Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    We are all frustrated with Palmer throwing picks, but there are several reasons for it and his accuracy isn't close to the top of the list.

The line struggles to give him protection so most times he hurried and can get his footing right to make a good throw.

Knapp stuggles to design or call plays that actually get a receiver open!

The line just started to open some holes for the run when irronicly we lost our 2 so called best running backs and we had to use Reece. Still can't score though!

Which showed why he should of been utilized all year by Knapp the a$$hat!

Finally Palmer has to continue to push it, because the defense couldn't stop a Pop Warner offense and we are always 2+ scores behind.

I would love to see what he would do with the line and receivers Gannon had...

Curious...

What's the excuse for the rest of his career? He had CJ and TJ and still tossed 20 INT's multiple times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He's one of the most overrated athletes of all-time. I'm not saying he's not better than most of the guys we've had under center since Stabler, but he's not as good as the media would like you to believe.

I can name you a dozen guys I've seen over the years I'd rather have. Easily.

-Stork
    Yeah, I'll play this game.

A dozen QB's better then Farve? GO!

vCash
    Stewart is a prototypical ZBS tailback,l he takes one cut and heads up field. Give me a couple of backs like him over one McFadden any day of the week, I am saying that having lauded McFadden's ability all off season.

vCash
    In all honestly, I hope we keep the ZBS and finish the switch to a hybrid offense. And even if DA ends up stinking it up more next season, I hope we keep him too. The stench of Davis/Jackson mistakes is strong in this roster and I feel like only a few of the players from that regime can be saved. Most of our roster oozes physical talent but is lacking in heart and mind.

We need more players like Reece, Stewart, Myers, Burris, Palmer, Streeter, Veldheer, and the like. We need players who love to play football and who want to be here. Old school type players who want to be part of a family and who are not out there to milk the sport for all they can.

This roster is going to go through a transformation like the Lions did after going 0-16. I think only Raiola and Calvin Johnson are left from the Matt Millen era, and I think only a select few will be left from the Al Davis+Hue Jackson eras.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Yeah, I'll play this game.

A dozen QB's better then Farve? GO!
    Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Marino, Ken Anderson, Troy Aikman, Fran Tarkenton, Ken Fouts, John Elway, Bob Griese and Ken Stabler....I'd be damned temped to add Steve Bartkowski and Archie Manning too, but they got too beaten up and the body of work just isn't there.

Off the top of my head.

I'd take lots of guys before Favre.

-Stork

vCash
    Joe Montana, Roger Staubach, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Dan Marino, Ken Anderson, Troy Aikman, Fran Tarkenton, Ken Fouts, John Elway, Bob Griese and Ken Stabler....I'd be damned temped to add Steve Bartkowski and Archie Manning too, but they got too beaten up and the body of work just isn't there.

Off the top of my head.

-Stork
    A lot of those names are from 'before' my time. Hell, I bet Johnny Unitas was pretty good, but I never saw him.

So, I really can't comment on many of those names.

Favre was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. More importantly, on his good days, he was as good as anyone who ever played.

vCash
    people still think RUN EMT is going to be here next year?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash

Off the top of my head.

-Stork
    Who is Ken Fouts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Who is Ken Fouts?
    Lol...Dan's brother. Much better QB.

Pardon my faux pas.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Curious...

What's the excuse for the rest of his career? He had CJ and TJ and still tossed 20 INT's multiple times.
    this argument is piss-poor. Brees had a season where he threw 22INT's in 2010.

P. Manning threw 16 and 17 INT seasons and has had 23INT season.

Eli threw 25 picks in 2010. 20 picks in 2007.

You continue to look at what you want and not the situation.

Good QB's throw picks. Sometimes more than they want. check out the thread I'm about to post with a new article that's pretty interesting read on Carson..

vCash
    Lol...Dan's brother. Much better QB.

Pardon my faux pas.

-Stork
    I had a mental picture of Stabler letting it fly in a Don Coryell offense.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345