Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jeremy Stuart a diamond in the rough?

i'm just curious to see how the rest of the Raider nation feels about the new addition of Jeremy Stuart to our RB rotation? Personally i think Reggie is on to something here, he seems to b able to read the O-line really well, is patient, can definitely catch, has shown the ability to block and just always seems to be getting some positive yardage. He's also only 23(6'1 220lbs) and was primarily used as a third dwn back at standford, when healthy.I think this kid came in with a chip on his shoulder and is anxious to get out there and proove his critics wrong...thoughts???
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-06-2013 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Looks alright so far. we'll see if he sticks. they may stick with ZBS moving forward but not the offense should be different. His touches will really decrease if Mcfadden plays the rest of the season.

vCash
    Better than Taiwan Jones.

vCash
    He seemed to do well. I'd keep him over Taiwan Jones if I were forced into that decision right now. But one or two semi decent outings havn't impressed me yet. His effort is appreciated though.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    With the limited amount of carries he got in his first three games, his numbers were mainly pedestrian, except in the passing game where he had quite a bit of success. After we gave him a bigger role yesterday, however, it seemed like he got some momentum going and was finding and hitting holes with ease. It seemed like his last four carries or so, he was getting 7 or 8 yards a pop. It will be interesting to see him develop. Some of the best backs in the league are undrafted; Arian Foster is the first one that comes to mind, and their system is obviously very similar to ours. Stewart has some nice speed.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    He seemed to do well. I'd keep him over Taiwan Jones if I were forced into that decision right now. But one or two semi decent outings havn't impressed me yet. His effort is appreciated though.
    ^I completely agree^

vCash
    Stephon Wiz was quoted as saying Stuart sees the holes better and has more patience waiting for blocks..........sounds good to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    Stephon Wiz was quoted as saying Stuart sees the holes better and has more patience waiting for blocks..........sounds good to me.
    Don't underestimate that quote. If the linemen think Stewart is working harder to see and hit the holes they are opening for him, I'd bet $10 they will block harder for him. Stewart's patience as a runner seems promising.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    Don't underestimate that quote. If the linemen think Stewart is working harder to see and hit the holes they are opening for him, I'd bet $10 they will block harder for him. Stewart's patience as a runner seems promising.
    Nice you got me on glennon watch haha

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    If he pans out then i think our backfield is good to go next year with mcfadden(hopefully we keep him, going out on a limb here) goodson, stewart and reece...i think Taiwan jones is expendable now too unless hes gonna stick to special teams were i think hes actually been a bright spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    With the limited amount of carries he got in his first three games, his numbers were mainly pedestrian, except in the passing game where he had quite a bit of success. After we gave him a bigger role yesterday, however, it seemed like he got some momentum going and was finding and hitting holes with ease. It seemed like his last four carries or so, he was getting 7 or 8 yards a pop. It will be interesting to see him develop. Some of the best backs in the league are undrafted; Arian Foster is the first one that comes to mind, and their system is obviously very similar to ours. Stewart has some nice speed.
    ^^^ this with one already stated addition lets see how he plays against a tougher D... To soon for me to call it either way but he is a smart back and I remember seeing him play at Stanford against the Ducks and have success.

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Nice you got me on glennon watch haha
    lol yep

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    It made me mad that on one drive, Stewart ran the ball three straight time and got two first down, that they passed the ball three straight times and punted. To answer the question, I like Stewart. There is some potential. At least enough to make getting rid of #20 more of a possibilty. If an udrafted free agent has a better average, he does need to go.
    "Life is great. Football is better". -Steve Sabol

vCash

Jeremy Stewart looks like he is a keeper

"He has real good vision," Wisniewski said. "He seems to make the right cut all the time, and he's the kind of guy that, even if there's not much there, he kind of finds the little crease. If there's 3 yards there, he'll get those 3 yards." He looks to be very productive and he don't give up on plays.

vCash
    You didn't even try to look for an already existing thread.

-Stork

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast