Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Read before jumping to conclusions

What do you guys think will happen with palmer? Palmer was given an extension but the interesting part is that his salary for 2013 is non guaranteed if we cut him. I think we can all agree we gave up too much for him. That is a main reason that some of you want to keep him, but that package is too bring us a superbowl and thats not going to happen. Reggie isn't tied to the trade either so i don't think he honestly cares what people will say. As I've said the biggest mistake teams make is building a team, then looking for their franchise QB. in 2-3 years im sure the offensive line will be set and the D will no doubt look MUCH different in 2-3 years. Carson already isn't what he used to be by that time i think he will be continuing to decline. Then we have to look for a franchise QB and it will really take another 2-3 years before that QB is ready to make DEEP playoff runs. This is a main reason why i want to see pryor for the next 3-4 games, i want to see if he has what it takes so we can go with palmer again next year knowing we have our man for the future behind him. I personally think the raiders should trade down picking up a second then taking Mike Glennon. We will still take a impact defensive player in the first and have more picks from trading down and trading other players. This way in 2-3 years when our team is built, our QB has experience under his belt to take us to another level. I know there isn't a GREAT QB prospect in this years draft but you never know. The experts have missed numerous times in calling people great prospects and bad prospects. What do you guys think will happen and what do you want to happen?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    not a fan of his trade, but with over 350 yards today he is one of the few doing his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kringle9 View Post
    not a fan of his trade, but with over 350 yards today he is one of the few doing his job.
    His yards are heavily skewed. A lot have come in garbage time

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Still, I can think of about 6 or 7 positions that need to be looked at. Besides if we get rid of him, who will we get? We keep him for now and get rid of some defensive dead weight.

vCash
    We can't fill all those positions in one offseason anyway. 3-5 will be fixed through draft and fa the rest will have stop gaps until the next draft

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    As an NC State guy, I really like Glennon. He has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL. I think he is very intelligent and he can make all the throws. He is a superior arm talent as well. He just hasn't has much consistent talent around him, a fluctuating offensive line, and an abysmal running game. I also wholeheartedly agree with your assertion that the QB should be the building block and not the last addition. That being said, I am not entirely sure Glennon will last until the mid 2nd if we trade back. We would very possibly have to find a way to trade back into the bottom of the 1st.

I have defended Palmer and his stats in the past, but the cold truth is his stats are artificially inflated. When the game is actually up for grabs, he has lots of miscommunication with receivers, and quite frankly is inept at putting the ball in the endzone. If we are going to rebuild the right way, I don't think he fits into the equation.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Palmer is the least of the Raiders problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeNasty View Post
    Palmer is the least of the Raiders problems.
    maybe you didn't read the post, no one said palmer is the problem. He just isn't the solution.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    all he is is a shoe in. our team is not good enough to make it to the big 1, its not Palmers fault. By the time we are good enough he will probably be gone, unless RM can work some miracles. Our line is terrible this year, its hard for a pocket passer to be confident when worrying about ending up on his *** every time he drops back. We have to improve both lines first, before worrying about throwing a franchise QB back there. How do you think Palmer would do on the niners? I think that would be scary.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    So by creating this thread you weren't implying anything?

vCash
    Palmer is a big case of Blue Balls and he sucks in the red zone

He's good for one more year max, he will be gone shortly

vCash
    who exactly is gonna replace and play better than Palmer? who's to say Palmer won't restructure some of his money around?

And the idea of taking a QB in ANY round in this upcoming draft is beyond stupid. You see how bad this defense is ailing.

And why would you even waste a draft pick like that on a QB when the following year there is a significantly better QB draft class. It's a lose/lose to select a QB with any pick in this upcoming draft. Period.

And who's to say that Knapp's replacement won't get this offense and Carson to play to their best of their ability? All we've seen so far from Carson is him pressing. Last year, this year. He hasn't had a good defense for five minutes and he's almost been hear a year and a half. Take some time to think about that.

I'm all for throwing Pryor in there after this Thursday's game to see what he can do. I'm against the notion that there is any QB in FA or in the draft that will be able to play better than Carson Palmer will next season. So it makes no sense to dump him unless Pryor plays like Kaepernick or better. That's yet to be seen.

Again, I'm sure all of you have heard my take on this but I just don't believe judging Carson off of what he's been dealt so far is true to what he can be should Reggie get him some ****ing help to make this work. The OL and WR's regressed IMMENSELY this year. We were THIS close to the playoffs last year because of him.

I put the blame on the young receivers (who lost us the last game of 2011) who have not been consistent. How about we see Carson with an actual I dunno..vet receiver? Lol I may be in the minority here but I seen what this guy can do when the receivers catch the ball and the coaches put the players in the best position to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeNasty View Post
    So by creating this thread you weren't implying anything?
    i think i was fairly implicit that he isn't the solution. where did i say its because of palmer we suck?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i think i was fairly implicit that he isn't the solution. where did i say its because of palmer we suck?
    All im saying is that Palmer is taking a "Run First" offense and still passing for around top 10 in the league. When your offense is only averaging 3sih yards a carry it makes passing even harder. I know you're talking about the future but think about how bad this team really would be. We would have no veteran presence and no identity.

vCash
    how much garbage time did he have in this game? we were in the game until they scored at the end. So how ever many yards he had on that last drive are the only garbage yards he had, today at least.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast