ran a 4.4 why not give him a chance?

he probley isnt ready
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Atleast is wasent the same knee... Hopefully he can come back since he did from the other knee..

but wtf man... smh

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post

When's the last time we got some good news around here?

I say instead of throwing 2nd round picks at question-mark WRs, lets just pick up an undrafted FB or snatch one up in the 7th and actually adjust the offense a little. I miss seeing the I formation once in a while. I wouldn't even mind if Heller got put in there, or even Reiff lol

As far as that list of available WRs goes, ADRIAN ARRINGTON !!
    Congratulations you are a fan of a top 10 draft pick...

good enough news?

vCash
    Let's take a step back and review here......

Mayhew drafts Jahvid Best; whom is coming off a serious concussion in college, and he hasn't played in over a year due to concussions.

Mayhew drafts Titus Young; whom has character issues stemming from high school and Boise St., and he has behavior issues now and probably won't play again for DET.

Mayhew drafts Broyes; whom is coming off a serious kree injury from Oklahoma, and now he has a serious knee injury.

Anyone who is still on the "Mayhew Bandwagon" pounding thier chests about his beloved BPA strategy needs thier head examined right along with Mayhew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    How is that even possible
    Rocket, read my last post.

You still think my comment in the Jason Babin thread was "ridiculous" now??

If Mayhew aint part of the problem right now, I don't know who is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Let's take a step back and review here......

Mayhew drafts Jahvid Best; whom is coming off a serious concussion in college, and he hasn't played in over a year due to concussions.

Mayhew drafts Titus Young; whom has character issues stemming from high school and Boise St., and he has behavior issues now and probably won't play again for DET.

Mayhew drafts Broyes; whom is coming off a serious kree injury from Oklahoma, and now he has a serious knee injury.

Anyone who is still on the "Mayhew Bandwagon" pounding thier chests about his beloved BPA strategy needs thier head examined right along with Mayhew.
    Broyles is just a bad luck injury. Just be thankful it isn't the same knee.

I do agree with the other picks being bad, even though Best should be able to come back since he's been symptom free for a long *** time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Broyles is just a bad luck injury. Just be thankful it isn't the same knee.

I do agree with the other picks being bad, even though Best should be able to come back since he's been symptom free for a long *** time.
    You could argue that they are all "bad luck" I guess. But I think this is more of a pattern than anything else.

Year after year, Mayhew is turning a blind eye to these issues and gambling high draft picks hoping that they won't resurface. I think Mayhew needs to reevaluate the way he drafts. Our team can't afford to miss on any more high picks.

Alhtough I like Broyles, it scares that **** outta me that we have a rookie WR now with two bad knees.

I think we can all agree that we like all three of these guys as players (when they are healthy or have thier head screwed on straight).....but I think we can also all agree that "the jury is still out" on all three of these picks as Mayhew made perhaps an unnecessary gamble drafting all three of them.
    Last edited by mc18641; 12-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.

vCash
    This is all Calvins fault....he's such a beast that the madden curse bounced off him and hit every other receiver in the locker room...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    You could argue that they are all "bad luck" I guess. But I think this is more of a pattern than anything else.

Year after year, Mayhew is turning a blind eye to these issues and gambling high draft picks hoping that they won't resurface. I think Mayhew needs to reevaluate the way he drafts. Our team can't afford to miss on any more high picks.

Alhtough I like Broyles, it scares that **** outta me that we have a rookie WR now with two bad knees.

I think we can all agree that we like all three of these guys as players (when they are healthy or have thier head screwed on straight).....but I think we can also all agree that "the jury is still out" on all three of these picks as Mayhew made perhaps an unnecessary gamble drafting all three of them.
    In your argument, you're also dismissing the picks he has hit on and there are more than a few he's hit on. There isn't a GM in the NFL who hits 100% of the time every year on every high draft pick.

If we were winning, these injuries and/or behavior of Young wouldn't even be issues. Last year Mayhew wasn't even an issue because we went to the playoffs. Now we have an OC letting our offense down with terrible play calling coupled with a few unfortunate injuries and Mayhew is an issue? Please. That's some reactionary nonsense.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    What picks has he hit on exactly???

Patterns. Repeated incidents that were the exact same red flags raised prior to the draft on the guys. It's a lack of scouting, or a complete lack of paying attention to the signs prior to the draft.

mc18641 is RIGHT on the money.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    He needs to build the team to the best of his ability. If he is struggling with the current approach in the draft, he should think about changing his strategy. I know a lot of you think the team has to be built through the draft but MM does better with his trades than his picks. If he's picking top 5 he's great but after that, he's not so good. He falls in love with the home run pick and doesn't stock the team like good drafting teams do. So, because of this, I'm advocating him trading the 2nd and even 3rd round pick to get a solid DB. There also might be some value trading the higher picks (5th-7th round) to gamble on problems other teams want to get rid of. I'd prefer that to gambling with second rounders.

He's gotten guys like Sims and Scheffler in trades and that's the kind of players we need to stock up on to fill these cracks. If we can get some solid veterans to play solid, we could make some noise.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast