Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trade idea?

vCash

trade idea?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7kgdvc

stoudemire & shumpert to S.A.

Ginobili & bonner to N.Y.

parker/green/leonard/stoudemire/duncan (key benchers - neal,jackson,diaw,bair,splitter,shumpert when healthy)

felton/ginobili/melo/bonner - thomas - wallace/chandler (key benchers - kid,jr smith,novak,camby)

vCash
    No way would NY do this. Don't see how it address our needs either ?

vCash
    no thanks. Stoudemire is a lot of cash, a major health, and not an automatic fit to our system. Not see how this really benefits NY either. Would be helpful from a cash perspective but they are not really worried about that.

vCash
    ginobili is the most expendable of the big three. i think the spurs are one long manu injury away from being in the "championships are over, it's the farewell timmy years" mode. might it be time to really consider a trade. to hell with the league, the dvision aint getting any weaker. amare and shumpert is close, but meh an injury prone loser big and a promising rookie fresh off major knee injury. i'd rather see something like nicholson, moore, and a 1st, markieff morris, marshall, and a 1st, or williams, shved, and a 1st. i love what the thunder did with harden, they created an alternative small market model. draft the guy and his sidekick, pay em' develop em', the rest sign cheap extensions or spin the revolving door on the way out. it's not too late for the spurs to follow suit. the magic might be a long shot trade partner cause they don't seem to want wins this year. teams like phoenix or minny could do some real winning with manu, and i bet they'd bite hard on the bait just like the rockets. maybe the spurs should make that sad ginobili move they've put off for years. so the thunder won't continue to outpace us.

vCash
    There would be riots if we trade Manu
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat Robby View Post
    ginobili is the most expendable of the big three. i think the spurs are one long manu injury away from being in the "championships are over, it's the farewell timmy years" mode. might it be time to really consider a trade. to hell with the league, the dvision aint getting any weaker. amare and shumpert is close, but meh an injury prone loser big and a promising rookie fresh off major knee injury. i'd rather see something like nicholson, moore, and a 1st, markieff morris, marshall, and a 1st, or williams, shved, and a 1st. i love what the thunder did with harden, they created an alternative small market model. draft the guy and his sidekick, pay em' develop em', the rest sign cheap extensions or spin the revolving door on the way out. it's not too late for the spurs to follow suit. the magic might be a long shot trade partner cause they don't seem to want wins this year. teams like phoenix or minny could do some real winning with manu, and i bet they'd bite hard on the bait just like the rockets. maybe the spurs should make that sad ginobili move they've put off for years. so the thunder won't continue to outpace us.
    Any of those trades make the Spurs worse in the immediate future, wasting Duncans final years in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Manu will retire a Spur, it may be smart to trade him, but it just won't happen. And New York are you joking, first they have enough veterans on that team, so adding Manu won't help them. Why the hell would they want bonner, they have Novak who does the same thing as bonner. Ifs semi trade happens it would either involve Blair, Neal, Jax, or possibly splitter. I'd love to get rid of bonner but I just don't think it'll happen. Jax, Blair, Neal for a big is ideal. Opens up salary for a decent big
    Quote of the playoffs "Penetration always leads to something good"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Rat Robby View Post
    The problem is that if we make any of these three trades then the "championships are over, its the farewell timmy years" mode starts right away as well. So it is definitely a catch-22. The best thing that the spurs have going for them is experience and continuity. There is no doubt (at least shouldn't be) that we are far from the most skilled team. We may not even be top 10. However we are smart, experienced, and play exceptional team ball. So that is why I am unsure about moving any pieces at this point unless we get a major player that will help clearly help us down the road.

Here are my concerns with your ideas:
    minny: #1 could be lower, we are taking on long term money, both guys are unproven, williams seems uninterested in playing the 4 and shvedy seems like a high volume shooter. Just seems like too much uncertainty for the loss this year.

pho: The morris' seem to be heading the way of the collins twins. Which is not good. And why would they already trade the guy that they specifically drafted to take over as their PG of the future? Their pick would be nice, but I don't know if this solves our most critical issues.

orl: clearly in the rebuilding mode, so they want to see what kind of guys they drafted, not trade away young assests for financial reasons. Plus this hurts them financially this year. And not sure what Moore offers us. The #1 here would be huge, but again why would they give this up?

You do realize that OKC is doing what SA did. We drafted our main guy and his sidekick(s), developed them, and then surrounded them with pieces that fit. I would caution the revolving door perspective. Harden wasn't a revolving door piece, he was only moved because it was clear that he was going to walk for a max contract that next season. Even in that case most gm's don't quite by the way they handled it and thought that they should have played out the year with him.

Finally, we need to get a better perspective on our assets. Gino is no Harden. shooting under 40/30/80. Decrease in minutes,reb., and st. while an increase in TOs. We would definitely be selling low. What team wants that? In addition, I have my doubts that he would even pass a physical if he were to be traded. And even if he did, a team would seriously doubt how long he would hold up. It makes no sense to trade Gino at this point, he has very little value compared to what we need to start rebuilding if we let him go.

vCash
    Pass all the way Amare is not really a good fit here at all. All offense little defense and cannot stay on the court. Shumpert would be a great fit though in a OJ Mayo combo guard role. He'd be a big improvement over the smaller guys like Neal. But again, this isn't a good fit. We're likely strapped until the offseason. Who knows what could happen.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    The problem is that if we make any of these three trades then the "championships are over, its the farewell timmy years" mode starts right away as well. So it is definitely a catch-22. The best thing that the spurs have going for them is experience and continuity. There is no doubt (at least shouldn't be) that we are far from the most skilled team. We may not even be top 10. However we are smart, experienced, and play exceptional team ball. So that is why I am unsure about moving any pieces at this point unless we get a major player that will help clearly help us down the road.

Here are my concerns with your ideas:
    minny: #1 could be lower, we are taking on long term money, both guys are unproven, williams seems uninterested in playing the 4 and shvedy seems like a high volume shooter. Just seems like too much uncertainty for the loss this year.

pho: The morris' seem to be heading the way of the collins twins. Which is not good. And why would they already trade the guy that they specifically drafted to take over as their PG of the future? Their pick would be nice, but I don't know if this solves our most critical issues.

orl: clearly in the rebuilding mode, so they want to see what kind of guys they drafted, not trade away young assests for financial reasons. Plus this hurts them financially this year. And not sure what Moore offers us. The #1 here would be huge, but again why would they give this up?

You do realize that OKC is doing what SA did. We drafted our main guy and his sidekick(s), developed them, and then surrounded them with pieces that fit. I would caution the revolving door perspective. Harden wasn't a revolving door piece, he was only moved because it was clear that he was going to walk for a max contract that next season. Even in that case most gm's don't quite by the way they handled it and thought that they should have played out the year with him.

Finally, we need to get a better perspective on our assets. Gino is no Harden. shooting under 40/30/80. Decrease in minutes,reb., and st. while an increase in TOs. We would definitely be selling low. What team wants that? In addition, I have my doubts that he would even pass a physical if he were to be traded. And even if he did, a team would seriously doubt how long he would hold up. It makes no sense to trade Gino at this point, he has very little value compared to what we need to start rebuilding if we let him go.
    Marcus Morris or Markieff Morris would be nice upgrades. It would be great to bring in Morris instead of Blair.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkGawdofWalkz View Post
    Marcus Morris or Markieff Morris would be nice upgrades. It would be great to bring in Morris instead of Blair.
    for Gino?

I don't have a problem with them and they are most likely an upgrade, however, they are no #2 and my point is that 10-15/5-7 is about their limit in my opinion. So thinking they will serve as a key to our rebuilding seems a little optimistic. 2yrs of mediocrity is not a very good signal of what they are capable of. I will admit that Marcus is having a better year but I need to see more before I am ready to move any major pieces for them.

vCash
    I would have a huge problem trading Captain Jack for anything short of a legit star. Jax is a proven playoff performer and was one of the very few Spurs that didnt **** the bed against OKC. The Spurs need his "attitude"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSpurs23 View Post
    I would have a huge problem trading Captain Jack for anything short of a legit star. Jax is a proven playoff performer and was one of the very few Spurs that didnt **** the bed against OKC. The Spurs need his "attitude"!
    The only way you get a star for Jackson is if you include Kawhi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    no offense but the Spurs are freakin' communists bro. They should get with Stern's capitalist agenda like NOW

vCash
    Why arent we interested in Gortat, i thik he should cost less than varejao with walton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zappist View Post
    Why arent we interested in Gortat, i thik he should cost less than varejao with walton
    im sure they are intrested in both and i wouldnt be surprised to see a trade for one or the other before the deadline
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast